Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Virtuality

AP Question

I absolutely love astral projection when I'm able to do it... usually though my travels are decided for me by my guides and it isn't something I am in control of.

I am getting closer at doing this consciously though, have done it a few times on my own and am getting better at it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for the following problem.

I'm [finally] past the problem of falling asleep when i try to project, now its just an issue of getting the head/chest out. I get to the place where you feel and hear the loud woosh in your head... past the shock of that happening too. Its just getting out that i'm having issues with now. I've tried thinking of where i want to go, tried ripping myself out by grabbing onto the ceiling... but still quite glued in. Any ideas?

Its funny, the last time I did this when I was in that state... I felt and heard my dog circle my body a few times and then lay down at my head. I remember thinking... please don't step on my face. Then I heard her across the room on the couch, so either she was doing an ap to join me... or maybe it was my old dog who died 15 years ago... or somebody else coming to visit, lol!
Old 15-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Virtuality

And is there any reason why my living room would be different in the astral than in the regular world. In real life it was sunny, with no coverings on the windows, but in the astral there were blinds on the windows and the room was dark? i'm a bit confused by that. not so much that there would be blinds, but the level of darkness in the room that bothered me a bit.
Old 15-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Master

Keep repeating I am getting out now, until it happens. Or I am at the door now, where ever you want to go. It is worthwhile to say it during the day as well. Keep doing that and it will happen.
I do not fall asleep either, except if it is getting late at night.
Old 15-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Master
now its just an issue of getting the head/chest out.... Its just getting out that i'm having issues with now. I've tried thinking of where i want to go, tried ripping myself out by grabbing onto the ceiling... but still quite glued in. Any ideas?

Virtuality... Ripping is not such a good idea because it's too rough for the astral body, and quite unnecessary. Astral projection doesn't work by force but by
relaxing. Simply allowing your head and chest to feel lighter and lighter and gently rise up will probably work better.

Also going deeply into breathing, softening and letting go in your chest and head... or seeing and feeling the area filled with warm air like a balloon which then rises.

The head is often the last to come out because we are identified with our faces and our thinking.
An affirmation like "I am not my body, I am spirit" may help.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 15-10-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 15-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Virtuality

Thanks so much Astralsuzy and Xan! I'll try these tonight when I practice!!! :)
Old 16-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Rumar

I first relied on sensations like everyone else, most people however start to worry that they're not able to leave BECAUSE they're not feeling the sensations. When your body gets used to APing on a regular basis, it no longer gives vibes or pressure or whatever sensation you have been feeling.

So by my sensation it was in my face like my senses were being pushed out my face, I never left via chest, after a while left I would just get up where ever I was and leave. Now I don't worry about the process, sometimes I teleport out, fly out, walk out, run, etc.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Virtuality

Thanks Rumar! Its good to know it gets easier with time!!!