Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-01-2020, 08:28 PM
Master

Right hand lifting itself in the air

So after almost 3 hours of meditation, I reached a new state, anyway, the thing is that my right hand started to lift itself in the air and then it fell back, slowly and gently but I could feel every single movement in my muscles.

When it first happened, I opened my eyes, thinking that I somehow, detached from my physical body, but in fact my physical hand was the one who moved, then I closed my eyes and minutes later the same experience appeared, my hand lifted itself in the air and then it fell back, slowly and gently.

To me it felt as if someone was lifting my hand in the air and this someone was me, it's hard to say, I felt that there are two "I", I was in deep meditation and the other "I" was lifting my arm as a sign or something. This happened out of nowhere, I was meditating and suddenly I started to notice my fingers moving up, like they were lifted by some kind of force and then my entire hand lifted itself in the air, when I say hand, I mean my entire arm.

At one point I tried to lift the left hand and it did not work, I thought that it's only me who is doing it but when I tried, it did not work at all with the left hand, while the right hand lifted itself.

I called the Creator on an on and I heard some voices telling me to shut up and to stop and things like that but I kept going on and this is how I arrived at this new experience.

Old 28-01-2020, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
Many responses in our body function constantly without our conscious control; smooth muscle in the gut....eye blinking...breathing.....heart beat (to name just three out of very many.)
Maybe you accessed a part of the autonomic nervous system responsible for such things...(?) and it happened kind of subconsciously?
Old 28-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Many responses in our body function constantly without our conscious control; smooth muscle in the gut....eye blinking...breathing.....heart beat (to name just three out of very many.)
Maybe you accessed a part of the autonomic nervous system responsible for such things...(?) and it happened kind of subconsciously?

I think that this happened, I wonder if I can rewire my brain when I reach a deep state of meditation.

I think this is what hypnosis is for, to rewire the brain when the mind is in a very deep state of peace but still in a conscious state.
Old 28-01-2020, 05:26 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I think that this happened, I wonder if I can rewire my brain when I reach a deep state of meditation.

I think this is what hypnosis is for, to rewire the brain when the mind is in a very deep state of peace but still in a conscious state.

The brain is in a constant state of rewiring. That's why a powerful tool such as meditation can have a drastic impact. Just be aware neuroplasticity works both ways, for the good and the bad. That's why it's very important to practice meditation in a way that's intended. Introduce fabrications and misunderstandings of its purpose and it can rewire the brain with those fabrications and misunderstandings.

In other words it can do as much damage as good.
Old 28-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The brain is in a constant state of rewiring. That's why a powerful tool such as meditation can have a drastic impact. Just be aware neuroplasticity works both ways, for the good and the bad. That's why it's very important to practice meditation in a way that's intended. Introduce fabrications and misunderstandings of its purpose and it can rewire the brain with those fabrications and misunderstandings.

In other words it can do as much damage as good.

I am aware of this, I just you know, use words, something like: divine love, divine truth, healing from depression and things like that, just for testing, but nothing changed.
Old 28-01-2020, 06:31 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I am aware of this, I just you know, use words, something like: divine love, divine truth, healing from depression and things like that, just for testing, but nothing changed.

You're asking for too much from neuroplasticity. It's small. slow and incremental changes to brain function and structure but nothing supernatural.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:02 PM
Master

Quote:
You're asking for too much from neuroplasticity. It's small. slow and incremental changes to brain function and structure but nothing supernatural.

Can you teach me or guide me to a simple way of doing this, for example, to heal myself from depression, I see that I can reach that very deep state at this moment and I experience all sorts of body movements, from arms to leg and even my eyes, it's funny how my right arms lifts itself, it takes time to reach a maximum height and then it falls back like a feather. Now it's easier for me to notice that in fact I am the one who lifts the arm, I can do it in a conscious way, I think about it and then the "magic" happens.

It took me almost 3 hours to reach this state and now I reach it even faster but if I can't find a way to heal myself from depression, it's all for nothing... Those 3 hours were like few minutes to me, when you really really slow down, you lose the notion of time, you really lose it.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:15 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Can you teach me or guide me to a simple way of doing this, for example, to heal myself from depression, I see that I can reach that very deep state at this moment and I experience all sorts of body movements, from arms to leg and even my eyes, it's funny how my right arms lifts itself, it takes time to reach a maximum height and then it falls back like a feather. Now it's easier for me to notice that in fact I am the one who lifts the arm, I can do it in a conscious way, I think about it and then the "magic" happens.

It took me almost 3 hours to reach this state and now I reach it even faster but if I can't find a way to heal myself from depression, it's all for nothing... Those 3 hours were like few minutes to me, when you really really slow down, you lose the notion of time, you really lose it.

To be totally honest much of what you describe in your meditation sessions sounds to me like fabrications of mind and you are only reinforcing these fabrications, leading you to expect bigger and better supernatural aspects to arise.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but that's my honest opinion based on my knowledge, study and practice over the past decade.. It's just not what meditation is about. It's not its purpose.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Master

Quote:
To be totally honest much of what you describe in your meditation sessions sounds to me like fabrications of mind and you are only reinforcing these fabrications, leading you to expect bigger and better supernatural aspects to arise.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but that's my honest opinion based on my knowledge, study and practice over the past decade.. It's just not what meditation is about. It's not its purpose.

It may very well be, I was talking about self hypnosis which requires a deep state of meditation, it's "real thing" ( I guess ) used by some doctors when the patients are suffering from a form of mental illness, my case depression.

I know it's hard to understand how horrible depression can be.
Old 28-01-2020, 08:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
It may very well be, I was talking about self hypnosis which requires a deep state of meditation, it's "real thing" ( I guess ) used by some doctors when the patients are suffering from a form of mental illness.

Might want to check out Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). There's at least one excellent free online course available. It's an eight week course but it requires effort and discipline. Nothing fancy, just proven methods of mindfulness meditation applied to certain mental health challenges and pioneered by Jon Kabat-Zinn, the Father of American Mindfulness.