Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Guide

You can actually see it....I think.

I have a theory about psychic abilities and such. It does seem to run in families sometimes. I have noticed in my family, a lot of us have Add, ADHD, or Aspergers. It's all kind of similiar in ways. It seems that people who are naturally high or hyperactive, may already be sensitive to these things. The problem comes when a person doesn't realize that they are seeing things that others aren't. A lot of times, I think people see what I see...so I don't know that they aren't...and that makes it easy to look over, especially if it's during the day or even online in a chat room. Also, when I was young, and I would tell my parents, because I was a toddler...they would laugh, and say it was my imagination. Over time, I got use to my "imagination" and stopped paying attention to it.

I am one of those people who have experiences my whole life, including with aliens...but nothing dramatic around, mainly dreams of family on other planets and seeing a deceased relative made of light, in alien form.

Ive also noticed in my family, several of my me,bers, including myself...have a different blood type, and are RH-, we also all have slanted eyes, and my husband would often call me his alien, and also make fun of my head shape...because I do have a longer skull shape, especially in the back of my head. Some of my family members eyes are very large...which gives us that appearance. We often get compliments on our eyes, even though we all have different color of eyes, the shape is the same. We are all also hypersensitive to sounds, pain, weather, etc. I can feel weather changes before it's even on the news. We are all also very quiet, and don't talk a lot. Also, most of the children in my family are academically gifted, and are on the high honors list, or graduating with scholarships...and there's about 12 of them. The others are gifted in the arts or science...which Inthinknis weird.

That's just my loose observation and opinion....nothing serious, just something I have noticed because I am interested, too why I have these experiences and have read so many things online that I can identify with.

Some people will tell you to raise your energetic levels, or frequency...it's like a natural high, without actually being high...for those who mediate...they can they can also have these experiences with practice. I do notice at times, that I have more experiences right when I'm waking up or falling asleep...called the twilight stage. Which, I guess...is similiar to a meditative state.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
I've never been good with having faith in things. For me, I have to see it to believe it. I can't force faith or belief. This struggle broke me and I was in a severe depression until somewhat recently when I believe I've seen my first sign via a series of numbers I keep seeing. That's what ultimately got me back into spirituality.

But....I don't understand.

Some people have had visions, seen entities, communicate with spirits, etc. all of their lives. I'm not saying they don't have challenges, they definitely do. But...why do these people get the ability to see these things while I don't? Why are the God(s) silent for me, but not others?

I just don't get it.

Sorry for getting angsty again here, just....I'm really frustrated right now.

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

---------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps you just aren't "seeing" what you think you want to see? Slow down, don't get upset about it, and notice everything.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile Choice Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Ha ha, prime cut, choice humor, nail on the head, out of the park,

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 11-08-2017, 01:58 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars
A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

---------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps you just aren't "seeing" what you think you want to see? Slow down, don't get upset about it, and notice everything.

Why be blunt with some and practically non-existent to others though? What's the value in that?
Old 15-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Knower

Like, what is the purpose of faith? Why is it even necessary, when I have lots of friends who have had spiritual experiences all their lives, while I've had seemingly none?
Old 17-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Like, what is the purpose of faith? Why is it even necessary, when I have lots of friends who have had spiritual experiences all their lives, while I've had seemingly none?

Faith is necessary because the world is a mystery. Just try to explain everything to yourself, you'll find out sooner or later that nothing can be entirely explained. At some point faith is necessary for everything.
Old 17-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Master
Hi Rayden,

I have always thought the same, it feels like as a child or pre-teen everything was a synchronicity for me. I would get a "feeling" to go somewhere & something would pop out at me once I arrived. It could be toys that were exclusives or I would gain friends or information that would benefit me for years to come.

Once I even had an experience where something so crazy happened that it would be very difficult to deny spirit or telekinetic help.

This spirituality seemed to abandon me as a teenager & there were times when even the simplest nod from the "otherside" could have lifted me out of a bad few years but I was on my own.

I have learned that some cultures & religions believe that there is a point where a soul is still pure & absolved of any guilt etc & then say at 11 you take responsibility yourself. This doesn't explain why there is child abuse or orphans or why some people suffer tragedies on the anniversary of another one so frequently... I think that just as you don't get to see the memo's of a company CEO there are things in heaven & earth that just aren't for you to understand & nature just doesn't care how you feel about it.

For me personal responsibility is what it boils down to - after all as much as people claim to have "proof" of god or spirituality it is all based on "faith" which is essentially hope, self convincing & positive thinking.

I find that Lenity allows for these things to still exist & be a possibility but at the same time asks us to pull ourselves up by the bootstraps. You don't follow someone else's doctrine or ideology but you stay open to it if you see proof of a benefit to yourself or others. The main thing is to be ready to absorb positive information or lessons but not limit yourself in the way that say a "Liberal" will close their ears to a "conservative" viewpoint or visa versa.

The truth is that unless you see things for yourself or honestly "feel" the spirituality that someone else describes it's entirely possible that it is they that are fault & not you. Their own tales like mine above could very well be misinterpretations just as the "rain dance" or sacrifices effecting the weather all those years ago are irrelevant now we have weather forecasting & knowledge of isobars & what not.

Lenity says that a "good christian" for example may still judge others who are less so in their eyes despite preaching virtues to the contrary. You can take the reigns & providing that you are being honest with yourself give to the world your very best. Again Lenity describes the carrot on a stick scenario whereby because you are chasing something spoken of as truth you never really find it or it isn't what you expected because it wasn't your experience it was theirs.

Stay open & observe but more importantly be a great student, teacher, paramedic or parent for example as we all benefit from those things consistently & for years to come. They deal in tangible realities but if something spiritual shows itself you are a witness but aren't chasing it to the point of frustration.

Elsewhere I spoke to an "enlightened" fellow who said that he teaches his daughter that violence is for the ignorant & is never the answer. When I raised the point of what would she do if she were about to be sexually assaulted he couldn't really answer. He desperately needed to stick to his ideology but at the same time it was his daughter so ...

Both points were completely valid but you also have to get real & bend when it's time otherwise your locking yourself into or out of answers.
Old 19-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:

My ex was a firm disbeliever in the paranormal... until he experienced it. So I honestly don't think faith is necessary. Everything happens in its own time.

Quote:
Exactly. I take inspiration from different pagan practices, but there's so little that I've actually experienced. Its like I have to choose between believing in what feels good and right or using my logical mind.

Whether it's astrology, tarot, pagan practices, etc. all these things are symbolic. You don't need to believe the literal items have some mystical powers, they're just tools to connect you to the energy you're seeking. So my advice is just have fun with it, don't take it all so seriously. Set your intentions and let go of the results..
Old 20-08-2017, 03:42 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus
My ex was a firm disbeliever in the paranormal... until he experienced it. So I honestly don't think faith is necessary. Everything happens in its own time.

Whether it's astrology, tarot, pagan practices, etc. all these things are symbolic. You don't need to believe the literal items have some mystical powers, they're just tools to connect you to the energy you're seeking. So my advice is just have fun with it, don't take it all so seriously. Set your intentions and let go of the results..

Its just weird because I feel so drawn to this path. Its like I'm just waiting for something to happen, and I don't know what to do in the meantime.
Old 20-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Its just weird because I feel so drawn to this path. Its like I'm just waiting for something to happen, and I don't know what to do in the meantime.

Your missing the obvious in that fact that it might not be true.

Faith: strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

You could just focus on being a good person, not in a point scoring religion style but everyday.

From not leaving clothes lying on the floor for someone else to pick up to biting your tongue when someone is rude. Or speaking out when someone is being unreasonable.

That is something that if done everyday actually helps create the positive & it's tangible.

Can millions of people be wrong .. yes they can just look at those who followed Stalin or the Mayans that believed in human sacrifice.

Maybe Eastern or Chinese philosophy as a sort of middle ground for you?

Daoism for example but this could just be that you are using your clear logic & have discovered that the supernatural is just that - it's not part of life?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain