Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-05-2018, 03:35 PM
Master
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Exactly. If I wanted to draw demons to me I'd be playing taylor swift and sh#t like that.
Hahaha! Everyone deals with issues differently. Glad you know what works for you.
Old 22-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Master
I have noticed my tastes vary more widely depending upon my mood.

Like Slayer, I loved Metal and still do, to some extent...but with my awakening, I started looking at the more artistic side of music for aesthetic or inspirational benefit.

I started off with Hindu chants and I was really into that for about a year and then I got bored with it...went to listen to Metal again, but nope, that wasn't doing it either.

I ended up at the library and in the music video section, there were 3 DVDs that caught my eye...

First was the musical movie "Hair"...next was George Harrison's "Concert for Bangladesh" and lastly was the making of the "Graceland" album by Paul Simon.

All of these videos took me back to my teens, when I started getting into Spirituality in a big way...I had those three albums in my cassette tape collection...then, I recalled what I was listening to back then:

The Soundtrack from "Hair".
The Concert For Bangladesh - George Harrison
The Radha Krishna Temple Album - produced by George Harrison
Graceland - Paul Simon
Walls And Bridges - John Lennon
Seventh Sojourn - The Moody Blues
In Search Of The Lost Chord - The Moody Blues
Sargent Peppers - The Beatles
Rubber Soul - The Beatles
Animal Sounds - The Beach Boys

Could it be? Shivani is a big hippy? and that was a resounding 'yup' and then to actually SEE Ravi Shankar on Sitar and Allah Rakha on Tabla was the sealing deal...I had never seen this before and I had goosebumps on goosebumps.

Of course, at the same time I was reading Khalil Gibran, Ram Dass, Robert Pirsig, Carlos Casteneda, Richard Bach and Tuesday Lobsang Rampa.

My fate was sealed.

So now, I am going back to the 'flower child' that I am/was and loving every minute of it.
Old 22-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
So now, I am going back to the 'flower child' that I am/was and loving every minute of it.

Come on....Lets go backhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oq_IskRIg
Old 22-05-2018, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
You are twisting my arm.

In fact, my favourite song from Hair is this one:

Easy To Be Hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCs1rkAXZ9o

but, seeing as how I am up to the challenge...

The Balance - The Moody Blues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9A9a5A090
Old 23-05-2018, 01:05 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Anyone else feel like music doesn't sound as good as it used to now that you have awakened?

Of course music causes an awakening... A major aspect involves how music connects you to the unseen. The voice, sound, feel....naturally when you feel the music you awaken because so much of an awakening involves feeling everything
Old 23-05-2018, 01:59 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Awakening is an on-going process, any one-off awakening isn't. I've noticed you seem to have an obsession with awakening, what are you trying to run away from?

The music itself isn't any different, what's changed is how you perceive it. If you convince yourself that you've awakened and you've left your previous Life behind, what was in that Life will become 'alien' to you in various ways - like music. I don't know what your definition of Awakening ism but when you really do it's an on-going process and you face things in your Life that you've hidden away in dark corners and chose to forget. Many of those things will have to be dealt with before you move on.

uh yes, I am facing things that I didn't have the guts to face in past. Things are coming up for healing? That's how people describe awakening. I am having a sort of ego death - hard to focus on anything else - everything that used to have a lot of importance no longer does. But I'm glad to be here. Initially I resisted it, but the ego I shed was stressful and it is amazing to find out there's more to life than the daily grind. I would agree with you about me having convinced myself that I have awakened and therefore experiencing music as strange except I would still think that I would be able to enjoy music since it was a big part of my life and something from which I derived a lot of pleasure and have no intent to (either consciously or subconsciously) leave behind. But if you're wondering, yes, the awakening is still going on but there are parts that are in the past and that's what I am referring to as having already happened. I don't remember what I posted in the past, but this is all new to me - everyday my conception of what this is is challenged, so I maybe wrong when I post things.
Old 23-05-2018, 04:09 AM
Ascender

Quote:
uh yes, I am facing things that I didn't have the guts to face in past. Things are coming up for healing? That's how people describe awakening. I am having a sort of ego death - hard to focus on anything else - everything that used to have a lot of importance no longer does. But I'm glad to be here. Initially I resisted it, but the ego I shed was stressful and it is amazing to find out there's more to life than the daily grind. I would agree with you about me having convinced myself that I have awakened and therefore experiencing music as strange except I would still think that I would be able to enjoy music since it was a big part of my life and something from which I derived a lot of pleasure and have no intent to (either consciously or subconsciously) leave behind. But if you're wondering, yes, the awakening is still going on but there are parts that are in the past and that's what I am referring to as having already happened. I don't remember what I posted in the past, but this is all new to me - everyday my conception of what this is is challenged, so I maybe wrong when I post things.

Reading this post makes me think you are doing just fine on your journey.Daily change and confusion means you are turning over rocks in your understanding of Everything.We have to search and usually we don't even know what we are looking for.....Its all normal and good for us but its not always going to be positive because under some of those rocks are feelings we have hidden because we didn't know how to face them when they first arose in us.
Old 23-05-2018, 05:28 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Reading this post makes me think you are doing just fine on your journey.Daily change and confusion means you are turning over rocks in your understanding of Everything.We have to search and usually we don't even know what we are looking for.....Its all normal and good for us but its not always going to be positive because under some of those rocks are feelings we have hidden because we didn't know how to face them when they first arose in us.

thanks. sounds like you know what I'm talking about. I wonder what the journey is/was like for you.
Old 23-05-2018, 05:46 AM
Ascender

Quote:
thanks. sounds like you know what I'm talking about. I wonder what the journey is/was like for you.

My Journey is ongoing.In the beginning there was curiosity,then came education,then came understanding of the importance of facing Emotions.
Then came Pain(Emotional),then there was release of the pain by feeling it.
Then came the first glimpse's of love,then little bits of Bliss.
Now there is beauty and magic and the kingdom of heaven is glowing within me everymoment.........I started to face my problems in 2012 so it didn't take long so my advice is to cut out what you don't like in life and don't put up with "stuff" anymore...this could be work,family,everyone has very different Boulders in their path.
You can walk around the Boulder or you can break through the Boulder,its up to you.
Old 23-05-2018, 05:56 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
My Journey is ongoing.In the beginning there was curiosity,then came education,then came understanding of the importance of facing Emotions.
Then came Pain(Emotional),then there was release of the pain by feeling it.
Then came the first glimpse's of love,then little bits of Bliss.
Now there is beauty and magic and the kingdom of heaven is glowing within me everymoment.........I started to face my problems in 2012 so it didn't take long so my advice is to cut out what you don't like in life and don't put up with "stuff" anymore...this could be work,family,everyone has very different Boulders in their path.
You can walk around the Boulder or you can break through the Boulder,its up to you.

wow. sounds interesting. can I ask what you do for work? also, wouldn't you say you have awakened since there's beauty in every moment? is there a higher level to attain than beauty at every moment?