Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOverMatter
I see suicide as unnatural and not honouring life and I don't think its ever part of a soul's agreement. Suicide meaning taking one's own life because of sadness/depression/difficult life. Of course there are exceptions like when one is old, dying in a hospital and wants to get it over with quickly.
Have you ever experienced clinical depression or any mental illness ?.
Old 25-11-2012, 05:20 AM
Knower
No, I have not. At least I don't think I have.

Old 25-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Henri77

I expect there's no one answer to this, as every life situation is unique.
Old 25-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Ascender

I think we did decide in general when it would be our time to go (which would be after we accomplished certain things), and this would be considered our destiny, but since we also have free will, it can be changed.
Old 25-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Master

I don't think it's set in stone. I think there is an agreed time which can well be fluid depending on who is around, the particular lessons that we might be called to teach others and perhaps ourselves. I believe that the higher can bargain for "extra time" - but whether that comes with a cost or a blessing I don't know.
Old 25-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Master

When it's your 'time' it's your 'time'...

There is a time to be born and a time to die. So seize the moment and make the very best of it you can.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-11-2012, 06:16 AM
travelgirlfl

Of course I don't know, but I'll share two stories from the recent (is 8/23/11 still recent? If feels like it to me...) death of my beloved...

1) After his passing, his teenage kids told me Kelly (my boyfriend) seemed to always know he would die young (40) and was preparing them, saying things like "When I'm gone, you'll only have each other" (when nothing to prompt something like this was happening at present....) There are other examples, one even I witnessed & by a synchronicity in my life the prior week that helped me figure out why he'd done something he tried to explain away, but it was really a precautionary action in case...

2) About 2 months after his death (he was killed instantly by a drunk driver), I was going over & over in my head in my pain & grief, "Are there random accidents, or do things like this happen for a reason (by soul to soul contract or whatever)? Which one is it?" I was reading a book on NDE's & the author was supporting the 2nd belief, that seemingly tragic events (she even used the example of someone getting hit by a drunk driver) are for a higher purpose. I stopped reading right then & said to him, and my guides, "Okay, which is it? Is it for a reason? Is this my 'answer' about it?? ARE these things planned?? Can you PLEASE just send me some sort of definitive sign/message that I can't question to tell me, one way or another? Thank you." Then I went back to reading.

Not more than 1/2 page later, the library "Check Out Receipt" from the former reader fell out of the book; I hadn't noticed it in there before. The book was Betty Eadie's "Embraced by the Light". Directly under the title it says, "Due Date: 8/23/11" ... I gasped. The clear message seemed to me that Kelly's time to be "Embraced by the Light" was due on 8/23/11, the day he died...(and, the fact that is was a 'check out receipt', at the time, struck me as a funny way he would say, 'yep, I checked out all right!' in a light hearted manner, his style...

So did he CHOOSE that day? That specific day, even time, are these things predestined? Maybe. What I got out of these experiences is simply that the general time to go is, it seems, predetermined to some degree at least, and, with a purpose we don't necessarily understand....
Old 26-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOverMatter
No, I have not. At least I don't think I have.
I didn't think so....anyway, you cannot kill your self, you can kill the body, but not your true SELF, so it doesn't matter, its usually the one's who are afraid of death that get all upset over others suicidding.
Old 26-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Seeker

Do we choose when we go?

Wow, Travelgirl, it sure sounds like you received a sign from Kelly and I have heard other stories of individuals who seem to have predicted their own demise.

When my grandson passed in an accidental drowning, I asked a psychic acquaintance the same kind of question about dying and if there's a certain time for each of us to exit. I was told and I have never read anywhere to confirm this ... but that each of us have 3 different points in our lives when we have the option to go. So some of us here may've already decided subconsciously to bypass 2 possible exit points already.

I wonder if anyone else has ever heard anything like that.
Old 27-11-2012, 01:01 AM
travelgirlfl

Vashtia, that IS a very interesting theory indeed, I do hope some forum members chime in on that one...

I know Kel didn't have any idea THAT day that that was it, but, we had a VERY special night the night before that I now realize was a 'goodbye' for us, and something to comfort me and confirm our ongoing connection when he passed...too many details to share but one was that he was literally lit up in the light of the setting sun...it was peaceful, quiet, we were alone, just had an amazing bonding conversation, & I remember thinking "THIS is one of those moments that will stick with us forever, this is really amazing"...we both felt it the rest of the night...there was an aura of magic, of blessing around us...that night he wrote me this gorgeous email about how the 'light of our love would shine & inspire others'...and he died the next evening (that day, btw, was a very mundane one, nothing special the day he actually passed...) But I KNOW that last night together was a Divine gift and affirmation of our love that continues...at the time, though, we both just thought it was a sign that though our relationship & situation was very challenging (external factors mostly), that we, our relationship was totally in sync and worth working through it all...I think I've gotten off topic! Well, maybe it wasn't a prediction of his demise that we could understand, but in retrospect...SOMETHING knew what was coming & gave us/me in particular, that gift...I really believe that...