Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 01-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Lightbulb Why do affirmations? Post ideas here :)

I would say cuz when we do not ...our minds may act like a tape recorder
of what it has heard and repeat THAT instead!
''I wish I never had you".
''You'll never get that job."
"You're just like your father..."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Seeker

Positive energy heals, so by experiencing the positive energy in an affirmation you are healing yourself as well as others in a prayer type way. It's self-love baby! : ) And you become a self-charged positive battery to go and refuel others who are lacking which is group love G rated style. : )
Old 01-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esconced
Positive energy heals, so by experiencing the positive energy in an affirmation you are healing yourself as well as others in a prayer type way. It's self-love baby! : ) And you become a self-charged positive battery to go and refuel others who are lacking which is group love G rated style. : )
Love it! Well, said.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-07-2018, 12:14 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
a tape recorder"

I've made my own subliminal/affirmations before as a recording this method is good because you can mix it up and have a lot of affirmations said in a short amount of time to. Here is how I done it, use any recording software you can, I used audacity which is free to download, then with a microphone record all your affirmations, you can edit it and record again over it so you have more affirmations, then you go find some song preferably and probably better a song that is just music and no words at all, then you add it to your track, then you make the affirmations you recoreded become more softer, so you can just barley hear them and they just sound like mumbling words in the back round of the music playing, you can loop this many times as well to make the track longer, and then you save it as mp3 an have a subliminal/affirmation recording.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:59 AM
Lorelyen

To me, affirmations are about bringing about transformation in accordance with one's desires** in situations where one hasn't the resources or mental focus / discipline to bring the change about immediately and/or where a number of things need to be changed to bring about the target change.

** avoiding the word "Will" as one's true will may not be fully understood.

=== = =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
I've made my own subliminal/affirmations before as a recording this method is good because you can mix it up and have a lot of affirmations said in a short amount of time to. Here is how I done it, use any recording software you can, I used audacity which is free to download, then with a microphone record all your affirmations, you can edit it and record again over it so you have more affirmations, then you go find some song preferably and probably better a song that is just music and no words at all, then you add it to your track, then you make the affirmations you recoreded become more softer, so you can just barley hear them and they just sound like mumbling words in the back round of the music playing, you can loop this many times as well to make the track longer, and then you save it as mp3 an have a subliminal/affirmation recording.

That REALLY is very crafty! Audacity has to be the most underrated piece of editing software available. I see what you're getting at here. You can splice affirmations in suitable places as long as they're short enough to stay subliminal. It helps that you can speed up the fragments without changing the pitch.

Research would be interesting even if the report was part subjective, about the spacing and base material - like would a song work better than, say, a recording of rain (used during meditation/contemplation). If the recording was long enough (say 6 hours) so you wouldn't use it all at once anticipation wouldn't come into it.

Brill! (I use Audacity a fair bit. It can do about 95% of everything I want to do with audio stuff). Great idea.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
That REALLY is very crafty! Audacity has to be the most underrated piece of editing software available. I see what you're getting at here. You can splice affirmations in suitable places as long as they're short enough to stay subliminal. It helps that you can speed up the fragments without changing the pitch.

I use to use another another program called cool edit pro, but it's no longer around, it's now called audition pritty much the same thing but thats more for music, audacity is good enough for making what i was talking about, audacity is pritty good being a free thing too, yea. Yea you can speed it up too as well thats right.

Quote:
Research would be interesting even if the report was part subjective, about the spacing and base material - like would a song work better than, say, a recording of rain (used during meditation/contemplation). If the recording was long enough (say 6 hours) so you wouldn't use it all at once anticipation wouldn't come into it.

That could be interesting, and you could use the sound of rain fall, i even used Slavic folk music before.. because its awesome. I like lots of music though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlD84j7DcJU

Quote:
Brill! (I use Audacity a fair bit. It can do about 95% of everything I want to do with audio stuff). Great idea.

Thanks Lorelyen.

Brill! The brill (Scophthalmus rhombus) is a species of flatfish in the turbot family (Scophthalmidae) of the order Pleuronectiformes. Brill can be found in the northeast Atlantic, Baltic Sea, and Mediterranean, primarily in deeper offshore waters.[2]

Just playing, nice slang ... oh you use audacity too huh, cool.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Badcopyinc

I have to remind myself to keep doing affirmations because i don't spend much time thinking of how i want my life to be.

But i would say affirmations for me are is using LOA and a confidence building tool.

maybe i should affirm the fact that i create my reality subconsciously.

I'm successful in all things.
I'm abundant in all areas of my life.
I give, receive and I am love.
I affirm who i am and how i want my life to be daily without reminders!
My subconscious directs my life to beauty daily!
Old 02-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Badcopyinc, that is some Rumi quote!

Old 03-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Master
Why do affirmations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I would say cuz when we do not ...our minds may act like a tape recorder
of what it has heard and repeat THAT instead!
''I wish I never had you".
''You'll never get that job."
"You're just like your father..."

Miss Hepburn,

I was absolutely intrigued by your post's question...so much so that I was sparked to find answer(s) that makes sense of my own similar questions.

Basically, the answer(s) I found have to do with reprogramming the "mechanism" responsible for converting our conscious "affirmed" desires into reflected experience: our subconscious minds.

In the references below, I was surprised (though I really should not have been) to discovery WHY the answer to your question about affirmations is really ALL about programming (choosing).

As Infinite, Omnipresent, Omniscient individual embodiments, created of the Spirit and as the Image of the Infinite Essence, Itself we've each chosen to give ourselves the experience of appearing to be limited, though we are NOT, nor have we EVER been limited Beings. We are "here" to see what it feels like to appear limited.

The nexus between the "conscious mind" and the "subconscious mind" is programmable BY affirming the vibrational equivalents we want to CALL FORTH from among an infinite variety of outcomes available to then be accessed by our senses as "resultant" experience(s). It is NOT even necessary to speak affimatively....as long as we feel affirmatively....so the vibrational resonance we affirm can begin and complete, its invisible work. We are each here to LEARN this by EXPERIENCING it for ourselves.

The "trick" is in how long we allow the appearances of limitation fool us into remaining UN-aware that WE, ourselves, are the programmers (Creators) with ALL power to choose what we will vibrationally affirm as our experience. The power of us works "affirmatively" whether or not we know that It does.

The referenced perspectives, below, among many others, have "affirmatively" helped me answer your question, as I have. These, and soooooo many of the excellent posts you, yourself, have contributed to our collective understanding, Dear Lady!

The "gift", the really, juicy part of being "here" is how we discover the following, while yet here:

We have always been Who we truly are, awaiting our own remembrance, on Earth, that I AM THAT I AM, as in Heaven.
Guthrio

...and as stated by Lahiri Mahasaya, in the last line of your signature:

"Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
Lahiri Mahasaya

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=33 SECRETS OF THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND THAT MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=53 "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind"

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...3&postcount=74 Feeling is the Secret

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/nutshell.htm The Whole Thing in a Nutshell

Reference: http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 03-07-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Smile

Yes, yes, yes...it is all about reprogramming our minds so that it sinks into our subconscious minds.
Hopefully it becomes a rock solid belief, unshakeable...esp, when the affirmations come into fruition.
I have said it before...exactly, guthrio!