Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 24-03-2011, 02:19 AM
ic.heliii

What is the process toward channeling?

I have many questions about channeling, but I believe that a sort of step-by-step guide would be more understandable for me in confirming that I am on the right path.

Everyone on here who are channels, can you describe to me/ to whoever else reading this the relevant events/sensations etc that confirm you were on the right path, generally?

It would especially be helpful too if you were to describe what it FEELS like in detail when you consciously/unconsciously channel.

Old 24-03-2011, 02:22 AM
themaster

Alright.. I'll answer.. my definition of channeling is..

When you get lost in a song.. your channeling!

When you’re writing a book.. your channeling!

When you act and get lost in a part.. your channeling!

When you post.. your channeling! (least I am )
Old 24-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Administrator
Hello

I like in what themaster put forth.

There are so many levels to what Channeling is. Many times we are in that place and do not really even know it.

Many times I will write something and not know what I have put forth, at times LOL I will get a reply or PM from one and I have to look back on what I said that so touched them.

We are not fully the individual we feel we are . We are too the higher self connected to SPirit and to the universe.

I put here something I wrote on Channeling and what I FEEL it is. I know well its NOT how all might see it and an open to that.

Channeling - What is it ?

Channeling goes to three areas -

Science ( Physics) the process that constrains the path of a changed particle in a crystalline solid.

Law - ( insurance, legal) a term used to indicate a contractual or legal redirection of responsibilities form an organization to another.

Spiritism - ( Mediumship) a term used in reference to the claimed process of receiving messages or inspirations from individual beings or spirits.

This is the one that is covered in Spiritual studies is Mediumship. It was in Western culture in the late parts of the 20th Century that Mediumship went in two different paths. One type is a person that claims speak to Spirits and in this communication rely messages from them. This is a contact in the physical sense to the one relaying or receiving the message. In the physical sense as the Spirit is right there with the Medium like one would sit and chat with someone. Often can even be seen is some physical form.

The other is a totally non physical form. Where the Spirit is allowed to actually enter the body of the Medium and relay a message. This is done in the trance state. This is controversial as often the state of the medium changes in the body often stiffening up and the voice of them changing dramatically. This is a form of allowed possession . In this state the Medium is often not at all aware of what one is saying, seeing or even at times writing til the event and the exit of the spirit happens.

This too can be done with the Medium actually leaving their body and having what is called and Out of Body Experience. In this state of being the Medium is able to field and answer questions ask of the spirit in them.

Lynn

Old 25-03-2011, 04:50 AM
luvblooms

Sorry to hop on the tails of this thread, but I too have Channeling questions.

Lately, I've noticed that when writing an email/thread reply, I sometimes go off on a tangent, lose my point, or not even get across the original reason why I was writing.

Also, I've attended group meetings, and have done the same. Not being able to stay focused or on topic.

Is this channeling?

Once I did try automatic writing while meditating, but it was all scribble when I reviewed it afterward??
Old 25-03-2011, 05:53 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvblooms
Is this channeling?
Honestly, it sounds like ego..

If you are channeling.. you will feel good, you will be in flow.. you will be in awe sometimes of the work you do.. least that's how it works for me!
Old 25-03-2011, 05:26 PM
luvblooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Honestly, it sounds like ego..

If you are channeling.. you will feel good, you will be in flow.. you will be in awe sometimes of the work you do.. least that's how it works for me!

Oy, this darn ego gets in the way!

I just purchased a book on how to chanel, yesterday.

Wish me luck!
Old 26-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvblooms
Sorry to hop on the tails of this thread, but I too have Channeling questions.

Lately, I've noticed that when writing an email/thread reply, I sometimes go off on a tangent, lose my point, or not even get across the original reason why I was writing.

Also, I've attended group meetings, and have done the same. Not being able to stay focused or on topic.

Is this channeling?

Once I did try automatic writing while meditating, but it was all scribble when I reviewed it afterward??

Hello

First I will ask if one does this out of the feeling of being "board" . If one answers NO to this qustion then I woud ask does it feel like maybe one is leaving the body ? At times we step out and dont really understand we are doing that.

I very much went through school like one describes here. I was present enough to FOLLOW what I needed too but a well I was either in Astral or I was with Spirit getting a message from them.

In going off on a tangent is what one puts down something of "meaning" in the form say of what a message might well come in as. I do that many times why so much of what I write I do in WORD so that I can save it and go back and re read it before posting it. In what I have written many times is a "line" that does not fit is a message or the start of a message from a Spirit.

I doddle on any paper I have at hand in meetings. Even now lol I see that the paper I have by me computer is full of doodles and random words. I have written the number 10 out and circled it. I too have put " I want it all ". What it means I am lost for right now.

I would try to take a look at what one puts down and see if there is a meaing for it that pertains to something going on in one's life that goes to an issue maybe one is not wanting to face.

Lynn
Old 27-03-2011, 06:19 PM
ic.heliii

thanks guys! :)

But I was hoping for more of a guide of how you do it.. like for example:

1. I get into a comfortable position
2. I close my eyes etcetc

but of course, going into more detail... and this would be for the trance channeling or unconscious channeling where you allow your spirit guide to take over your body and talk through you

But otherwise, thanks for the information, it answered a few other questions I had :)
Old 27-03-2011, 10:27 PM
luvblooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

First I will ask if one does this out of the feeling of being "board" . If one answers NO to this qustion then I woud ask does it feel like maybe one is leaving the body ? At times we step out and dont really understand we are doing that.

I very much went through school like one describes here. I was present enough to FOLLOW what I needed too but a well I was either in Astral or I was with Spirit getting a message from them.

In going off on a tangent is what one puts down something of "meaning" in the form say of what a message might well come in as. I do that many times why so much of what I write I do in WORD so that I can save it and go back and re read it before posting it. In what I have written many times is a "line" that does not fit is a message or the start of a message from a Spirit.

I doddle on any paper I have at hand in meetings. Even now lol I see that the paper I have by me computer is full of doodles and random words. I have written the number 10 out and circled it. I too have put " I want it all ". What it means I am lost for right now.

I would try to take a look at what one puts down and see if there is a meaing for it that pertains to something going on in one's life that goes to an issue maybe one is not wanting to face.

Lynn

Thank you for your insight Lynn.

No I have not done this out of being bored. I was curious when I tried the automatic writing.

Now that you mention it, when I have gone off on a tangent, I have found answers to some of my own questions.

I had also wondered that about doodling.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:51 PM
dennisoc

Just second hand knowledge here.
My wife is a medium.
Most of the time she talks to and sees the dead and guides the same way I do other "in body" people.
On very rare occasions and only in very private settings she "channels". During those times she is unaware of what is being said through her. She "allows" another spirit to use her body for unique conversation. Often her voice and facial expressions are very uncharacteristic of her "normal" ones.

These are very strange sessions. Oftimes I am alone with her and really don't feel comfortable with her "gone".

She returns unaware of any time passing. Her neck usually hurts a little and she often feels sick to her stomach.

den