Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 15-01-2016, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator
I am not scared. I am ready. I have prepared for my crossing to a great extent. Although I must admit I am slightly apprehensive of how things will work out. But I am scared of pain, which I suppose makes me a wuss.
However, my continued existence here tells me I am not actually ready to go yet....there is more to be gained and learned here.
But no -I am not terrified of 'death'. At all.
Old 15-01-2016, 02:53 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
I wasn't when I was younger but as I get older I begin to feel, maybe not fear, but frustration, as if I have undone work. I'm healthy though, maybe I am just approaching some kind of life period crisis. It doesn't help that my original career hasn't suited me too well and I've realized that I always wanted to have many children, but it's not enough to just meet and date someone, I have to actually find someone who wants the same things that I want and that's starting to become rare.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:09 AM
Suspended
Guide
I used to think I was not scared, until I really almost died of starvation, a slow painful death.... Then I was kind of scared, and at the bleakest moments would reach out and call to GOD, perhaps god kept me alive to do some unfinished work. But I was never really all that religious, and still I'm not, but now I'm a lot more open to the idea that god could exist.
Old 28-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Pathfinder
I have not been afraid of death since I got into spirituality.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:14 AM
Guide
Since my spiritual awakening I am not afraid of dying, as I believe we will all return to the Spirit World. To Source.

I am a little apprehensive about the pain of death though :)

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 01-02-2016, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator
That's more or less how I feel about it Ghost Rider.
In a big storm the other night I had to walk under 5 Oak trees, some of them with very dodgy-looking dead branches (when viewed in daylight) And an Oak branch of that size weighs...well....enough to make me into a pancake! LOL
I thought "How ready am I to have one of those fall on me?"
Technically I was kind of ready....but practically, I found my steps quickening and I was counting the trees until I got out of there. I was cringing a bit inside because I imagined it would HURT.
I had to laugh at myself!
Old 01-02-2016, 02:26 AM
Deactivated Account
What I am fascinated by is the Near-Death Experience accounts in which the individuals reported their consciousness leaving their physical bodies (OBE) just prior to their external environment causing serious bodily harm (like in the event of a major auto collision)... Or the reports of people who have drowned - I've read many accounts where individuals said it wasn't a painful experience, and a sense of peace/calm came over them while it was happening.

Part of me feels that, at least in some instances, the soul/spirit may be aware of what will unfold and separates itself accordingly.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Knower
I believe there is no death only transformation. Therefore I'm not frightened at all. My wish is that I'm given the time to have my house in order before departure.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Ascender

Yes, not knowing has helped me rationalize not ending my own life.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Guide
No not afraid of dying.
I've had enough practice dying(NDEs, OBE, etc.), I imagine I will go straight back to source as I've been there before. I imagine no matter the means of passing, will be peaceful, I've found over the course of life that pain is an illusion, as is the physical, so it's more of a matter of letting go and easing into the transition of shedding physical form.