Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 23-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I joined a spiritual community at age 28 thinking it was the answer, that spiritual people surely must be kinder and more thoughtful. Not at all. People are indeed like that everywhere, even more so when they think they're spiritually correct and justified. Your being polite and quiet is not a KICK ME stance, it is being conscious and considerate. But when others are only ever intending to dominate and control, being quiet is looked at as their opportunity to take advantage. That's what you will learn in time, to recognize the particular situation and peoples' true intent, and then simply remove yourself when you see there's no point in sticking around and trying.

I understand. I enjoy being compassionate and it's not natural to me to act from ego even if it is to protect myself.
I've been there like you. It's their spiritual ego and they play games with students like me to test their so called powers.
Yes, it's not worth trying to help someone who is not ready for it and don't want to change.
Old 23-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
Thank you very much jimrich! I'm very glad for you! That is an eye opener. I'll do my research.
I just want to add that as soon as I began to have a healthier and respectful opinion and attitude about myself, the hostility and attacks from others STOPPED. My new attitude of self respect and dignity stopped them in their tracks and the few who still thought that I was a pathetic little doormat were given a very strong and no-nonsense response from me. I did not become a bully like them but I did not take any of their "guff" any longer. I found that self love and respect helped me love and respect others -INCLUDING- some of those who used to treat me like dirt. My new Meta Message said, "I love you." and it looks like many folks believed that so they usually (not always) loved me back. What my Shame-based parents did to me took a lot of work and a while to change but, along with help from others, I DID IT! Life is so much nicer now that I am no longer walking around with that "KICK ME" sign pasted on my back! LOL, I gave it back to my parents!
good luck.........
Old 23-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
it's not natural to me to act from ego even if it is to protect myself.
Okay, that could be a possible starting point. You seem to think that protecting yourself is ego. It's not. Protecting yourself is proper and natural and necessary at times, for your physical and psychic well-being.

Religion and spirituality does weird stuff to peoples' minds. One very unhealthy and very self-destructive spiritual-religious belief is that the ego is the enemy. Jettison that belief, if that's what you believe. Ego is inappropriate, egotistical behavior. And yes, that's something to avoid. Whereas protecting yourself is higher self understanding, and entirely appropriate.