Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 07-03-2011, 08:45 AM
mattie

Channeling Quality Varies Greatly

Channeling can run the gamut from outlandishly absurd to valuable information & guidance. It’s not hard to sort out.

We should always use our own discernment.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Afro7hundr

This very topic has been no shortage of anxiety for me the past few days.

I'll elaborate once I've reached 15 posts, but it's definitely some serious stuff.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Experiencer
Like others have said discernment is a very important concept. It matters less what others SAY they are doing and more how you feel and respond to the information shared.

One good indicator is how much the channel/channeler wants to convince you of their validity/power and have you believe in them. The very best channelers I have heard do not care if you believe they are real separate entities or just a subconscious portion of themselves. They offer information in an attempt to help others and never wish for you to take what they offer as more important than what you think and feel for yourself. This is information given to empower you.

I don't really worry much about the validity of channeling (how can it really be proved one way of the other), I just take the information and if it is positively presented and helpful to me I use it. If not I let it go and look for something else...

Love and Light
Old 01-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Pathfinder
"If someone tells you something and it empowers you, believe it. If it takes your power away, drop it."

I've never had a reading but I imagine that this would hold true.

Just my two cents.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 PM
SunMist

One time I had a reading where I was told that my guides were telling her to tell me that I should do this, that, and the other thing - self-improvement, energy-work type things. I told her these were all things I had already done or were actively doing, but she kept insisting my guides were speaking to her. Then I thought surely my guides know what I've already done?

Another time, different psychic, I was told some very negative information about some people in my life in the name of my protection. It did match the knowledge I already had, but I found it a little scary to get that confirmation. So did it empower me?...in a way, as I was more alert to protect my energies. But in a way it did block viewing those relationships as positively as I might have otherwise.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
Another time, different psychic, I was told some very negative information about some people in my life in the name of my protection. It did match the knowledge I already had, but I found it a little scary to get that confirmation. So did it empower me?...in a way, as I was more alert to protect my energies. But in a way it did block viewing those relationships as positively as I might have otherwise.

Yes, it did empower you. It gave you the chance to make an informed decision. The channel wasn't telling you what choice to make, it just gave you more information.

You could have chosen to accept the situation and still love those people, or you could have chosen to view it negatively. Or you could have chosen to completely disregard it. That was your choice to make and nothing to do with the channel.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:50 AM
mattie

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro7hundr
This very topic has been no shortage of anxiety for me the past few days.

I'll elaborate once I've reached 15 posts, but it's definitely some serious stuff.

What are you anxious about?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
mattie

Productive Unattachment Of Channelers Or Teachers To How Their Information Is Viewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleStrength

One good indicator is how much the channel/channeler wants to convince you of their validity/power and have you believe in them. The very best channelers I have heard do not care if you believe they are real separate entities or just a subconscious portion of themselves. They offer information in an attempt to help others and never wish for you to take what they offer as more important than what you think and feel for yourself. This is information given to empower you.

If a channeler or teacher is invested in pushing their information or convincing others this is usually unproductive attachment to the outcome of their information. If their information is the truth they KNOW that others will recognize it as such. What others do w/ the information is their business & how they progress in their journey, not the channeler’s or teacher’s journey. This unattachment is important for teachers/channelers not to get distracted about the drama of the listener/student's processing of the information.

If a channeler/teacher is overly invested in others believing their information this is a useful red flag that should give pause in the process of discernment.

New or unfamiliar concepts often take exploring numerous times to open up to the idea. Balanced, wise, & experienced teachers know this & aren’t overly concerned about whether a reader/listener/student embraces the idea they are currently presenting as they know the process is often cumulative & must proceed at the other person's comfort level. Astute metaphysical teachers encourage the using of one's personal discernment in vetting information, even that which they are offering.

Ideas that cause others to examine their core beliefs can be very unsettling to some while others embrace them eagerly. People have to explore these on their own timetable. To push new concepts on those who need to process this very slowly can be counterproductive.

It is expected w/ new concepts & paradigm change that many, even most will be resistant to them as they examine these new beliefs. Ideas that were heresy, outlandish, or extremely radical are often considered valid 100 years later & regarded as mainstream thought in 200 years.

As we come into the Aquarian era there are many areas of metaphysical/spiritual thought that are undergoing substantial paradigm change. Those who are involved w/ presenting these new concepts know resistance to these new ideas, exploring, & questioning them is entirely anticipated & just part of the process that should be allowed to unfold as is appropriate for the individual.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:52 AM
mattie

.1% Very Interesting & Worth Noting

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Most of it is a load of old carp. I have seen and been amongst the best over the last fourty years which gives me a very good idea as to what is and what isn't.
99.9% of the tripe and twaddle spouted by the wannabes would be laughable if it wasn't so serious a subject.

It is the .1% that is very interesting & worth discussing.

Some of the rehashed channeling is useful as newbie gateway messages. This is the basic stuff that anyone reviewing metaphysical/spiritual channeling has real 1000s of times. This category of message will not contain any fear generating information or misinformation, but just basic love & light newbie concepts.

It is very useful to openly discuss the material that is ‘tripe and twaddle’ particularly that which could derail others in their spiritual journey as this helps others improve their discernment. Those who are spouting fear mongering rubbish or fleecing the unwary by claiming to be spiritually knowledgable, selling all sorts of completely unnecessary things that will supposedly enlighten us w/o any real effort on our part (as if!!!) are particularly unethical & should be frankly discussed. Some purveyors of misinformation may be well intentioned, but still churning out fear-based information that they believe to be the truth. For their level of development this will be the truth, but this doesn’t make it a Universal truth. Others will be wanting to get in the ‘action‘ of being a channel & will be playing channel. Still others may be wanting to deliberately obfuscate. All of these varieties of channeling should be openly discussed.

In the past much originally good information got woefully off track as it wasn’t open to discussion. One of the least productive practices amongst some groups is that if one doesn’t agree w/ a channeling that one should just move on & not comment. Commenting about flawed information is useful for countless reasons.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
pre-dawn

It shall forever remain a mystery to me why we would want to listen to dead masters when we have almost any number of living ones amongst us. They speak to us through different media, and with a little bit of effort at least some of them will allow us to engage them in a conversation. Why would anybody prefer channeling to that?