Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-12-2018, 02:04 AM
Pathfinder

A double-layered dream of Heaven and Hell

Last night I dreamed that I was in a room with several strangers that seemed to have an evil-like energy about them. the room then turned out to be a large elevator, which began doing down to what appeared to be hell:

it was a dystopian, beaten up rugged desert-like place with everything looking like it had been worn down by time. the setting was night time.

Some of my family members were there, which i did not expect: in my waking reality they don't exactly seem like hell is there type of place, yet they were there along side me during my temporary visit. it was night time, and the dream started to shift from that moment; im guessing this is when my visit to hell and whoever may have been there was expired.after this, I found myself in a sort of town-like apartment convsering when a person who's identity i cannot recall: i told them of the things i saw in hell. I'm assuming this was heaven, because everything was clean, neat, calm, and especially empty; there were a noticebly less amount of people in this place.

I could be wrong about this assumption: it could have just been earth.
later on I crossed the street, alone,, but for a reason i cannot remember. It appeared to be a shop, but it turned out to be an air port, which I then entered and thats about as far as I made it in my half-awareness state in the dream world.

What does any of this mean? I havent had a dream/nightmare this vivid in a long time. im confused as to why everyone in the room at the beginning were all wearing red, and why did the room move as an elevator to hell? why were there so many people there in what appeared to be hell, and why on earth were there people I love down there?

Why did I sort-of wake up into another level of the dream, only to talk to someone i cant identify now, then go to an airport heading towards boarding a plane?

more questions: i know it was just a dream...(i dont know this for sure im just saying that). but how would I save some people from hell? to speak very directly.. It was NOT a pleasant looking place at all. again, everything was 2/3 destroyed, it was very arid and dark, and it seemed like various groups of people had formed to survive against one another.
Old 22-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Dreams are overly dramatic to elicit a feeling so we can grasp the essence of what is going on in our world. I suspect this dream may relate to how your family handles or perceives anger. It may be an emotion you were taught to 'avoid' as a way of staying out of trouble because it makes a person evil. Angry people are often described as bad people by honest people who want to chose love over hate but this can create an unhealthy relationship with our emotional body. Anger is a normal necessary human emotion that arises when a boundary has been crossed so we can protect ourselves. It's true that some people use anger as a weapon or their anger gets the better of them when they don't possess physical restraint when their anger gets triggered but the emotion is one that serves to protect us in a sometimes hostile environment like earth.

So for the dream. You descended on an elevator. Elevators generally symbolize the rising and falling of our emotions. When we feel negative we go down and up when positive. When you reached the bottom the place was arid which suggests that the emotion may be dried up. Meaning you have learned to not express your anger. Anger is often symbolized by the color red. Having a lot of family with you in this place suggests this is a learned family trait likely passed on generation after generation. Possibly because anger is perceived to be evil or make us evil as is suggested by the scene feeling like hell. Maybe fighting in general is frowned upon or fighting for your survival is threatening so to avoid those tense difficult situations your family may tend to brush confrontation or upset under the rug. If we can be civil and accommodating with others than we shall have peace all of our days.

It's good in theory but when we disown one emotion we run the risk of disowning the full breath of all of our emotions even the good ones. To suppress anger we have to suppress the area of the brain that produces emotions. So felling the full wonder of uninhibited joy for instance can be lost along with our healthy anger. Ideally learning emotion intelligence as its called is our best bet for having a balanced emotional body

I suspect the heaven part may suggest that it's hard to maintain a constant positive emotional state being orderly and calm all the time, which is why the place was empty. It's basically a dream that suggests there is a line of thinking that perceives anger is evil and makes people evil. This line of thinking gives a false perception of what it means to be human and emotional. So I would say reflect on the messages you got growing up in regards to emotions and standing up for yourself even. Were you taught to be civil and polite and not make a fuss so as to keep the peace? If we don't express the things that bother us they tend to fester inside and come out in unhealthy ways or through unhealthy habits like over eating or drinking too much. So reflect on anger and if there is a tendency to define it as an evil emotion maybe take some time to rework your relationship with it. It's normal and a part of being human.

An additional comment is the idea that humans in general may be perceived as evil. Ultra religious folks can be fed this lie from well meaning clergy who believe they are saving us from damnation. But if we are inherently evil then that suggests getting into heaven is near impossible. It's a terrible perception to have of who we are. It excludes the possibility of unconditional love and leaves no room for being human and flawed. So maybe reflect on this concept and whether or not it really serves your better good. Sounds like from the dream it's a no win proposition as all your loved ones were in hell, which you know in your heart they don't deserve to be there, while no one is in heaven. It's possible you were taught this growing up but you are ready to reject this one sided belief system for something more compassionate.
Old 22-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Dreams are overly dramatic to elicit a feeling so we can grasp the essence of what is going on in our world. I suspect this dream may relate to how your family handles or perceives anger. It may be an emotion you were taught to 'avoid' as a way of staying out of trouble because it makes a person evil. Angry people are often described as bad people by honest people who want to chose love over hate but this can create an unhealthy relationship with our emotional body. Anger is a normal necessary human emotion that arises when a boundary has been crossed so we can protect ourselves. It's true that some people use anger as a weapon or their anger gets the better of them when they don't possess physical restraint when their anger gets triggered but the emotion is one that serves to protect us in a sometimes hostile environment like earth.

So for the dream. You descended on an elevator. Elevators generally symbolize the rising and falling of our emotions. When we feel negative we go down and up when positive. When you reached the bottom the place was arid which suggests that the emotion may be dried up. Meaning you have learned to not express your anger. Anger is often symbolized by the color red. Having a lot of family with you in this place suggests this is a learned family trait likely passed on generation after generation. Possibly because anger is perceived to be evil or make us evil as is suggested by the scene feeling like hell. Maybe fighting in general is frowned upon or fighting for your survival is threatening so to avoid those tense difficult situations your family may tend to brush confrontation or upset under the rug. If we can be civil and accommodating with others than we shall have peace all of our days.

It's good in theory but when we disown one emotion we run the risk of disowning the full breath of all of our emotions even the good ones. To suppress anger we have to suppress the area of the brain that produces emotions. So felling the full wonder of uninhibited joy for instance can be lost along with our healthy anger. Ideally learning emotion intelligence as its called is our best bet for having a balanced emotional body

I suspect the heaven part may suggest that it's hard to maintain a constant positive emotional state being orderly and calm all the time, which is why the place was empty. It's basically a dream that suggests there is a line of thinking that perceives anger is evil and makes people evil. This line of thinking gives a false perception of what it means to be human and emotional. So I would say reflect on the messages you got growing up in regards to emotions and standing up for yourself even. Were you taught to be civil and polite and not make a fuss so as to keep the peace? If we don't express the things that bother us they tend to fester inside and come out in unhealthy ways or through unhealthy habits like over eating or drinking too much. So reflect on anger and if there is a tendency to define it as an evil emotion maybe take some time to rework your relationship with it. It's normal and a part of being human.

An additional comment is the idea that humans in general may be perceived as evil. Ultra religious folks can be fed this lie from well meaning clergy who believe they are saving us from damnation. But if we are inherently evil then that suggests getting into heaven is near impossible. It's a terrible perception to have of who we are. It excludes the possibility of unconditional love and leaves no room for being human and flawed. So maybe reflect on this concept and whether or not it really serves your better good. Sounds like from the dream it's a no win proposition as all your loved ones were in hell, which you know in your heart they don't deserve to be there, while no one is in heaven. It's possible you were taught this growing up but you are ready to reject this one sided belief system for something more compassionate.

EDIT: so you're saying that anger is a necessary experience in humanity. agreed, but Im not sure how that ties in with being positive and maintaining peace in one's life. in fact, I would assume it would have a negative impact on it. care to explain?

Last edited by Chak117 : 22-12-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 23-12-2018, 01:10 PM
irisa

A double-layered dream of Heaven and Hell

I think it is beautiful, striving to always be neat, clean, nice...i've tried that a long time. Only this year i finally am learning to accept that i have a shadow-side as well. I knew that already, but had my thoughts about that side...Afraid that people won't like me any longer when i would react angry...afraid to hurt...etcetera. But i've come to learn that with ignoring my shadow side (maybe the hell in your dream?) i also ignored a huge part of myself. Because most of the time i was focussed on other peoples needs.

I could be wrong about this assumption: it could have just been earth.
later on I crossed the street, alone,, but for a reason i cannot remember. It appeared to be a shop, but it turned out to be an air port, which I then entered and thats about as far as I made it in my half-awareness state in the dream world.

The way you wrote down this part and the title you already give part of your interpretation of the dream...at least, i think...
Maybe the 'double-layered' can symbolize the duality in life/human...without having seen/known the dark one cannot see/recognize the light...No love without hate...
Maybe sounds vague but i think action...reaction can be added in this.

"I crossed the street, alone, but for a reason i cannot remember." To me it sounds like in this part it is about you who, subconsciously, once made the decision to get to know the real Self. The dreaming/process you are now in is your way there...remembering.

The shop could symbolize life/world...use your life/world to get to your real Self...Buy, sell...learn/teach.

The airport...half awareness...i don't know...might say your to much analyzing things/ in your head instead of the heart (feeling)...i think more awareness will come when you turn more inward...to feel what comes up and to see where it takes you..
Old 23-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
It's not about whether we should or shouldn't try to be positive kind people or strive for a peaceful world but about letting go of the expectation that it is a state of being we can maintain by the exclusion of anger or negative feelings and/or behavior. They say all emotions are temporary. They come and go in the natural flow of life. It's when we judge our negative feelings and behaviors as bad that we get ourselves into trouble labeling ourselves and others as evil when it isn't true. It isn't even necessarily something we consciously do but the judgement is very well there.

It's tough not to judge in good/bad terms. That's how we as humans maintain law and order but it's a slippery slope that can turn into a catch 22 for honest loving people who only want good in the world. Of course murdering someone In cold blood is not a nice thing to do but judging the person as evil because of it can snowball into other more minor offenses being labeled as bad too. It can be tough to know where to draw the line especially if we were raised in a religion that fed us the lie that we are all sinners.

Good and bad is a purely man made concept that serves to keep life civil. Our soul doesn't see any of what happens here in that light. It's not that they condone or encourage bad behavior just that they understand it is a learning tool and a temporary state of being and not who they really are. Aside from a small percent of humans born with brains wired without compassion or wired to find the need to hunt and prey on other humans most 'bad' human behavior is a consequence of the person trapped in a fear of their survival fighting the world around them because they have a real or imagined sense of feeling their life is threatened. They may have been abused or neglected or even just taught some very unhelpful misguided ideas about life by modeling their parents but it isn't because they are inherently evil. There may be evil deeds done in this world but no one is inherently evil. Not even the serial killers or terrorists. That's not to say I wouldn't do my best to defend myself against those sorts even locking them away to protect the rest of us but I know their soul isn't evil. There is just some misguided Perceptions blocking them from living from a place of love as humans.

The point being, when we engage in labeling others as evil we run the risk of us and our loved ones falling into that category as well which may be why in the dream everyone was in hell and heaven was empty. So just reflect on the concept of good/bad, right/wrong and Angels/Devils and see if you categorize people in that light. To truly get to a state of living from unconditional love we need to break the pattern of thinking that there is good/bad in the world and people are evil. Nothing is right or wrong, good or bad. It is simply what is and what we need to deal with. Of course striving for peace and harmony is a worthwhile pursuit that can result in our feeling happy with life but it isn't a prerequisite to defining our worth, especially in regards to getting into heaven.

In the heaven/hell vein, it's also possible you are acutely aware that no one is really living their heaven on earth. Maybe you are surrounded by people who chose comfort and security over doing what they love in life and though they may have their physical needs filled they are not truly happy as a consequence. Do you have parents who try to encourage you to pursue a worthwhile career that will bring respect and security to your life but you want to live your life doing something on your own terms that you enjoy? I wonder now with the reincarnation dream if there is a part of you that wants to buck family tradition because a part of you knows that line of thinking makes you and them miserable. An alternative take on the dream given your follow up dream of reincarnation giving birth to a new you your family doesn't recognize. I suspect if you follow your passion and bliss in life, though there may be some initial doubt by your family, it sounds like they will eventually embrace the situation and accept you on your terms.
Old 23-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Pathfinder

Yesterday I came across a location that was alarmingly similar to the place where i went into the building (that was an airport i think) in the dream.

not only that, but some family members were wearing red during the same day, and some of the travel we were on was on a descending path in the night.

could the dream have been a direct link to this?
Old 24-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chak117
Yesterday I came across a location that was alarmingly similar to the place where i went into the building (that was an airport i think) in the dream.

not only that, but some family members were wearing red during the same day, and some of the travel we were on was on a descending path in the night.

could the dream have been a direct link to this?
could have been. Did you notice a toxic negative energy in the air when you were there? Anything happen that stands out?
Old 25-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
could have been. Did you notice a toxic negative energy in the air when you were there? Anything happen that stands out?
i saw some signs that related to the woman i love there. It didnt seem toxic, but a vague negativity due to it being night time yet unrelatedd to the sign i would assume.