Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Master
JayP--

I agree-sounds like you have animal totems during your astral travel. Maybe you have shaman in your lives. (?)

Isle
Old 21-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Jayp

Last night before going to bed to sleep I listened to a couple of 'guided astral projection meditations' (I'm yet to access the links you post from my phone, Isle, but I have saved it).
And as a result, I'm assuming it was from this as nothing else was out of the ordinary for me and I usually sleep like a brick - I had the most restless, unsettled night of sleep ever. I just could not get into a deep or even normal state of sleep for any period of time. I got up and used the toilet, checked my phone and managed to have a little better sleep after about 5am.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience whilst trying to induce an AP experience using guided meditations or something similar, or is that just me?
Old 21-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Master
JayP--

Yes. I hate listening to anything (including music) when I sleep, because at some level it keeps my brain engaged. It did it when I listen to the binaural sounds, even with rain storm in front of them. And guided meditations--forget it.

And I can't ever sleep in daytime, so if I don't get it at night, I'm out of it till the next night.

Plus, I don't think it's necessary. If you go to sleep and get a couple of good 2-3 hour sleep cycles, then projection is more likely for me. And according to the video link too. He explains why in terms of serotonin that early in the nght, you don't have enough juice for your brain to function well (serotonin is converted into ?other substances). And, melatonin is high or going high. He has graphs of what happens.

Hope you can rest up.

Isle

Last edited by IsleWalker : 21-10-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 22-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Guide
hi there

Hey everyone. Astral projection has always been an interest for me and I am currently investigating into it more.

I always have a problem relaxing. I either can't or I doze right off. I seem to be able to "catch" projecting in the morning as opposed to night. Anyone experience similar?

One method I've used is Bob Monroe's technique where you listen to that high-pitched whirring in your head. I came across another technique described by Samael Aun Weor regarding hearing a chirping whirring noise and it said you could put a cricket in a jar and it would resonate with that noise Monroe was talking about and you could project.

It's not easy but it's do-able.

I too have found the simple desire to accomplish projection coupled with getting rid of unsubstantiated beliefs/doubts and ideas to be paramount in the success of the process.

I try to take the most objective, scientiffic approach I can and this keeps allot of obstacles out of the way. I am pleased to be able to hear others' experiences. Thanks for th opportunity to share.
Old 22-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Master

I have tried listening to music but I find it mostly annoying. I would rather do without it. I would suggest listening to a relaxation tape to help you to relax. Then if that works, relax without using the tape. It is better without it. I find tapes go on and on. It goes on for far too long and at the end of it you have had enough. Relaxation should not take long. I think about five minutes maximum.
If you doze off, like I did last night, you are relaxing for too long. Notice how your body is feeling. Look for the signs that your body is starting to go to sleep. Then keep your mind awake, by thinking of things.
I would forget what Samael Weor said to do. AP is not supposed to be hard.
Old 22-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Rumar

Why only focus on physical aid?
A few things you need to help you:
1) Losing stress (for the newbies you need to lose any distractions)
2) Self-Insurance (To assure in yourself) aka: Self-Confidence
3) Self Confidence and Belief in the Astral Plane
4) A Reason (You need a reason to AP, perhaps by focusing on what you want/need to do, you can get out easier as well)
5) Imagination (as rediculous as it sounds and helps others point and state how it's all just imaginary, you will need to be able to think outside the box to help understand what's out there)
6) Acceptance (to accept your own abilities and accepting in what you can and can't do, by this you can work on what you should be working on than worrying about what others can do in comparison)
7) Privacy (for some privacy is a must)