Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 10-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Experiencer
Short vs long term forcast

Hey there,
In tarot (or other guidance or divination tool), what sort of time period is implied when we talk about short term forecast? What would be considered long term rather than short term?

Also, how do you feel about those weekly or monthly forecast spreads? How accurate do they feel to you?

Warm thanks :)
Old 13-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Experiencer
Any input or opinion, anyone?
Old 13-06-2017, 12:13 AM
Master

Haha, IMHO asking for timelines from the cards is a one-way trip to frustration. Better to specify within your question instead - eg "what do the next 3 months hold for me".

I like weekly and monthly forecast spreads, although I don't do them often because the future can be changeable. I find them useful as a heads up about most likely outcomes though, and what I might need to do to mitigate those.
Old 13-06-2017, 02:24 AM
Experiencer
I guess I'm especially wondering about those spreads with "short term outcome" (or near future? Same thing?) and "long term outcome" positions. The terms seem arbitrary and vague to me! Generally speaking, what's considered short term/near future to most? Within a few weeks? 3 months? 6 months? A year? (Given the person follows through with the advice).
Old 13-06-2017, 05:32 AM
Master

This is why I don't use those spreads with vaguely specified short term/long term positions you can also modify spreads as you like.
Old 13-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Master
As far as I understand divination, you can't really fix a time on it as it reflects on the question. The advice is based on events, or actions, that either happen to us or we change our mind which can affect the outcome of what was originally read. If that happens then another reading may be required.

Basically speaking, readings highlights current events, possible action and the most likely outcome, or result of actions, based on your choices. The time frame you're asking for is vague at best as the possible outcome is very dependent on the decisions you make and what happens in your life.

I hope that helps.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 13-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Master
With a big(ger) spread I usually go for 1 month as short term. Less is possible, but then there's little time for things to develop (further). Sticking to 1 month allows for more things to happen, grow and evolve, and thus will still give an insightful reading even though it's short term.

Long term I preferably don't read for anything over a year. Too many variables can come into play over such a long period of time, and a year is doable. Also for the querent, because saying stuff like "In 5 yrs time you will win the lottery/get married/meet the love of your life/get a child etc." becomes a bit vague. Too far in the future. People normally want to know what they can expect within a reasonable amount of time, not over 5 years, or 10.
Unless they specifically ask for that of course.

So for me short term is 1 month, long term either 6 months or 1 year.
For myself I often do 6 months as long term, for reasons mentioned above: I do not want to wait a full year until I get what I want or can tell whether the reading was right.