Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

View Poll Results: Do you think Global Warming should be taken seriously?
Yes. 20 60.61%
No. 9 27.27%
Other. 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old Today, 02:53 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 75
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
while i feel it's good to be aware of attempts to manipulate perceptions
through "emotional hooks", there's a different, non-spin thought i'd like
to introduce. without emotional investment in an idea, who cares about
the facts and figures provided? literally, who cares if there's no emotion
involved in the debate? the notion that emotions are something to be
discarded and 'risen above' is an insidious attack upon well-being in my
estimation -- caring is a fundamental for wellness, without it a being
becomes a simple automaton, a cog in some machine [having no concern
for the welfare of anything].
That is a great point Horace, and a great question.

The invention of science was profoundly important for several reasons. For one thing, it was man's first institutionalization of an attempt to look beyond the human perspective. Science sprang from the question What is really out there?

So yes, science is designed to eliminate the human element as much as possible. Of course human emotion is the reason we do it in the first place, but if we really want to know the truth, doesn't it make sense to eliminate bias wherever possible, and to welcome invalidation as well as validation wherever it is reliable?

Once a few people got over the notion that disproving an idea is NOT an 'insidious attack on their well-being', then they could really get to the truth of the matter. It's why we are able to communicate on an internet today - because really, it's about how much we DO care.
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old Today, 03:01 PM
r6r6r r6r6r is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,384
  r6r6r's Avatar
Cat Artic Headed for Death Spiral ergo Less Sunlight Reflected

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astro...in_2 016.html

..."Incidentally, some of that greening is in the Arctic. That place is usually covered with snow and ice, except warmer temperatures have been causing it to melt away. Thatís not a place we want to see green. White would be way better."....

...."Worse (and yes, things get much worse), itís old ice that weíre seeing disappearing, ice that had been persistent. The new ice is thinner and tends to come and go with the seasons, but old ice provides a baseline. But thatís melting away as well. Every year as more of that melts in the summer, the overall amount of ice will drop.

I have little doubt that deniers will ramp up their blustery lies as they do whenever a record like this occurs. The most common one is that gain in Antarctic sea ice offsets the loss in Arctic sea ice. This is grossly misleading. Antarctic sea ice is transitory, waxing and waning over time but generally staying around the same amount, while Arctic sea ice is in a death spiral"........

Does humanity feel lucky? Dyson does because he survived the 30's.

The 2030's will be 100 years later many more people on the greener Earth with less artic ice, defrosting permafrost, and increaseing greenhouse gases.

r6
__________________
"U"niverse > Uni-v-erse > universe's > I-verse < you-verse < we-verse < them-verse

Space{ 31 } Time{ 24 } Mind/Intellect{ 12 } Biological{ 8 } Spin{ 6 } IS{ 2 }
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old Today, 03:04 PM
running running is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 3,959
  running's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
On the one hand, I suppose I should be happy I've graduated from "hateful" to just "arrogant". In any case, I find your projections profoundly displaced.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry the vast majority of scientists find some very dangerous flaws in your rosy outlook, but it's not my fault. I'm just another schmoe giving his views, just like you - no more, and no less - which happen to agree with what my demonstrable superiors on the subject have found through exhaustive research and data collection.

You keep saying over and over and over, There's nothing to be afraid of. Why then must you demonize me so? Why do you not answer my criticisms (or R6's, or 7L's, or Little Creek's, for that matter)? Why, for a no doubt totally unrelated matter, is your name 'Running'?

And I'm sorry, but another gospel of Youtube in the Cult of Personality again does nothing to affect the science. R6 nailed that. Things are changing Running. You and I won't live to see the full effects of it, probably not even close - but it's GOING to be different, and odds are it is going to be SEVERE. You aren't going to suffer directly too much, but our grandchildren,and humanity going forward, WILL. We DO have some control over what happens, but not if we live in denial and shirk our responsibilities. That's what children do, is duck their heads under the blankets and pretend whatever is bothering them doesn't exist - and that's what this is really all about, plain and simple, is it's time humanity grew up and became adults. The alternative is, unfortunately, devastating.

climate change is and has always happend. looking at history and you will see that. focusing on 30 or 50 years is a joke and is meaningless. but makes for a selling point to the global warming agenda.

the warming trend has been going on for a few hundred years. its been good for humanity. fhe effects of co2 is being way exaggerated in the predictions of it being a greenhouse gas.

the benefits outweigh the negative.

i don't have time to spell it all out for you. keep believing a doomsday scenario. people have done so for a very long time for one thing or another.

my user name is running because running and other forms of exercise is a practice that has given me growth. 20% from the power of exercise.

most of the rest comes directly from the planet causelessly. meaning where ever i am a force of shakti is expanding me through the power of nature around me. so when im not with nature as a truck driver im off camping somewhere. 80% from the power of the planet.
__________________
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry 1775
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old Today, 03:17 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 75
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
climate change is and has always happend. looking at history and you will see that. focusing on 30 or 50 years is a joke and is meaningless. but makes for a selling point to the global warming agenda.

the warming trend has been going on for a few hundred years. its been good for humanity. fhe effects of co2 is being way exaggerated in the predictions of it being a greenhouse gas.
First of all, yes the disparate factoid of 'climate always changing' is true. That's not the issue.

Secondly, funny how you first state 'focusing on 30 or 50 years', then talk about the last 'few hundred'. How long has the industrial revolution been going on? How do we know about the warming trend? Because climatologists study the ENTIRE history of climate, as far as can be studied, and that's no joke.

Has all the weather in the last few hundred years been 'good' for humanity? Studies show the weather is getting worse, the heat is getting worse, the Co2 is getting worse, and we are doing it, and it's BAD - not the denialist studies, the REAL ones.

The earth has never seen climate change this rapid before without some cataclysmic event. This time that event is us.

Quote:
i don't have time to spell it all out for you. keep believing a doomsday scenario. people have done so for a very long time for one thing or another.
Oh, I get it. other 'scenarios' didn't come true, therefore all such scenarios are false. It's like my uncle and aunt both died of cancer, and they both wore orange socks, therefore orange socks cause cancer. Got it. And you have spelled it out for me. Trouble is it just spells denial and wishful thinking.

Quote:
my user name is running because running and other forms of exercise is a practice that has given me growth. 20% from the power of exercise.

most of the rest comes directly from the planet causelessly. meaning where ever i am a force of shakti is expanding me through the power of nature around me. so when im not with nature as a truck driver im off camping somewhere. 80% from the power of the planet.
That's wonderful Running, though it makes it even more inexplicable why you would bend over backwards so far to think we can endlessly pollute the atmosphere without consequence.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old Today, 03:55 PM
running running is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 3,959
  running's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
First of all, yes the disparate factoid of 'climate always changing' is true. That's not the issue.

Secondly, funny how you first state 'focusing on 30 or 50 years', then talk about the last 'few hundred'. How long has the industrial revolution been going on? How do we know about the warming trend? Because climatologists study the ENTIRE history of climate, as far as can be studied, and that's no joke.

Has all the weather in the last few hundred years been 'good' for humanity? Studies show the weather is getting worse, the heat is getting worse, the Co2 is getting worse, and we are doing it, and it's BAD - not the denialist studies, the REAL ones.

The earth has never seen climate change this rapid before without some cataclysmic event. This time that event is us.


Oh, I get it. other 'scenarios' didn't come true, therefore all such scenarios are false. It's like my uncle and aunt both died of cancer, and they both wore orange socks, therefore orange socks cause cancer. Got it. And you have spelled it out for me. Trouble is it just spells denial and wishful thinking.


That's wonderful Running, though it makes it even more inexplicable why you would bend over backwards so far to think we can endlessly pollute the atmosphere without consequence.

co2 is not a pollutant. you want to see pollution and death. cut off the use of oil and observe the forests cut down and dark skys from people trying to stay alive from the cold by burning cut down trees.

the fact is the use of petroleum isnt only more efficient but is one of the reasons forests are comimg back in many places.

there is nothing spectacular going on with the weather. only if you don't consider history. and even if there was and there isnt. its would be a huge leap of faith to blame it on co2.

my figures are wrong on my practice. i do other things. but it was true in that those are two big factors for me.
__________________
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry 1775
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old Today, 04:29 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 75
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
co2 is not a pollutant. you want to see pollution and death. cut off the use of oil and observe the forests cut down and dark skys from people trying to stay alive from the cold by burning cut down trees.

the fact is the use of petroleum isnt only more efficient but is one of the reasons forests are comimg back in many places.

there is nothing spectacular going on with the weather. only if you don't consider history. and even if there was and there isnt. its would be a huge leap of faith to blame it on co2.

my figures are wrong on my practice. i do other things. but it was true in that those are two big factors for me.
ANYTHING put in the air by other than natural means is a pollutant, by definition. The notion that anything already found in the air no matter what quantity is not a pollutant is complete bamboozlement. If you don't think so, then think about 99% Co2 in the air and what that would do, by any 'basic math'.

Running, what you are not getting here is that I am on your side. The 'doomsdayers' are ALL on YOUR side. If we are wrong, then you get your bright future and the bonus of clean abundant energy. If you are wrong, everybody is screwed. Nobody is suggesting we burn more wood for energy. Instead, what the 'doomsday conspiracy' has done is spur a boom of renewable energy; wind, solar, etc, and all the jobs those are creating. Renewable energy is the fastest growing job market today, growing 17 times faster than the national economy. Where is the downside in that??

How is productive caution a worse choice than wilful unconcern? What do you have to lose - really? Is it because you are a truck driver? Is that your real investment here?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums