Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old Today, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I understand that silence and bliss have nothing to do with information, but to understand the nature of reality information is required, for example information about the subtle body and how to develop it. Not everyone will see this as valuable or necessary, but not developing the subtle body is the equivalent of being a metaphysical cripple who has been taught to just accept their lot in life as is.

im 100% in agreement about the subtle body. but im biased as that siddhi is stronger than my ears and eyes combined. but isn't necessary and is developed during the process of bliss and silence. i say not necessary because most people don't access that until sometime down the process. but without such access there is no experience of bliss and silence.

You Hold ALL the Cards in YOU!
https://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo

NEVER Give Up Your Power. ALL the POWER is in YOU!
https://youtu.be/0KSOMA3QBU0
Old Today, 12:20 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
its just something you become open to. it takes time to make a home in oneself. in the process all sorts of things can block it. after some time of expeeinces of it. to becoming permenant in the living expereince. the dual can live along side the non dual. its a paradox.
This takes me back what you had said earlier:
"as what one becomes open to and what one is merges".

I’ll try to approach this “the dual can live along side the non dual” from another angle (other than your Kundalini angle).

I posted a new Avatar picture not to mean the 4 directions nor the Buddha Families Mandala (teaching tools), but to depict our life situation as a Cross where the ‘horizontal and vertical dimensions’ meet.

Totality of ourselves consisting of 2 realities – the Absolute and the Relative.

The horizontal dimension is like our ordinary worldview. So the view is very dual. This and that. Focus is on form reality. Linear time.
To be a separate-self-identity one needs to emphasize this dualistic form-reality barrier, the gap between subject and object, the perceiver and the perceived.

Even though Buddhism teaches Anatta, here is the general view (from a book No Boundary by Ken Wilber, free download)
http://www.ebook3000.com/Ken-Wilber-...wth_84604.html

Quote:
Something very simple happens when you answer the question, "Who are you?"
When you are describing or explaining or even just inwardly feeling your "self," what you are actually doing, whether you know it or not, is drawing a mental line or boundary across the whole field of your experience, and everything on the inside of that boundary you are feeling or calling your "self," while everything outside that boundary you feel to be "not-self."
Your self-identity, in other words, depends entirely upon where you draw that boundary line.

You are a human and not a chair, and you know that because you consciously or unconsciously draw a boundary line between humans and chairs, and are able to recognize your identity with the former. You may be a very tall human instead of a short one, and so you draw a mental line between tallness and shortness, and thus identify yourself as "tall."

You come to feel that "I am this and not that" by drawing a boundary line between "this" and "that" and then recognizing your identity with "this" and your non-identity with "that."
So when you say "my self," you draw a boundary line between what is you and what is not you.
When you answer the question, "Who are you?," you simply describe what’s on the inside of that line.
Now imagining the perceived worldview, when the boundary line of one's BEING drawn between this and that i.e. what is you and not-you include your ego only:
e·go·cen·tric
1. Holding the view that the ego is the centre, and norm of all experience.
2.a. Confined in attitude or interest to one's own needs or affairs.
b. Caring only about oneself; selfish.
3. Philosophy
a. Viewed or perceived from one's own mind as a centre.
b. Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.

Egocentricity is very 2 dimensional and horizontal. (People might call this as "individual freedom").
The only suggestion here towards vertical is that "I am taller/whiter, more learned in sutras (whatever) than that which is not me" therefore I must be better, head above others because "I" is the first and foremost reference point for our awareness.
Ego-centeredness creates such a powerful mind-screen that everything classified as not-me becomes a mere mental object, a concept. Therefore everything perceived, in effect, is a projection.

But where is the centre for your BEING if you include the whole environment (All Forms and All Accommodating Space) into the size of “you” ….. your awareness?

Quoting myself
"When ‘identification’ is more with the spacious and empty, neutral, unmanufactured, vaaaaast awareness-space - which is spacious stillness, spacious silence enabled openness ……… then we really start hollowing out, emptying out from within also. Emptying out from the ‘centre of the small separate self id’ we have been boxed in".

Surrendering and Letting go of the mind & going beyond the mind can start at this point where the horizontal meets the vertical …….. a sense of presence or depth perception may start to develop ….

Just one idea, or suggestion to experiment with .....

Last edited by sentient : Today at 01:00 AM.
Old Today, 05:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
This takes me back what you had said earlier:
"as what one becomes open to and what one is merges".

I’ll try to approach this “the dual can live along side the non dual” from another angle (other than your Kundalini angle).

I posted a new Avatar picture not to mean the 4 directions nor the Buddha Families Mandala (teaching tools), but to depict our life situation as a Cross where the ‘horizontal and vertical dimensions’ meet.

Totality of ourselves consisting of 2 realities – the Absolute and the Relative.

The horizontal dimension is like our ordinary worldview. So the view is very dual. This and that. Focus is on form reality. Linear time.
To be a separate-self-identity one needs to emphasize this dualistic form-reality barrier, the gap between subject and object, the perceiver and the perceived.

Even though Buddhism teaches Anatta, here is the general view (from a book No Boundary by Ken Wilber, free download)
http://www.ebook3000.com/Ken-Wilber-...wth_84604.html

Now imagining the perceived worldview, when the boundary line of one's BEING drawn between this and that i.e. what is you and not-you include your ego only:
e·go·cen·tric
1. Holding the view that the ego is the centre, and norm of all experience.
2.a. Confined in attitude or interest to one's own needs or affairs.
b. Caring only about oneself; selfish.
3. Philosophy
a. Viewed or perceived from one's own mind as a centre.
b. Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.

Egocentricity is very 2 dimensional and horizontal. (People might call this as "individual freedom").
The only suggestion here towards vertical is that "I am taller/whiter, more learned in sutras (whatever) than that which is not me" therefore I must be better, head above others because "I" is the first and foremost reference point for our awareness.
Ego-centeredness creates such a powerful mind-screen that everything classified as not-me becomes a mere mental object, a concept. Therefore everything perceived, in effect, is a projection.

But where is the centre for your BEING if you include the whole environment (All Forms and All Accommodating Space) into the size of “you” ….. your awareness?

Quoting myself
"When ‘identification’ is more with the spacious and empty, neutral, unmanufactured, vaaaaast awareness-space - which is spacious stillness, spacious silence enabled openness ……… then we really start hollowing out, emptying out from within also. Emptying out from the ‘centre of the small separate self id’ we have been boxed in".

Surrendering and Letting go of the mind & going beyond the mind can start at this point where the horizontal meets the vertical …….. a sense of presence or depth perception may start to develop ….

Just one idea, or suggestion to experiment with .....

you mentioned vertical and horizontal. got me thinking. in a real simple way of putting the nondual is another dimension that doesn't operate in the ones we are accustomed to. when opening to that the mind runs wild because it makes no sense. i think thats where the idea of having to be a nondual mind comes from. nothing can be further from the truth. that extra dimensional awareness because it is non dual has no issue with the dual. the mind sorts this out over time. then we become nornal again. in that we realize its ok with me. im ok with it. life goes on. lol.

You Hold ALL the Cards in YOU!
https://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo

NEVER Give Up Your Power. ALL the POWER is in YOU!
https://youtu.be/0KSOMA3QBU0