Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Jesus said "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17)

Unless one believes he didn't know what he was talking about, I would suggest the idea that it logically follows that 'hell' is also a 'state' of experience, i.e. a 'realm', that is within peeps -- not somewhere outside of them -- as well.

He presented another parable to them: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It’s the smallest of all the seeds, but when grown, it’s taller than the vegetables and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the sky come and nest in its branches.” He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into 50 pounds of flour until it spread through all of it.”
Matthew 13:31‭-‬33 HCSB

The Kingdom of God is the rule of God, and works through us and affects all around us.

Jesus said "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

The Kingdom of God is a spiritual rule over the hearts and lives of those who willingly submit to God’s authority. Those who defy God’s authority and refuse to submit to Him are not part of the kingdom of God; in contrast, those who acknowledge the lordship of Christ and gladly surrender to God’s rule in their hearts are part of the kingdom of God. In this sense, the kingdom of God is spiritual—Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world (John 18:36), and He preached that repentance is necessary to be a part of the kingdom of God (Matthew 4:17). That the kingdom of God can be equated with the sphere of salvation is evident in John 3:5–7, where Jesus says the kingdom of God must be entered into by being born again. See also 1 Corinthians 6:9.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:56 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessy
All sins atoned for is covered.
Deliberate rebellion and idolatry is not atoned for.

http://www.angelsonassignment.org/atonement.html

Practiced sin is usually willfull. It is not forgiven--( Matt 7:22-23)a worker of iniquity = a practicer of sin.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Practiced sin is usually willfull. It is not forgiven--( Matt 7:22-23)a worker of iniquity = a practicer of sin.

With study, what becomes apparent is that "sin", related with "Ego", is what humanity has fallen into.
Involved with this animal/mammal situation, evolved in, "illusory" time and space.

"Ego", related with the "survival instinct", is evident in all the organic realm. We've been mislead, and psychiatry has been moving away from the Freudian model.

The fall of the angelic, described in Isaiah 14, Ezekiel 28, and in Revelation 12 in the new testament, (stars), is to be equated with the fall of Adam.
The world situation was quite different before the fall, from what existed after, and today.

"Seek, and you will find"...
Jesus

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Master
I like your first post in this thread, Davidsun.
Makes good sense to me.

Me, I was born n raised in Episcopal church, Sunday School every week, but I always had a mind of my own and asked questions - internally as I felt they would never be properly addressed by anyone I knew outside of me. We can read tons of religious books and never find the answer that was only meant to be found inside one's self. Even the Buddha dude told his audience of followers, etc., to figure out the answers to intellectual and/or philosophical questions for one's own self. OP, you can ask people their opinions, but only you can answer them to your own satisfaction.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I like your first post in this thread, Davidsun.
Makes good sense to me.

Me, I was born n raised in Episcopal church, Sunday School every week, but I always had a mind of my own and asked questions - internally as I felt they would never be properly addressed by anyone I knew outside of me. We can read tons of religious books and never find the answer that was only meant to be found inside one's self. Even the Buddha dude told his audience of followers, etc., to figure out the answers to intellectual and/or philosophical questions for one's own self. OP, you can ask people their opinions, but only you can answer them to your own satisfaction.

And, have you figured things out?
Street view vs. Satellite.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
And, have you figured things out?
Street view vs. Satellite.

First, I don't know what you mean by 'street view vs. satellite.'

I realize there's nothing to figure out.

I find what Davidsun said, suits me and my own curiosities about this kind of thing: "The way I see it, some people (souls?) get trapped in feelings of disappointment and dissatisfaction, which then may become 'self-fullfilling prophecies' in a feedback loop ad infinitum.

There is no experience of 'hell' or 'forgiveness', 'heaven' or 'hell' etc. other than those one 'creates' for oneself..."

Old 10-07-2017, 07:32 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
With study, what becomes apparent is that "sin", related with "Ego", is what humanity has fallen into.
Involved with this animal/mammal situation, evolved in, "illusory" time and space.

"Ego", related with the "survival instinct", is evident in all the organic realm. We've been mislead, and psychiatry has been moving away from the Freudian model.

The fall of the angelic, described in Isaiah 14, Ezekiel 28, and in Revelation 12 in the new testament, (stars), is to be equated with the fall of Adam.
The world situation was quite different before the fall, from what existed after, and today.

"Seek, and you will find"...
Jesus

I have found him, and his real teachers.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Knower
Interesting views from all angles. Even though I respect Christianity I do think there is often "script like " beliefs and statements and people who will not challenge what is taught. One may argue that this is to put your faith in god (as in all religions}, but what if half of what is told holds question that either contradict or don't fit an overall view?. I myself can not be quiet and accept what is taught if I do not feel it is correct. Everyone has an answer in their own way and I believe this is part of the overall answer, as we are all at different stages of our journey. To quote the bible does not give answers in my opinion {purely my opinion} We are too individual and unique and all at different stages. I do not say this lightly as a previous Christian, I have read the bible and lived by it to a certain degree in the past but as an enquiring mind I can not stop the questions that never get resolved when asked....and there is the answer, it is a journey so unique that an answer can not fit it can only be from within...do you 'feel' it is right or wrong.
I have seen this a hundred times...
Nothing gets answered...My original question still stands
Old 11-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Knower
Interesting views from all angles. Even though I respect Christianity I do think there is often "script like " beliefs and statements and people who will not challenge what is taught. One may argue that this is to put your faith in god (as in all religions}, but what if half of what is told holds question that either contradict or don't fit an overall view?. I myself can not be quiet and accept what is taught if I do not feel it is correct. Everyone has an answer in their own way and I believe this is part of the overall answer, as we are all at different stages of our journey. To quote the bible does not give answers in my opinion {purely my opinion} We are too individual and unique and all at different stages. I do not say this lightly as a previous Christian, I have read the bible and lived by it to a certain degree in the past but as an enquiring mind I can not stop the questions that never get resolved when asked....and there is the answer, it is a journey so unique that an answer can not fit it can only be from within...do you 'feel' it is right or wrong.
I have seen this a hundred times...
Nothing gets answered...My original question still stands
Old 11-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Knower
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Well Starlight I can give you a straight answer...
There is no hell, it isn't mentioned in the bible so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you for your view however you are mistaken. I think you are referring to the Hebrew bible where there is no given word to mean hell in the sense of the word, however the references speak for themselves. Fire and brimstone is the same to all. The King James Version of the bible does mention hell which asks another question, if the word hell can be brought forth from a reference to the effect, then all know what is meant. The Old Testament is not easy reading for me with references to sacrifices and ultimatums
Thank you anyway I appreciate your views