Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Bob23

There's an interesting view of karma put forth by Deepak Chopra amongst others who explain it in very simple terms of this moment now, as it's happening. Karma, as eastern traditions explain it, is quite different from the wests interpretation of it. In the east it is one of three names given to exactly the same thing...oneness, unicity, now etc. All three are the effect and cause of the same thing or no~thing. Taken to it's obvious and simple conclusion...this moment now, cannot be before or after itself other than as an illusory concept or maya which veils the actuality.

How far would there be to seek what~is happening right now?

How far could you escape what~is occuring right now?

When was the last time there never was a simple appearance of now?

It's a very simple explanation, I'll agree, and in that...it's also very complicated for a particular western~I'd view!

Make of it what you will.

Just be,

Bob23. :****: lol
Old 30-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hi Peteyzen,

the other thing I was wondering is if you know about the law of attraction and how to use it, do you think there is anything more you need to know?

Hi dreamer, yes I skipped the second question, not through intent, just through incompetence!!! Yes there is more to know, else your intent, your use of the law of attraction may be flawed. That is you may want things that are poor choices karmically, by using the law of attraction unwisely you will attract entities and circumstances which are unhelpful.
A firm moral and ethical base is required when using the forces of attraction or great long term damage can be done to your path.
remeber the old adage `Be careful what you ask for, you might get it`
In short, examine very carefully your true intent when using these forces of attraction deliberately
Hope that helps dreamer.
Still love your posts mate.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Glorymist

peteyzen - -

The basics of karma is learning to take full responsibility for ALL of one's actions - - physical / emotional / mental / and otherwise. One interesting tidbit I learned long ago was that - - our debts are usually paid back to God / Life without coin. Karma is *incredibly* exact. Frighteningly so ! !

Another tidbit - - with freedom (using the Law of Attraction and other psychic laws) comes intense responsibility. The Law of Attraction - - works. Without a doubt. But use it wrongly - - and I don't even want to be on the same planet when that person has to begin to pay off their karmic debts. HeH Not really - - but it carries the point.

All "struggles" are not karmic. Many times - - struggles are LIFE trying to get you to head in a particular direction and you are refusing to do so. Well - - in a sense - - I guess that still could somewhat be considered karma. Kinda. HeH again. But it's stretching the principle BIG time.

One way to look at the Law of Attraction is - - it works - - NOW what ??

And beyond the Law of Attraction is the rest of LIFE. The Law of Attraction is only a psychic tool.

And Bob23 is most correct in what he says. The present moment - - now - - is all Soul ever really has control over. Soul Itself lives from the present moment. It is psychic baggage - - which is limiting and not of Soul Itself - - that clouds the livingness of this.

But then again - - there are a few interesting levels / twists to living in the "Now" that can offer much adventure.

HeH again. I think that makes the third time. :->
Old 05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
DASA

Laws of Nature

It is explained that there are laws of nature. For every action there is an equal corresponding reaction. For those who have studied a little science; you know that this is irreversible law. It is a law that it integral within every aspect of this creation; that is caused the law of physics for every action there is an equal corresponding reaction or as we say in English,
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Glorymist

DASA - -

I believe you and I said pretty much the same thing, tho I tended to wing out on it a bit more. When I said - - "taking full responsibility" - - that meant learning the full implications of cause / effect or action / reaction in our lives.

I guess the only thing I did suggest is - - that this applies to the emotional and mental levels too.

I don't know if by your use of the term "Laws of Nature" - - if you solely mean of the physical world - - or if you also include the emotional / mental levels too.

Karma and reincarnation are the fundamental building blocks of these lower worlds of duality / polarity / opposites. Without these two fundamentals - - these worlds would not exist - - or would be *drastically* different.

In my most humble opinion.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:26 PM
DASA

Similar thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
I don't know if by your use of the term "Laws of Nature" - - if you solely mean of the physical world - - or if you also include the emotional / mental levels too.

Hi Glorymist - yes, I don't think we were too different in what we were saying regarding Karma. I would include what I would refer to as 'subtle material energies' (emotional & mental etc...) as being also under the laws of nature. Just like a sound is more subtle than a rock, but both follow certain sets of physics.

'Hare Krishna' & be happy,

ys, Das
Old 07-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Master
As regards karma, I have been taught that there are karma`s associated with groups, nations etc.,has anyone else come across these group karmic teachings.
Essentially, just as when we pray together and act as group positively, we can geometrically increase our combined efforts, there is a karmic benefit to this in equal measure to our intent (well there is a rumour that there is a sliding scale of karma , called the law of nine, in which, the more that you know about karma and practice intnet, the higher the karmic payback rises up to a level of times nine) . The down side of course is if we allied ourselves toa negative group, (even nation) then we acrue negative karma , unskillful karma. So be careful of your alliances folks, or at the least if you are in a group and are concerned about the direction it is going , speak out, or leave it. don`t just put your head down, we have influence in this life for a reason,.

Well thtas what I heard anyhow, love to hear peoples comments.
keep fiddling witth the spiritual playdoh
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Bob23

Hey Peteyzen,

Great commnicating with you again!

These teachings you are receiving about different levels to climb or fall down which seem to be judged by great levellers such as Karma and other associated words, what, in the immediate experience, is it like for you, rather than what someone else has told you it's like for them?

If another has climbed a spiritual ladder to apparently come to some understanding and then goes and teaches that to someone else that'll simple perpetuate a path taken by someone else, which is great y'know, but...what about those who side stepped all that spiritual treadmill and spontaneously 'awoke' with neither levels to ascend nor paths to follow?

Where would that leave a life~long devotee of a chosen path who is attempting to earn their teacher's way into what happened to their teacher?

Some can't even spell the word enlightenment let alone the word karma and had no interest in anything spiritual what~so~ever, yet 'awakening' happened!? (they have no path, ladder, levels, purpose, yearning etc. other than living life...full on!)

And the great thing is; whether earning or not...it all happens simply in this little space you're reading this post right now...which is also where you're whole life will unfold in...how simply wonder~full!

Be,

Bob23.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 AM
DASA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob23
Some can't even spell the word enlightenment let alone the word karma and had no interest in anything spiritual what~so~ever, yet 'awakening' happened!? (they have no path, ladder, levels, purpose, yearning etc. other than living life...full on!)

And the great thing is; whether earning or not...it all happens simply in this little space you're reading this post right now...which is also where you're whole life will unfold in...how simply wonder~full!

But unless you've attained perfection yourself Bob, how can you say anything for sure? And how can we know that what you are saying is true? For the reader it just becomes another path to follow, should anyone choose to do so?

Gouranga,

Das
Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Bob23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
But unless you've attained perfection yourself Bob, how can you say anything for sure? And how can we know that what you are saying is true? For the reader it just becomes another path to follow, should anyone choose to do so?

Gouranga,

Das

lol Hey Dasa,

I love reading your posts mate, especially your latest one asking me about the attainment of something you call 'perfection' then asking me how you'll know it's true!?

Please explain in as much detail as possible, which 'path to follow' I have laid out?

This 'perfection' you refer to that would allow me the surity to say what I said, well, which 'perfection' am I judged by Dasa?

It must be terrible to think that years spent trying to get somewhere or attain something has been right under your nose all along, maybe too terrible, so best not do that and carry on your devotion to eventually getting somewhere you really hope will come sooner rather than later because of all the deserving invested in the getting of it!

Maybe it's all a lot simpler than that, and it's simplicity will be over~looked because of the years the seeker has looked elsewhere.

What I'm saying Dasa, in a nutshell is; you are already THAT which you seek my friend! What better compliment could be offered anyone to accept?

How can there be a path to here?

This is why none of my posts have laid out any systematic way of finding home when it is already the case.

Namaste my well read friend,

Bob23. :****:

AUM TIT YAH
Closed Thread