Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 26-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Knower
A question about near death moments

This has been on my mind for quite a few years and I've yet to really understand just WHAT it was that I was seeing. (And the few people I've asked have been NO help at all with helping me understand what it was I saw. So, here I am asking.) I'd managed to put it out of my mind until a couple days ago when I had two different past life memories come to me, both from different times and lives, but with one very large and glaring detail in common.

Mind you, though this is past life-related, it's not so much about the past life memories from a life. It's about the white lighted beings I saw. If anyone can help me understand just who or what it is was that I saw (not just plain blank guessing at what it was), I would really appreciate it.

In one, when my past self had been sparring with a friend, despite knowing full well she was in no danger, the moment her friend dropped her to the ground and placed a practice blade just above her throat (in one of those moves where the better stopps just short of doing any harm as if to go 'See? THIS is how well trained I am. With enough practice, you can be this good too.') present me watched as this white light being lept out of my past self's body, as if trying to escape before any harm could be done. What really got me was, for just that moment, that white lighted glowy being hovered over my past self, looking down at her, and she up at it. Sorta like they were both one in the same, one of the same being. Then, realizing that there was no real danger, the white lighted glowy being returned to my past self's body. My past self, either not aware of what just happened or had forgotten it just that fast, was helped up to her feet by her friend and both went on like it was no big deal to continue sparring.

In another, I had been part of a group that was exploring a cave system underground. The group had been attacked by natives to the caves, but my past self distracted them long enough for the rest of the group to make a safe escape. Unfortunately, she was very severely injured and left for dead by the natives. After passing out then returning to consciousness some time later, she tried to get up but her injuries were pretty bad. She wanted to give up. At first one, then another of the glowy, white lighted beings appeared. The first reminding me a LOT of the previous past life moment. Unlike before, this time it / she spoke, urging my past self to stand up and keep walking. Clearly distraught and fearful of the situation.
When my past life self said that she couldn't keep going, that's when the other, this time much more masculine, white lighted glowy being appeared and outright ordered her to stand up. As if, in spirit, in energy form, whatever, his orders for her to stand up and keep moving pulled my past self up to my feet and gave her the "shove" she needed to keep moving.
Despite blacking out several times, she managed to find her group of fellow cave explorers before completely passing out from her injuries.

Now, it's not like I'm not use to past life memories bubbling up to my conscious mind. It's nothing new for me.
It's not like I've never seen my past life self injured, die, or be killed. Seen that plenty of times.
However, the white lighted beings bit... that is new for me.

Does anyone know who or what these white lighted beings were that I described? Have you seen any yourself?

And in case you're wondering, they did NOT look all wing-y and angelic like

They looked a lot more like this. (These pics aren't perfect but, dang it, finding close enough pics of what I was seeing was not easy.)

I could clearly enough see from the hips up. Totally human. But from the hips down was more wispy / smokey / fog-like and tail-like with what you'd see from a genie or something. (though the third picture listed above has the bottom part looking more most correct. All glowy and white and whispy.)

I could guess that maybe that was some astral part of me or my soul or ... something? But that's a totally wild guess. I have no clue just what they were. I can see what I was looking at, I can describe it, but that doesn't mean that I have any idea just WHAT it was (and that's the part that's bothering me. I just don't know for sure.).

It also kinda surprised me, in the memories from the cave exploration, how outright worried and kinda scared that one was for my past life self's safety, not wanting her to die. Afraid that she would die if she gave up and didn't keep going.

I'd appreciate any clarity you can offer about this. Thanks in advance!
Old 26-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes I have seen one of them, a beautiful male, he came to me during this life. Glowing white, like he was made of light. But I only saw his top half, not the bottom. I think the top half was most materialised too.

From what I have gathered this being is part of my larger multi-dimensional self, and we have a few of them and they can be part of our soul... the first one you described sounds like the soul of your past life, the second one sounds like the higher guides which are still YOU but not your soul, rather like brother or sister souls who are a part of your soul.

I do know exactly what you mean in the descriptions, the pictures caught my eye mostly as I have been trying to use pictures to convey what I saw too.

Our soul and brother sister selves care about us to a great extent, they won't want us to die before the time is right, so they will likely be worried for us. When we are incarnated they too feel human emotions just as we do, they are connected to us on a telepathic level.
Old 26-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Knower
ScarlettHayden, thank you so much for taking the time out to help me with this! I appreciate it!

Also, YAY!! You know what I'm talking about! It always makes things easier when that happens. ^_^

Maybe this would be the best place to ask, since this has been a question that's been stuck in my mind for the longest time.
Could you please explain to me what the whole nutshell is for what makes 'us'?
So, I know about our higher self.
I know about our incarnated self.
Thanks to you I understand a bit about our soul and brother, sister selves, but I really don't understand how it all fits together. And is that all there is to it or are there more parts?

Also, a bit side tracked from the main topic but not that far off.
It's been bothering me that I can't find the thread on here that I read it from, but one person posted about how a friend of theirs had been depressed and took his own life by shooting himself in the head. Afterwords, he came to visit her, checking up with her ( ? ), and she'd commented about how he was still 'wearing' the gunshot injury as a sort of punishment for having left before his time / given up. Eventually he was allowed to no longer wear it and had gone through a healing process to overcome having taking his own incarnated life, but still.
(Not that surprised since I've had several loved ones who've passed over come back and visit me, check up on me, let me know that they're just fine. It's one thing to read it about someone else. It's something else entirely when it's happening to you and you're all like 'OMG! THis is totally for real! O__O!!! OMG')
What bugs me is, okay, so our higher self is connected to our incarnated self. I understand that bit. And that our higher self can influence our incarnated self. But, what I don't understand is, why should our higher self get punished (as in the above example) and have to go around wearing the injury when it was their incarnated self that made that act? I could understand if our higher self was 100% totally in control of their incarnated avatar form and was fully aware of why they were here, what their purpose was, what they had to go through / to learn, etc.
But, the way it is for most people, if the above is how it really is, seems really unfair. We incarnate here with no memories of who we are, what we are, where we're from, about our higher self, our purpose, etc. The most we get are feelings and inclinations that shape our actions on a much more subtle (perhaps subconsious ?) level. It seems unfair that our higher self, in any form, has to get punished for the actions of their incarnated avatar, especially if the higher self's goal is goal A and what the incarnated avatar did was somewhere, like, goal Pancakes.

I know that's a bit of a rambling vent, but when I read that, it really got me confused, and moreso since I don't have a bigger picture understanding of how all of "that" works.

Think you could help fill in the blanks for me, if you're able to?
Old 26-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Knower
sorry, accidentally double posted!
Old 27-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Master
LoneFlower, I agree with Scarlett that the first incident was an aspect of your soul. Shaman believe that is exactly what happens, sometimes several times in our life, and that the soul aspect needs assistance returning to the physical body, hence why a soul retrieval is done.

The second incident you mention, where my thoughts differ from Scarlett's is that to my mind those others, are all you as well, in every sense. They are the yous living through those timelines you often experience as "past lives".

I have experienced being the 'lighted being'. Accompanying my dead physical body during one of those "past lives".

ps: I guess I should explain, that I don't see time in a linear sense. It is all happening now! which I understand it isn't easy to wrap your mind around.
Old 27-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
The second incident you mention, where my thoughts differ from Scarlett's is that to my mind those others, are all you as well, in every sense. They are the yous living through those timelines you often experience as "past lives".

This is more what I was referring to but in body they tend to appear separate to us and more like brother or sister souls... but they are ultimately us.

Since time doesn't work linearly, they are us but also unique expressions of us. There will never be another 'Scarlett' :) Those other me's are not experiencing themselves as Scarlett is but their essence is still mine. If that makes sense....

I try not to go too complex on these things, I think you did explain it better than me!

There are however a few things I want to amend from my original post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneFlower
ScarlettHayden, thank you so much for taking the time out to help me with this! I appreciate it!

I said that the being you saw in your first past life memory would have been your soul but my understanding of these things is fluctuating currently and I think what you saw was your higher self, higher self being the part of the soul which links to the incarnated personality. You can imagine the link like this: Soul -> Higher Self -> Personality

They are all the same but the soul contains and links up all aspects, meaning that if the personality was still in the body at the time the light being came out of the body, then the soul as the personality aspect would still be in the body too. It is only the higher self aspect that was concerned and was probably ready to take you as the personality into itself if death were to occur, so a merging would likely happen if the personality was ready for that (more detail further below).

Now onto your other questions:

Quote:
Could you please explain to me what the whole nutshell is for what makes 'us'?
So, I know about our higher self.
I know about our incarnated self.
Thanks to you I understand a bit about our soul and brother, sister selves, but I really don't understand how it all fits together. And is that all there is to it or are there more parts?

I hope I've explained well above along with skygazer's answer. Imagine those russian dolls, you know how they go one inside the other progressively getting larger or smaller? Well imagine the smallest one is you as the incarnated personality, then the next one up is the your higher self, the one up from that is your soul. They all contain you but they are also individual aspects. The higher up you go with this the more 'YOUs' become a part of your entire multidimensional being. So that includes past and future lives, parallel lives, twin flames, soulmates, ect. Each 'soul group' is actually just one huge being experiencing itself in many different ways.

Further down the scale if you want to imagine that there are smaller russian dolls inside your own russian doll (that is of the incarnated personality), we have our inner child, our shadow aspect/s, and our elemental selves. Generally these correspond to the chakras too, so you as the incarnated personality will be at the third chakra, your inner child at the second, and your elemental selves such as fairies or salamanders there too or at the root chakra. Whilst your higher self will be the heart and your soul at the third eye, your entire soul group chakra is probably the 11th or higher (unsure as I haven't felt this directly yet). So you have many you's extending in both directions. It takes a lot of inner exploration to feel all this LOL yeah it's crazy.

I hope that explains some more for you... ask more questions if not and I can try giving a better understanding.

Quote:
Also, a bit side tracked from the main topic but not that far off.
It's been bothering me that I can't find the thread on here that I read it from, but one person posted about how a friend of theirs had been depressed and took his own life by shooting himself in the head. Afterwords, he came to visit her, checking up with her ( ? ), and she'd commented about how he was still 'wearing' the gunshot injury as a sort of punishment for having left before his time / given up. Eventually he was allowed to no longer wear it and had gone through a healing process to overcome having taking his own incarnated life, but still.

What bugs me is, okay, so our higher self is connected to our incarnated self. I understand that bit. And that our higher self can influence our incarnated self. But, what I don't understand is, why should our higher self get punished (as in the above example) and have to go around wearing the injury when it was their incarnated self that made that act? I could understand if our higher self was 100% totally in control of their incarnated avatar form and was fully aware of why they were here, what their purpose was, what they had to go through / to learn, etc.

That person who died with the gunshot wound, he wasn't fully integrated into his higher self until he had healed. That 'him' was still the incarnated personality, except it wasn't incarnated, it carried on in an astral body. If I can explain this better.... our energy system comprises an astral body, that is a body apart from our physical body that carries our incarnated personality. Since the mind doesn't come from the brain, it is transmitted from the higher self to the astral body to the physical body.

So it's different to the higher self which is loving and knowing of who we are- it carries no trauma. When most people die they carry on in their astral body. So they remain basically the same, they are just not physical. When they start to open up more to love though and heal then they start to integrate their higher self, e.g. their higher self can allow the astral personality to remember itself as a higher embodiment of the soul.

So that person who shot himself, after healing he would not be allowed to wear the gunshot wound as it would not be loving to where his new vibration would now be. We actually have a lot of energy bodies so he might not be at the lowest astral anymore but might be at a higher astral instead which is closer to the higher self body. The more we love ourselves and others the higher we can remember ourselves.

So I hope that makes sense... the higher self doesn't suffer because it is the higher self, but the astral personality can do, as it is at a lower density and vibration to the higher self. Many people think when we die we become amazing immortal light beings who don't need to eat or drink or suffer... actually it's all about the work you put in on earth, because how you are here is how you are going to be there. Nothing really changes, except that what you attract you will attract 100 times more powerful than here as thought creates instant manifestation (for example a negative person might experience a hell like environment but a loving person will go to the higher planes where it's loving and beautiful, and a confused mentally ill person such as one who shoots himself in the head will likely go to a type of hospital where they attract the healing they need to move on).
Old 27-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Master
you gave her lots to mull over, Scarlett.

I'd like to say to the OP that ultimately, this is a personal journey we go on, and that what I share may not necessarily apply to everyone, in fact, I have reason to believe it does not.
Please take it all with a grain of salt. Good luck on your journey.
Old 30-04-2015, 02:16 AM
Knower
ScarlettHayden and Skygazer, Thank you both for taking the time out to help me understand this. I appreciate it a lot <3

Quote:
you gave her lots to mull over, Scarlett.
lol Indeed, and yet, at the same time, it's really filled in a lot of blanks I've had. It's like, I already had some bits and pieces but never understood just how they all fit together. (Sorta like puzzle pieces.) This was sorta like an 'Oohhhh!!! I get it now' sort of explaination for me reading that.
Old 29-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Shannon219

Amazing

I have never seen anything like this before. Sounds and looks very amazing. Thanks for your post!
Old 30-05-2015, 02:25 AM
Knower
You're welcome. ^_^