Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for posing this question! I think it is a fine and brave thing to admit to a fear of any sort. Any transition is potentially frightening and there is no shame in that.

I was lucky to be raised by a very wise woman, who told me that because everyone is different, everyone's idea of heaven is different, and we all get exactly the afterlife we want, whether that is a cottage in a green field or a palace on an island. There are so many helpful people and angels to help those who have passed (whether they are your dead friends and relatives or your spirit guardians or guides) that we can't help but be welcomed to the other side! And it will surely be familiar when we get there, since we must have come from there to start off with.
Old 17-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryn
Thank you for posing this question! I think it is a fine and brave thing to admit to a fear of any sort. Any transition is potentially frightening and there is no shame in that.

I was lucky to be raised by a very wise woman, who told me that because everyone is different, everyone's idea of heaven is different, and we all get exactly the afterlife we want, whether that is a cottage in a green field or a palace on an island. There are so many helpful people and angels to help those who have passed (whether they are your dead friends and relatives or your spirit guardians or guides) that we can't help but be welcomed to the other side! And it will surely be familiar when we get there, since we must have come from there to start off with.

Yes! Very beautiful and very correct.
Old 19-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Richard RS

You studied near death experiences.
You are right in worry about what will happens to all of us, since we all will we go there, eventually. What I know is that we create our position in that reality according with the way we live here, in this world. Be a good person and you will have nothing to fear.
This is a quote of one of the books I had studied through my years of seeking answers in this matter:

"Confidence in the reality of a future life does not exclude apprehension in regard to the
passage from this present life to the other one. Many persons do not dread death in itself; what they dread is the instant of transition. Do we, or do we not, suffer in the crossing of the boundary? This is the query that disturbs his or her equanimity, and which is all the more worthy of consideration because it refers to something from which no one among us can possibly escape. We may decline to
take a journey upon the Earth; but the journey we are contemplating is one that must be taken alike by rich and poor, and if it were a painful one, neither rank nor fortune can do away with its painfulness.
When we see the peacefulness of some deaths and the terrible convulsions that accompany others, we naturally infer that the sensations attendant on dissolution are not the same in all cases; but who can enlighten us upon this point? Who will describe for us the physiological phenomenon of the separation of the soul and body? Who will recount to us the impressions of that solemn moment?
Science and religion are equally silent in reference to this matter"

A good conscience of having lived a good life and done all the good you could, will be your safeguard for a good position in the spiritual world. Life is evolution and progress, and evil is only a temporary state, the result of the childhood of the soul, wich is immortal, but still have much to learn. The more the soul learn, the better she becomes and the less she suffer. The idea of an evil force opposing God is a mistake.
God is Sovereign and good and just.
Old 19-04-2014, 05:50 PM
NRynes

I've had two of what you call "near-death experiences" recently during a severe accident and the follow-up surgery. I am no longer afraid of the death of my body because I know now, in the core of my self, that I am a spiritual being and my spirit will go "home" when my body finally dies. Losing this fear of death, and understanding that life is about LIVING it to its fullest, has freed me to be who and what I truly am. It has opened the world to me all over again.

I do take exception, though, to the idea that we are the only species that knows we are going to die and that contemplate our own deaths. As a scientist, I can tell you that (at this point) we absolutely do no know exactly what goes on in the minds of other animals. It appears that some species actually do understand and contemplate death (elephants and dolphins are two species that may have some understanding of death).

Hope this helps,

Nancy
Old 26-04-2014, 05:18 PM
mindsoulconnet

One should never be afraid of death if you die on the right side. For those who believe in Jesus.
Old 28-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsoulconnet
One should never be afraid of death if you die on the right side. For those who believe in Jesus.

hi mindsoulconnect. I was wondering if you think the only "right side" is to "believe in Jesus". I am not going to challenge your words no matter what your response. I am just curious about what you wrote.
Old 28-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRynes

I do take exception, though, to the idea that we are the only species that knows we are going to die and that contemplate our own deaths. As a scientist, I can tell you that (at this point) we absolutely do no know exactly what goes on in the minds of other animals. It appears that some species actually do understand and contemplate death (elephants and dolphins are two species that may have some understanding of death).

Hope this helps,

Nancy
Nancy, I would not be surprised to learn we are the only species that is innately unaware of the natural cycle of incarnating on earth. Excuse the double negative. I mean to say, I suspect that ALL other life forms that incarnate on earth may well be aware of the cycle as being natural.
Old 28-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
Nancy, I would not be surprised to learn we are the only species that is innately unaware of the natural cycle of incarnating on earth. Excuse the double negative. I mean to say, I suspect that ALL other life forms that incarnate on earth may well be aware of the cycle as being natural.

I think you are correct.
Old 28-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Knower

There is absolutely no reason to fear death because it is not an end. Currently you are a spirit having a human experience. Home is the other side. Earth is a learning ground for those that are here. When your physical body dies where your spirit goes will be based upon how spiritually evolved you are. Not everyone goes to the same place. Those that are more developed will go to higher dimensions that those less developed. If a person has done bad things in a life they may go to a place in the fourth dimension for awhile. Those that commit murder or suicide may be stuck in the fourth dimension for several hundred years which actually is a small time considering how old we really are.

If you are really worried try doing past life regression or astral projection. If you are successful, what you experience will set your mind at ease that death is not an end.
Old 30-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Experiencer

The afterlife itself isn't scary to me. It's what happens prior to that that can be scary.