Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 29-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Newbie ;)

The Curse Of Thought Broadcasting - Telepathy's Dark Side

I'm new to the concept of telepathy, and ever since I've become more "awake", spiritually grounded and confident in manifesting my life, I've been surrounded by people who seem to read minds. They seem to be everywhere. Some of them are even saying my thoughts out loud. It can get very agitating and I would start to ramble unhinged and uncontrollably. I would say angry things like "why the [expletive] do you think it's okay to read minds, you people are just creeps" and just like that, it would bring unfair negative attention to myself. This obstacle has brought a major setback to my newly developed sense of direction and if I'm ever to continue my growth, I need to conquer this soon. This has never happened in my life up until about the end of last month and maybe a couple incidents last year, which I thought was just a psychic. I don't understand how people can so easily read my thoughts but I can't read theirs at all (not that I would seek to cross such boundaries). There's obviously a secret of some sorts to concealing one's thoughts, and I need someone to put it into very clear terms. I even feel that people hundreds of miles away can pick up when I say something in my head with them in the back of my mind; which has happened quite often. People I'm on the phone with would respond to "messages" I would send them as a test. Something like "If you hear this, say [word]". They would say the word, but we wouldn't converse about it. I remember skyping with a friend who seemed to whisper what I was thinking as I was thinking it. My exact words were "If you can hear me, touch your ear" and she did touch her ear. After incidents like this, I've become hesitant to look at pictures of people I feel have this ability or listen to music by certain spiritual artists (many of whom speak of ESP) because I'm anxious that they would hear my ramblings and respond. This has to stop. Is it that I have to sacrifice a certain degree of mental awareness and clarity if I am to completely "turn it off"? In other words, do I have to "think quieter" to go unnoticed? Any knowledge is appreciated. Please be sure to put it into clear and tangible terms. I would greatly appreciate advice especially from someone who has experienced this curse themselves and found a way to suppress and/or get rid of it.
Old 29-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Master
I can only comment on my own experiences. I am a projector, people see what I am doing or what I am working on. I rely on information that they provide for me because that is one way that I get my guidance. The person is not aware that they are receiving messages from me, but they might speak about a topic that is on my mind or about something I have been doing but they help fill in details that I don't know, so I consider that to be helpful and valuable. They can't 'read my mind' in a conscious way. At the same time, I can't read their mind but if there is something I need to know about them then I will be informed, but only if there is a reason for it and it is not intrusive. I cannot be told personal things about their thoughts because for one thing I don't care, and it is none of my business.

For me 'projecting' is part of my work and validation that it is working is helpful to me. I have a reason for doing this. If there was no purpose then I might feel differently about it.
Old 29-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry84
I'm new to the concept of telepathy, and ever since I've become more "awake", spiritually grounded and confident in manifesting my life, I've been surrounded by people who seem to read minds. They seem to be everywhere. Some of them are even saying my thoughts out loud. It can get very agitating and I would start to ramble unhinged and uncontrollably. I would say angry things like "why the [expletive] do you think it's okay to read minds, you people are just creeps" and just like that, it would bring unfair negative attention to myself. This obstacle has brought a major setback to my newly developed sense of direction and if I'm ever to continue my growth, I need to conquer this soon. This has never happened in my life up until about the end of last month and maybe a couple incidents last year, which I thought was just a psychic. I don't understand how people can so easily read my thoughts but I can't read theirs at all (not that I would seek to cross such boundaries). There's obviously a secret of some sorts to concealing one's thoughts, and I need someone to put it into very clear terms. I even feel that people hundreds of miles away can pick up when I say something in my head with them in the back of my mind; which has happened quite often. People I'm on the phone with would respond to "messages" I would send them as a test. Something like "If you hear this, say [word]". They would say the word, but we wouldn't converse about it. I remember skyping with a friend who seemed to whisper what I was thinking as I was thinking it. My exact words were "If you can hear me, touch your ear" and she did touch her ear. After incidents like this, I've become hesitant to look at pictures of people I feel have this ability or listen to music by certain spiritual artists (many of whom speak of ESP) because I'm anxious that they would hear my ramblings and respond. This has to stop. Is it that I have to sacrifice a certain degree of mental awareness and clarity if I am to completely "turn it off"? In other words, do I have to "think quieter" to go unnoticed? Any knowledge is appreciated. Please be sure to put it into clear and tangible terms. I would greatly appreciate advice especially from someone who has experienced this curse themselves and found a way to suppress and/or get rid of it.

Alright, maybe this will help--

We as a species in general have not built proper thought structures to support telepathy or at least the direct experience of telepathy, not that no humans do; but in general our perceived outlook does not support such a formation--

Well what do I mean by this and what does it have to do with what you are speaking about?

Let us say you grew up with siblings, and you were raised in a strict religious outlook with a high focus on certain values/morals-- That is, you and your siblings thought structures were for the most part developed the same, and in this you didn't question yourself or deviate from the given outlook and neither did your siblings--

Now, if you saw a murder, if you saw someone giving charity, if you saw homosexuality, if you saw whatever event that had designated places in your value system; then you and your siblings upon seeing it would have essentially the same reaction, the same thoughts, though each of these with the flavor and form of the personality it is expressed through--

Now lets approach this from another angle; say you have a friend whom you get along with well, and for the most part have compatible views and lives.. Then suddenly, something happens to them that has never occurred to you-- What might you do? You might empathize with them by imagining yourself in the situation, and suddenly if things are aligned well, you will find yourself understanding their response to such a situation in depth and be able to relate to them your own opinions on such a topic that they might not have thought of--

What is going on here? When people share similar perspectives, their thought stream becomes shaped by such a perspective, and so too their actions-- So, if similar perspectives garner similar reactions, it is like they are tapping into the same well or river of thought; and thus act in a certain unison together--

Well, this can also occur just be being in the same location; by having perspectives near each other, they can tap into the same river (though still shaped by their own thought structures that form their perception), that is all that is required to experience a synchronicity, or a shared thought stream.. is a linking perspective which can happen in more forms than the examples I give--

So, if we wanted conscious telepathy, we would have to build thought structures to do so.. and by doing so do we set up a linking perspective where we are consciously aware of shared thoughts in a more direct manner-- Otherwise, we are experience it in forms of synchronicity, and though you think they are reading your mind consciously, they are merely acting on their own thoughts that align with yours from their perspective--

Think about an argument or debate two politicians might have to bring solution to a collective problem-- You see, they are tapping into the same stream; they are each trying to reach the same conclusion (to solve the issue), however their perspective alters the form of such a solution, and thus it becomes a conflict as to which perspective will be a better a solution.. From there needless to say the interaction in thoughts can get complicated as it starts reflecting itself in intricate ways--

This is happening all the time, however; when you increase your awareness; you begin to free up the thought structures and align with a greater amount of people, however this is generally always flavored by your governing personality; so you might not realize that you are picking up a collective river (but you always are), but there are also many currents in a single river; many paths in a single path--

Hopefully this helps you understand a bit more of this situation. There is much more to this that can occur, as there are indeed things I have left out that would complicate the situation further, but from a certain perspective; this is all you need to know for the moment; in my opinion--
Old 30-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
Alright, maybe this will help--

We as a species in general have not built proper thought structures to support telepathy or at least the direct experience of telepathy, not that no humans do; but in general our perceived outlook does not support such a formation--

Well what do I mean by this and what does it have to do with what you are speaking about?

Let us say you grew up with siblings, and you were raised in a strict religious outlook with a high focus on certain values/morals-- That is, you and your siblings thought structures were for the most part developed the same, and in this you didn't question yourself or deviate from the given outlook and neither did your siblings--

Now, if you saw a murder, if you saw someone giving charity, if you saw homosexuality, if you saw whatever event that had designated places in your value system; then you and your siblings upon seeing it would have essentially the same reaction, the same thoughts, though each of these with the flavor and form of the personality it is expressed through--

Now lets approach this from another angle; say you have a friend whom you get along with well, and for the most part have compatible views and lives.. Then suddenly, something happens to them that has never occurred to you-- What might you do? You might empathize with them by imagining yourself in the situation, and suddenly if things are aligned well, you will find yourself understanding their response to such a situation in depth and be able to relate to them your own opinions on such a topic that they might not have thought of--

What is going on here? When people share similar perspectives, their thought stream becomes shaped by such a perspective, and so too their actions-- So, if similar perspectives garner similar reactions, it is like they are tapping into the same well or river of thought; and thus act in a certain unison together--

Well, this can also occur just be being in the same location; by having perspectives near each other, they can tap into the same river (though still shaped by their own thought structures that form their perception), that is all that is required to experience a synchronicity, or a shared thought stream.. is a linking perspective which can happen in more forms than the examples I give--

So, if we wanted conscious telepathy, we would have to build thought structures to do so.. and by doing so do we set up a linking perspective where we are consciously aware of shared thoughts in a more direct manner-- Otherwise, we are experience it in forms of synchronicity, and though you think they are reading your mind consciously, they are merely acting on their own thoughts that align with yours from their perspective--

Think about an argument or debate two politicians might have to bring solution to a collective problem-- You see, they are tapping into the same stream; they are each trying to reach the same conclusion (to solve the issue), however their perspective alters the form of such a solution, and thus it becomes a conflict as to which perspective will be a better a solution.. From there needless to say the interaction in thoughts can get complicated as it starts reflecting itself in intricate ways--

This is happening all the time, however; when you increase your awareness; you begin to free up the thought structures and align with a greater amount of people, however this is generally always flavored by your governing personality; so you might not realize that you are picking up a collective river (but you always are), but there are also many currents in a single river; many paths in a single path--

Hopefully this helps you understand a bit more of this situation. There is much more to this that can occur, as there are indeed things I have left out that would complicate the situation further, but from a certain perspective; this is all you need to know for the moment; in my opinion--

Very true. Thanks for the thought out response. I'm sure this comes with "going with the flow" and following the vibe. You eventually tap into the synchrony of your surroundings and learn to read it, it being part of yourself. I've seen this happen often, and older people are usually very good at knowing what people would be thinking/would say next. You don't have to do much around them for them to get a read on you. It comes with wisdom and perception. My grandparents, God bless them, are very intuitive after 80+ years of life experience.

That being said, I must put my situation into clearer terms. I've had about a couple dozen of these incidents in the last month-and-a-half. I'll give a few exact examples.

Recently was my cousin's high school graduation. As I attended, I started to get bored and read an article on my phone. There was a local band set to perform in my town, and they gained recognition on a website I frequent. As I read the name (strictly) in my head, a student said the band's exact name at that moment, followed by "did you hear that"?
At another time, I was walking past a flea market in a parking lot. At this point, my anxiety that some amongst them could read my thoughts kicked in and I coped by reciting a song in my head as to not think angry thoughts toward them if they do read it. Sure enough, one of them predicted the (highly random) words at the end of the line I was thinking as he quietly said them, and said "caught it".
I was having an off-day (which is now every day) because of this anxiety, but there was an attractive lady I wanted to talk to. So I started to build up the nerve. I thought in my head "she's cute, but if she reads minds I can't approach her." She then whispered "I do read minds". Talk about NOPE. Lol.
The last example is the weirdest, because it involves a family member I've known for years. It makes me wonder how long people have been "hearing" me without acknowledging so, and I doubt they would openly discuss it. Last week, I had plans to meet a friend (whom this family member doesn't know about) at 5:30. I forgot about the plans when I met with this family member, and I saw that it was almost 5:10. So I thought in my head "Damn, I forgot I had to meet [friend]". At this moment, he whispered "He said he forgot to meet [friend]. Read it." There's no way he could have learned of my plans. Anyway, I told him I had to go and I became so anxious that I cancelled the plans. This is seriously crippling my life.
Understand that literal telepathy is a real phenomenon and it's more common than one would think. Much like astral projection, except more common from my understanding. I haven't become aware of it since very recently, but it's confirmed time and time again when I surround myself with a lot of people. I have many more examples. I must soon learn the ability to "block out" those who intrusively use their abilities but I don't know where to begin.
Old 30-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
I can only comment on my own experiences. I am a projector, people see what I am doing or what I am working on. I rely on information that they provide for me because that is one way that I get my guidance. The person is not aware that they are receiving messages from me, but they might speak about a topic that is on my mind or about something I have been doing but they help fill in details that I don't know, so I consider that to be helpful and valuable. They can't 'read my mind' in a conscious way. At the same time, I can't read their mind but if there is something I need to know about them then I will be informed, but only if there is a reason for it and it is not intrusive. I cannot be told personal things about their thoughts because for one thing I don't care, and it is none of my business.

For me 'projecting' is part of my work and validation that it is working is helpful to me. I have a reason for doing this. If there was no purpose then I might feel differently about it.

I have also experienced this phenomenon. Thanks for sharing.
Old 30-05-2016, 01:52 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Very true. Thanks for the thought out response. I'm sure this comes with "going with the flow" and following the vibe. You eventually tap into the synchrony of your surroundings and learn to read it, it being part of yourself. I've seen this happen often, and older people are usually very good at knowing what people would be thinking/would say next. You don't have to do much around them for them to get a read on you. It comes with wisdom and perception. My grandparents, God bless them, are very intuitive after 80+ years of life experience.

That being said, I must put my situation into clearer terms. I've had about a couple dozen of these incidents in the last month-and-a-half. I'll give a few exact examples.

Recently was my cousin's high school graduation. As I attended, I started to get bored and read an article on my phone. There was a local band set to perform in my town, and they gained recognition on a website I frequent. As I read the name (strictly) in my head, a student said the band's exact name at that moment, followed by "did you hear that"?
At another time, I was walking past a flea market in a parking lot. At this point, my anxiety that some amongst them could read my thoughts kicked in and I coped by reciting a song in my head as to not think angry thoughts toward them if they do read it. Sure enough, one of them predicted the (highly random) words at the end of the line I was thinking as he quietly said them, and said "caught it".
I was having an off-day (which is now every day) because of this anxiety, but there was an attractive lady I wanted to talk to. So I started to build up the nerve. I thought in my head "she's cute, but if she reads minds I can't approach her." She then whispered "I do read minds". Talk about NOPE. Lol.
The last example is the weirdest, because it involves a family member I've known for years. It makes me wonder how long people have been "hearing" me without acknowledging so, and I doubt they would openly discuss it. Last week, I had plans to meet a friend (whom this family member doesn't know about) at 5:30. I forgot about the plans when I met with this family member, and I saw that it was almost 5:10. So I thought in my head "Damn, I forgot I had to meet [friend]". At this moment, he whispered "He said he forgot to meet [friend]. Read it." There's no way he could have learned of my plans. Anyway, I told him I had to go and I became so anxious that I cancelled the plans. This is seriously crippling my life.
Understand that literal telepathy is a real phenomenon and it's more common than one would think. Much like astral projection, except more common from my understanding. I haven't become aware of it since very recently, but it's confirmed time and time again when I surround myself with a lot of people. I have many more examples. I must soon learn the ability to "block out" those who intrusively use their abilities but I don't know where to begin.

Okay, that is quite specific; there is something more I must add then to what I have said; I didn't think it was necessary, but it did cross my mind that I should say it-- (was I reading your mind?) haha well I promise I wasn't trying--

So.. This next part is a bit obscure to how it pertains to you, because your situation will be quite unique to yourself.. Now, while I haven't experienced this in the form you are suggesting, I have indeed experienced other beings communicating to me through other people as other people without the other people realizing it-- That is, it provides the same effect, only its not presenting itself in the form of mind reading--

I have had people say things to me, that they should not know; I won't give examples because the amount is so numerous and requires an extensive back story as to what kinds of things were actually said to me; but lets just say it is the exact same effects you are describing.. but the form it presented itself is much different and exposing--

The thing that I have left out, is that these rivers or channels, are like everything else.. alive-- And they are intelligent-- That is, you have something like a spirit around you that is possessing those around you to give you a certain experience-- It can set things up in just the right way so that you believe people are reading your minds.. when really it is just an intelligent stream of thought acting through such synchronicity-- The way it is being done, seems to be doing it on purpose--

It is my suggestion you approach this in an entirely different way than you have, however; this could change the shape of what is going on entirely-- I suggest you make contact with this entity.. What entity, where is it? It is in your thoughts.. it is a part of you and everyone else in some fashion--

I would start talking to yourself in your mind and see what comes up-- This will cause a shift in perspective on how you see your own thoughts, if you meditate; this shouldn't be such a huge shift.. however the consequences of realizing what is going on in such a fashion are huge-- But I would try this over any other tactic, because if I am right.. no other tactic is actually going to work--
Old 30-05-2016, 02:27 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:

I've had a few of these experiences as well.... It is very disturbing..... You just become paranoid, and you feel you don't have any privacy. My first experience was very much like yours, where they would mumble or say or respond to exactly what I was thinking.

All I know is that not everyone is capable of hearing your thoughts, it's these intuitive types that do it.

Having negative thoughts and feelings towards these people only makes things worse it seems. And a lot of these people don't seem to be able to turn off their listening of your thoughts either. It's just a bad hand we've been dealt.... let me know if you ever find a solution, though it doesn't seem like people have mastered this enough to give you any meaningful advise on how to turn it off. But you are definitely not alone, there are others who have experienced the same phenomena, and they are pretty confused about it just like you.
Old 30-05-2016, 02:39 AM
Master
Unfortunately I can't speak to the OP, but this thread makes me wonder if people are gaining and using these powers somehow inappropriately. It does seem wrong that people just wander in to your mind without your leave. FWIW I think the psychic overhearers are the ones that need to do the extra moral and spiritual work to learn boundaries.
Old 30-05-2016, 02:56 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Unfortunately I can't speak to the OP, but this thread makes me wonder if people are gaining and using these powers somehow inappropriately. It does seem wrong that people just wander in to your mind without your leave. FWIW I think the psychic overhearers are the ones that need to do the extra moral and spiritual work to learn boundaries.

You are correct, I read a website from a self confessed mind reader, and she said that it is invasive, that these people are not respecting other people's boundaries. I do not go around trying to butt into other people's business, and I would appreciate if people would not butt into my business unless I invite them. But I guess I think my thoughts and opinions with a strong conviction and clarity, which probably sends out strong signals that are easy to read.

I have also read that a child once said aloud, "mommy why is that man thinking so loud?", so the child did not exactly have conscious control over hearing a thought broadcaster's thoughts. So I wouldn't necessarily say that these mind readers have all that much more conscious control over their ability than the broadcasters.

It wouldn't be right to blame either broadcaster or receivers I guess. But some of the receivers do judge and act upon some of the things they hear in other's thoughts, and I don't think that's right, because sometimes I think things that I may not necessarily mean or would act upon, I may just be venting or entertaining a thought. That's the thing, I may not act upon my thoughts, but these receivers will react to my thoughts as if I have already acted on my thoughts, but my thoughts might just be "tests" or whatever, I like to think I have the freedom to think whatever the heck I want to think without being punished for it. Sometimes these readers try to be the "thought police" and they could very well be mistaken on the real intentions of the individual they have judged.
Old 30-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
Okay, that is quite specific; there is something more I must add then to what I have said; I didn't think it was necessary, but it did cross my mind that I should say it-- (was I reading your mind?) haha well I promise I wasn't trying--

So.. This next part is a bit obscure to how it pertains to you, because your situation will be quite unique to yourself.. Now, while I haven't experienced this in the form you are suggesting, I have indeed experienced other beings communicating to me through other people as other people without the other people realizing it-- That is, it provides the same effect, only its not presenting itself in the form of mind reading--

I have had people say things to me, that they should not know; I won't give examples because the amount is so numerous and requires an extensive back story as to what kinds of things were actually said to me; but lets just say it is the exact same effects you are describing.. but the form it presented itself is much different and exposing--

The thing that I have left out, is that these rivers or channels, are like everything else.. alive-- And they are intelligent-- That is, you have something like a spirit around you that is possessing those around you to give you a certain experience-- It can set things up in just the right way so that you believe people are reading your minds.. when really it is just an intelligent stream of thought acting through such synchronicity-- The way it is being done, seems to be doing it on purpose--

It is my suggestion you approach this in an entirely different way than you have, however; this could change the shape of what is going on entirely-- I suggest you make contact with this entity.. What entity, where is it? It is in your thoughts.. it is a part of you and everyone else in some fashion--

I would start talking to yourself in your mind and see what comes up-- This will cause a shift in perspective on how you see your own thoughts, if you meditate; this shouldn't be such a huge shift.. however the consequences of realizing what is going on in such a fashion are huge-- But I would try this over any other tactic, because if I am right.. no other tactic is actually going to work--

From what I've seen, I would say it's safe to call it mind reading. Even if it often relays through other spirits. It makes sense to me that some sort of entities have a certain doing in this that we are unaware of, knowing that we are often surrounded by them. That's probably why psychics can read deep into others' lives that go beyond just thoughts. In the same way that people "hear" other peoples' thoughts, I feel that people may communicate with spirits. My cousin knows someone who claims to communicate with her aunt who recently passed. She told us a while back that our grandmother came to her and said that we should always stay on the right path. At first I never gave it any thought, except that she's a medium or just crazy, or both, but after my recent experiences I had to discuss it with her. She confirmed that spirits will talk to you and you will hear their voices. And you can reply by sending them thoughts. After this, I did take note that the voices that would manifest to me when I'm by myself take on certain human forms - male, female, young, old etc.. I still don't know who they could be, but they seem to be giving me advice. I doubt they would be the ones telling people what I'm up to. That being said, I'll make sure to get rid of any delusional thinking about this if it ever comes to mind. But I won't be willfully unaware.

I like your idea that the vibe has a mind of its own, but I don't really understand it. Who are the spirits that surround us? Are they guardian angels? Benevolent or malevolent beings? Are they our "higher selves"? And if so, what are the dynamics of the "higher self"? The conscious river of synchronized thought, what are the dynamics of that? Are they somehow our surrounding spirits contacting each other and telling each other about the other person, which only people who've "tuned in" can pick up on?

I also don't really grasp the concept of meditation. I've heard things like you start to "become more grounded", "live in the moment" and "quiet your mind". I don't even know what this is supposed to mean or what the experience is like. As I become more aware, I'm starting to see my more clear and intuitive thoughts as more of a feeling. A vibe that can manifest energies. I'm not sure if that's the take on the shift of perspective you mean. I would appreciate if you could elaborate on that.