Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 31-12-2016, 05:56 AM
Pathfinder
raw vs cut stones

A certain practitioner once said in a book that stones are more potent when raw vs cut, as the cutting or drilling process removes the spirit from the stone, I cant verify that to be true or not, but I personally prefer raw.
Old 31-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Pathfinder
Good Question!

I have been working with crystals for decades, and I find some "cut" or Cabbed" crystals to be every bit as potent as some of my whole crystals. I've also had a few Herks break into pieces and found that the pieces each have their own personal "mojo". So I would have to say that while it is a shame and seems somewhat "wasteful" to me, to sacrifice a whole crystal to make a piece of jewelry from a gemmy or high grade spot in it, it really doesn't matter. That being said I prefer to have "whole" raw crystals.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Seeker

I recently acquired a small faceted moldavite and couldn't believe the power emanating from it; it just kept coming in waves. I have a much larger raw moldavite and, though it is powerful, it doesn't come close to the smaller faceted one. Out of curiosity I googled faceted vs unfaceted moldavite and noticed that a number of other people had experienced this same phenomena.Some said their spirit guides had communicated to them that faceted moldavite was much more powerful than raw. Not sure if this also applies to other crystals or if moldavite is unique in this regard.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Pathfinder
I have never heard of moldavite until now, interesting, another interesting one is celanite, its like a flake chocolate bar as it flakes very easy.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Master
Could be that a faceted crystal is stronger because its energy gets more focuses than with a rough piece.
This can also be the case with cut pieces of crystal, esp wands and points of course.
In other cases a cut piece can emit a softer feel, like a sphere or egg shape. Because it lacks points and sticky-out bits, it emits energy almost equally from its surface.
That's why rough stones can feel like they're stronger.

I do think that seeing rough stones as 'whole' is a flawed premise. Rough stones didn't 'grow' like that in Mother Earth. A rough piece used to be part of a large deposit / layer in the earth.
It's not like a rough piece was 'born' in that state. Likely there was digging and explosives involved to get the crystals out of the earth. And means (machinery) to break the larger pieces in smaller, rough pieces.

Maybe, thinking about this now, a polished piece has received more love and care than a rough piece? One way or another someone must have taken care of it to get it carved in a sphere, egg, point etc. Even when that's done with machines. Where rough pieces can be 'manhandled' to reduce their size, a polished piece will have been handled with more care (if it breaks, it can't be sold anymore)
Old 02-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Pathfinder
that is interesting yes, some times feels the way of the rocks and crystals is a good way to find the zone..if that makes sense. Maybe it would be good to go into a crystal cave and really feel the energy yes?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Pathfinder
if any mechanical eggs heads are out there reading this, please do humanity a favour and build a crystal stone theme park

with lionitis roller coasters and quartz crystal merry go round horses, and clouds of crystal water emanating from the bosom-dive electric-sea-saw,

hee haw!

yes please,

sincerly.\
Old 02-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by emberfirehart
... a crystal stone theme park ... yes please,
I'll second that

I prefer the raw stones. Something about them seems more natural , I suppose. But I do like polished stones too.
I keep 10 banded agate discs, 10 and no more, as (pentacle) Taro accessories - although I've yet to figure out just how they work in unison with the pip cards.

I bought a piece of raw lepidolite today. Wasn't planned, I'd just popped into the shop for (snowflake) incense oil, and only cost me loose pocket change.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Even I like raw crystals but I will prefer polished and cut.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:28 AM
Experiencer
For me it's raw crystal clusters all the way. I love the natural look and when they are raw, there is never any question of what they are. My wife would have a completely different opinion however.

I collect large raw crystal clusters and she likes the cut and polished specimens such as spheres and points.

We once had someone drop by our place and they saw some of her spheres and they commented on the " nice coloured glass ornaments "

I didn`t feel like correcting them at the time, but that wouldn`t happen with my large crystal clusters, it`s obvious what they are and where they come from.

I like and appreciate both types of crystals but this is just my preference.