Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 25-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Experiencer
Zoom

Think of the word ‘happened’.

Consider what it means, what it refers to, where it points. It indicates something that has occurred, that is over - something in the past.

Now do the same for the word ‘happen-ing’.

Notice that this has a wholly different sense, tone and texture to it. It points to something present, current, ongoing, fresh.

We can zoom in and focus on (let’s say) our breath - breathing is happening. Or the sound of rain on the window - raining is happening.

Or we can zoom right out and get the sense of the great global happening of existence.

Feel it - right now - this ineffable compulsion of creation - like a movie unfolding with no separate parts.
Old 26-11-2017, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Think of the word ‘happened’.

Consider what it means, what it refers to, where it points. It indicates something that has occurred, that is over - something in the past.

Now do the same for the word ‘happen-ing’.

Notice that this has a wholly different sense, tone and texture to it. It points to something present, current, ongoing, fresh.

We can zoom in and focus on (let’s say) our breath - breathing is happening. Or the sound of rain on the window - raining is happening.

Or we can zoom right out and get the sense of the great global happening of existence.

Feel it - right now - this ineffable compulsion of creation - like a movie unfolding with no separate parts.
This is like mindfulness, but we also need to continually zoom into many things, once what is 'happening' falls into the category of 'happened'. We may zoom in to the sound of rain on the window, until the storm passes...we may zoom in on the breath until we take another, zoom in on a candle flame until a breeze extinguishes it...for what is happening has already happened unless we exist in the eternal awareness of the present moment.

I just thought I'd respond seeing as how your thread was getting no replies and for no other reason...and now that my typing on your thread is happening, I shall turn it into 'happened' by pressing the 'Submit Reply' button.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:36 AM
Master

Zoom just one look and then my heart went boom
Suddenly we were on the moon
Flying high in a neon sky

Zoom you chase the days away
Oho Zoom the whole wide world
came out to play ! :)

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Zoom ! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMo6Ju8SJ8o

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 26-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Master
^
^
^
Sweet as
Old 26-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is like mindfulness, but we also need to continually zoom into many things, once what is 'happening' falls into the category of 'happened'. We may zoom in to the sound of rain on the window, until the storm passes...we may zoom in on the breath until we take another, zoom in on a candle flame until a breeze extinguishes it...for what is happening has already happened unless we exist in the eternal awareness of the present moment.

I just thought I'd respond seeing as how your thread was getting no replies and for no other reason...and now that my typing on your thread is happening, I shall turn it into 'happened' by pressing the 'Submit Reply' button.

Yes, it’s essentially a mindfulness pointer. I use something like this in the mornings at the start of meditation if the brain is a bit foggy. It’s a kind of refresher - it brings the mind out of narrative and into the vibrant, living actuality of the moment.

It’s not really designed for mass debate so I don’t mind the low turnout. :)
Old 28-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc

Perhaps that song was supposed to be ironic or sarcastic, because it probably is all about “smack”.
Never taken heroin, so I don’t really know what it is like to get high on it.
But that song took me back to what “happened”. So thanks Joe Mc.

A famous band at a tour launch party, drug addicted and a bit miserable because the party was dry.
Still, all that hype of living in the limelight.

The soul of the band (and perhaps most addicted) turned inwards and “Zoom”.
Time slowed down – and Zoom
All that hype of limelight vanished into the shadows – Zoom

He was like a person deep in a meditation cave who just awakened.
Just one look and – Zoom
All at once there was no turnin' back ....

My point is not to underestimate “who” can shift into the light of “Eternal Love” and it can happen so suddenly at the most unlikely places.

Last edited by sentient : 28-11-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Old 28-11-2017, 02:51 AM
Master
And then I could argue, after the fact, we all go back to the place we were before awareness entered.

It was a very silent place.

Nothing moved.

no Love..

Nothing was.

But then what awakened me.

For now, I am.

And heck, I'm not alone.
Old 28-11-2017, 02:52 AM
Master
Or am... I?
Old 28-11-2017, 04:10 AM
Master
I was thinking a bit about your question Nowayout from another thread:
Quote:
Is the witness pure love?
When one "witnesses Oneness” with someone, it is like since Eternity - you have never been apart, nor shall you ever be. Oneness is there at all times to recognize it.

The above story of mine was also one of those Spirit Designs, you mentioned, which I also kind of see as "The Guru”.
Synchronistic elements coming together are never my clever job - so better just expect the unexpected.

Besides, what prompts or inspires one to go further within and follow ones Dharma may not be what others see as the “right” inspiration.
But when the design comes together – awesome it is.
So who am I to judge.
Old 28-11-2017, 07:38 AM
Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Perhaps that song was supposed to be ironic or sarcastic, because it probably is all about “smack”.
Never taken heroin, so I don’t really know what it is like to get high on it.
But that song took me back to what “happened”. So thanks Joe Mc.

A famous band at a tour launch party, drug addicted and a bit miserable because the party was dry.
Still, all that hype of living in the limelight.

The soul of the band (and perhaps most addicted) turned inwards and “Zoom”.
Time slowed down – and Zoom
All that hype of limelight vanished into the shadows – Zoom

He was like a person deep in a meditation cave who just awakened.
Just one look and – Zoom
All at once there was no turnin' back ....

My point is not to underestimate “who” can shift into the light of “Eternal Love” and it can happen so suddenly at the most unlikely places.

Just reading Moondance's original post about focusing in on things and zooming which is good to read and very true. I was playing music the other night on my own, just the guitar and a burning fire and i started to sink into the moment and i was ad libbing. It made me realise that we don't often let go as much as we think, fully relax. I suppose something like a musical instrument can help realise this.

In the past I have often found music, even pop music to be very close in its expression of joy and energy to what people have formally called, spiritual awakenings, kenshos, satoris as they are known in zen buddhism. Even songs with romantic themes which the song Zoom probably is but i get your drift about the smack for sure. I never took smack nor got addicted to it so i thank my lucky stars in that department. But even romantic songs can capture some of the mind blowing feelings that accompany spiritual awakening.

Maybe that is what i was picking up on. That sometimes the spiritual debate stuff here seems to go by me and i feel left behind on most of it. Debate also can be very dry as ive heard it described by one buddhist teacher so sometimes art or song can give it a different dynamic. So fair play to Fat Larry and the band, the progression in the song is very interesting too, I was trying it on guitar, a drop from a major chord 4th into a major 3th, in this case ..C to Bflat ..nice. Hey Sentient some food for thought.

ps. I was at this really busy Irish music session in the Baribican once on the South Bank, london and it lasted 3 days . At one point there were these pipers in the bar playing, some of them from France and I was tanked up on the Guinness and then Zoommmmmm. I had this moment of bliss and transcendence trickered by flashing cameras, also youve reminded me of another time, I took a photo of a famous singer, Nancy Griffith, the light of the photo is very angelic ..ill try and post it. Anyway thanks for the chance to express a few ideas. All the best Just to say im not an advocate of the path of drink and drugs to achieve some kind of flash of insight lol ..but whatever ! So try not to Zoom in on that lol, i got into a little bit of trouble around it actually, substance addiction, so im quite aware of it :) Just a last thought, I find the song very childlike and that word ive read many times in many spiritual books about spiritual masters, childlikeness. hey take it easy all the best. Joe.
ZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge