Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
True north of a magnet. Sorry but that tickled me and kinda fits in nicely with all this. I used to teach map reading and compass work when I was in the air cadets, and it's quite simple but.... Yeah, I understand what you're saying. .

Just quickly relating to this G.S. as I am signing off for now.

I had a connection with a chap in spirit and I can't remember his name lol, he practised magnet therapy back it the days of black and white t.v's I think lol, he was involved with magnet therapy.

I became interested in it simply because he showed up.

I got two powerful magnets and I thought here I go lets see what all the fuss is about

I was a bit disappointed as these magnet discs where not marked up with the north face and the south face.

This is crucial because each polarity works on your cells in a different way so it's possible that you end up doing the opposite of what you wanted to do lol.

The more I looked into it regarding true north and north relating to the magnets the more confusing and contradicting it became.

I haven't got time to research it all again and i am not that interested but some experts say it's actually the opposite to what is suggested by other science teachers in regards to the magnets..

I can't remember now why there was disagreement but while all these experts were disagreeing with each I thought I would leave them to it .. and pick up my quartz crystal instead

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 23-02-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 23-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Greenslade

Old 24-02-2019, 03:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Does anyone actually spend the time thinking about what's behind their Spirituality and where it comes from? For most I think it's a need for healing, Life itself can be traumatic and you can be left feeling as though you've been through a battlefield. My vote's on that one. I think there are other reasons but it'll most likely come down to a handful.

In this one we ourselves are the only answer because everyone comes to Spirituality for their on motivations and reasons, any surmising about the reasons and the motivations is always going to be just speculation. Yep, I'm guilty of that too but I can't help being curious.

Emotions are phenomena, meaning they're caused by something deeper so they're a part of it, but certainly not the root cause. You can turn to Spirituality because you're full of anger and/or hate but something causes that to manifest inside you in the first place.
I think about it all the time. I blame a over active mind that always seem to what to know how something works. You made some good points, thanks
Old 24-02-2019, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, absolutely..
Negative emotions can lead people towards spirituality, trying to improve life and have better emotions. Experiencing spirituality can also make us chase it more..

We are all fundamentally guided by pleasure in almost everything we do..
be it an enjoyable meal, sex, watching movies, or football, playing games, seeking a fulfilling job, having a good time with people..

Spiritual experience and practice is no different in that regard, it's just a different type of pleasure.. people chase and love the experience of bliss..
It can perhaps be said it's a more refined and 'light' form of pleasure but it's still about pleasure..
and for some it's a inner drive that's really not understood, but it's there.
Old 24-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Just quickly relating to this G.S. as I am signing off for now.

I had a connection with a chap in spirit and I can't remember his name lol, he practised magnet therapy back it the days of black and white t.v's I think lol, he was involved with magnet therapy.

I became interested in it simply because he showed up.

I got two powerful magnets and I thought here I go lets see what all the fuss is about

I was a bit disappointed as these magnet discs where not marked up with the north face and the south face.

This is crucial because each polarity works on your cells in a different way so it's possible that you end up doing the opposite of what you wanted to do lol.

The more I looked into it regarding true north and north relating to the magnets the more confusing and contradicting it became.

I haven't got time to research it all again and i am not that interested but some experts say it's actually the opposite to what is suggested by other science teachers in regards to the magnets..

I can't remember now why there was disagreement but while all these experts were disagreeing with each I thought I would leave them to it .. and pick up my quartz crystal instead

x daz x
Cheers Daz

I just found it a little astounding that the experts would disagree when there are some very simple ways to check, maybe none of them had heard of such a thing as a compass?
Old 24-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I think about it all the time. I blame a over active mind that always seem to what to know how something works. You made some good points, thanks
I'd be interested in finding out how different people's perspectives would be if they dug deep onto their own motivations. For me it was that inner drive, there was a nagging hole where my father should have been and I wanted to know the reason he died and everything else happened after that. I also had this intuitive urge to find out what was making me tick and came across a Spiritual forum, then went to a Spiritualist church. I've never had much interest in the ideologies or the theologies but more of the Spirituality that applies to Life as it's Lived, I guess if you're talking about it you're not doing it.
Old 24-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
I'd be interested in finding out how different people's perspectives would be if they dug deep onto their own motivations. For me it was that inner drive, there was a nagging hole where my father should have been and I wanted to know the reason he died and everything else happened after that. I also had this intuitive urge to find out what was making me tick and came across a Spiritual forum, then went to a Spiritualist church. I've never had much interest in the ideologies or the theologies but more of the Spirituality that applies to Life as it's Lived, I guess if you're talking about it you're not doing it.
My main motivation, is to help people, plant things and watch it grow, to create things I can be proud of. I don't know the story about your father only what you mentioned now. Or about what happened after that. But you can't do anything about yesterday, or even in this moment except to learn from it. But you can change what happens in your future.
Old 24-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
and for some it's a inner drive that's really not understood, but it's there.
There's always a drive. If it's not to seek bliss, then it's an intellectual curiosity (which is yet another form of pleasure).
Old 24-02-2019, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
There's always a drive. If it's not to seek bliss, then it's an intellectual curiosity (which is yet another form of pleasure).
curiosity is a big drive for me too!