Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Master
What is really interesting is that a lot of people do NOT know this-

John's Opening was not written from John. The reason why is because it was a Hymn that the early church used to repeat and it was possible placed in front of John by another author after the Gospel was written. The reason they believe this is because nowhere else in John's Gospel does Jesus call himself "the Word". In fact he never calls himself the Word lol.

The Word for early Christians stemmed from "Lady Wisdom" in the Old testament and from "the Skehinah". It was just another name for the Holy Spirit.

Basically they were saying "In the beginning was the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit was with God and the Holy Spirit was God. The Holy Spirit became flesh and dwelt among us".

Christ is what is "anointed" whereas the Spirit is "the anointing". The Spirit would be what is being spoken, the words, the speech, etc. The Christ would be the result. It has to do with St. Paul calling all of us members of "the body of Christ" (the Son) if we have the mind of Christ (The Father) and are of the "Spirit of Christ" (Holy Spirit).

Each writer in the NT has a different name and meaning for everything. Some called the Word the same thing as the Spirit. Some call Christ "God's mind" but others called "the father" as GOd's mind.

We can end up in circles all day with these semantics and create another 50 denominations until we bend over backwards and do jumping jacks.

The fact is that the early Christians believed in One God, the Spirit, and Jesus. And they saw all three of those in unity with the other.
Old 17-12-2016, 12:58 PM
ciel_perdu

Hi Amilius777,

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts, which I though were good.

Quote:
We can end up in circles all day with these semantics and create another 50 denominations until we bend over backwards and do jumping jacks.

I agree, that many a denomination has been formed over semantics. However, the original point mentioned at the start of this thread, semantics aside, is that throughout nearly all churches, the Bible is seen as the inspired, infallible, word of God (2 Timothy 3:16), and NOT Jesus' the one who said ''My words are spirit and they are life, the flesh profits nothing''. This teaching is ultra popular, because it's used as a justification to do whatever you want, as long as you can back up your action with any old scripture.

I totally agree that the Holy Spirit, the Word, Jesus, God, his teachings, are one. It's just a shame that so many Christians today try to separate Jesus from his teachings, the Holy Spirit from what he taught, and they do so because they've rejected the cornerstone.
Old 17-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
Hi Amilius777,

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts, which I though were good.

I agree, that many a denomination has been formed over semantics. However, the original point mentioned at the start of this thread, semantics aside, is that throughout nearly all churches, the Bible is seen as the inspired, infallible, word of God (2 Timothy 3:16), and NOT Jesus' the one who said ''My words are spirit and they are life, the flesh profits nothing''. This teaching is ultra popular, because it's used as a justification to do whatever you want, as long as you can back up your action with any old scripture.

I totally agree that the Holy Spirit, the Word, Jesus, God, his teachings, are one. It's just a shame that so many Christians today try to separate Jesus from his teachings, the Holy Spirit from what he taught, and they do so because they've rejected the cornerstone.

I don't so much resonate with what people vainly call themselves, but with the category they are apparently in. Thus to me many people who call themselves christians, simply don't belong in that category.
Old 20-12-2016, 02:18 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I don't so much resonate with what people vainly call themselves, but with the category they are apparently in. Thus to me many people who call themselves christians, simply don't belong in that category.

Out of interest, how do you determine which category people are in? I agree, just going by what someone 'calls' themselves, is really neither here nor there.
Old 20-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Out of interest, how do you determine which category people are in? I agree, just going by what someone 'calls' themselves, is really neither here nor there.

well it isn't perfect, but obviously if someone is doing something like kicking a homeless person he probably doesn't really subscribe to the teachings of christ no matter what he says about himself. And so on.

i.e. you shall know them by their fruits.
Old 24-12-2016, 07:07 PM
kjw47

Quote:

The bible points out this fact of reality---- Those who do not obey Jesus, remain in Gods wrath.--- That means--learn and apply every single teaching. Few have bothered learning and applying all that Jesus taught. I know for sure--trinity religions do NOT teach all that Jesus taught, his teachings expose them as false religion so they cannot teach all that he taught.
Here is how one can measure who they are---Jesus taught---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God= OT-NT--studying Gods word year after year, over and over to learn and apply--every utterance from God--This is proof of ones love for God and his son. Few have bothered.
Another mirror all can peer into--1John 3 teaches-- who are the children of God and who are the children of the devil.----it teaches--- ITS impossible for a child of God to practice even one sin.

That is a very harsh reality for this world. 99% have failed God and his son.
Old 24-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
The bible points out this fact of reality---- Those who do not obey Jesus, remain in Gods wrath.--- That means--learn and apply every single teaching. Few have bothered learning and applying all that Jesus taught. I know for sure--trinity religions do NOT teach all that Jesus taught, his teachings expose them as false religion so they cannot teach all that he taught.
Here is how one can measure who they are---Jesus taught---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God= OT-NT--studying Gods word year after year, over and over to learn and apply--every utterance from God--This is proof of ones love for God and his son. Few have bothered.
Another mirror all can peer into--1John 3 teaches-- who are the children of God and who are the children of the devil.----it teaches--- ITS impossible for a child of God to practice even one sin.

Some people don't have the time to sit and read the bible, they are to busy working and helping their fellow man, actions speak louder than words.
Being a Christian can be shown in more ways than one, I know people who have never opened a bible but by their actions they show they are living Christ consciouness moment to moment, that's Christianity.
Old 25-12-2016, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47

Ciel, I have to bring up something. The Jews of Jesus time taught that they were the ones who kept and taught the Word of God. Who sent Jesus to the Cross.
True?
What did Jesus say about them though?

This is about ego.

In fact, isn't sin something that we are born into, regarding this organic world and situation?
Isn't it true that "the world, the flesh, and the devil" are equated?

That everything originates in Spirit, and with the Almighty?

Did He say that to love the Lord, and to love one another, fulfills all the law and the prophets?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
The bible points out this fact of reality

What the bible Points out is a Fact, that you can turn away from God, and the effects of it are usually not pleasurable. The Bible is full of examples of what happens without Love.

It is not the Wrath of God, but your own Wrath. (your own - read as when someone turns away from God)

God is Pure Love, turning away from Love brings Fear. It is not God's fault, it is an effect like Gravity has on an Apple. If you hold an Apple in your hand, and let it go, it will fall down. Neither Gravity nor the Apple are responsible for the Fall.
Even you, who let the Apple fall, cannot be responsible, (in God's PoV) because you wanted to experience what will happen.

Ultimately, when you turn Back to Love, everything is Healed. This is the Justice of God. That is His will.
And many examples of this you can find in the Bible - Including the worst case, expressing God's love in Resurrection !
Old 26-12-2016, 05:37 AM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Ciel, I have to bring up something. The Jews of Jesus time taught that they were the ones who kept and taught the Word of God. Who sent Jesus to the Cross.
True?
What did Jesus say about them though?

This is about ego.

In fact, isn't sin something that we are born into, regarding this organic world and situation?
Isn't it true that "the world, the flesh, and the devil" are equated?

That everything originates in Spirit, and with the Almighty?

Did He say that to love the Lord, and to love one another, fulfills all the law and the prophets?

Hi Morpheus, I think you meant to address to this Kjw47, not to me?