Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Experiencer

Visualisation seems to work pretty well for me. But most of my examples could be taken as chance or luck.. so I'm a little hesitant to spend too much time describing them.

Usually, I visualise when there's a problem that needs fixing, or something I want to happen.

As an example, I wanted to attend a specific seminar that cost $3,500.. which was a bit pricey for me at the time. I asked for the money to attend the seminar. And won nearly $4,000 the next week from our workplace competition; it was also the first time I entered the comp. Funny thing though, a few weeks went by before staff harassed me about buying another ticket, saying that the least I could do was repay some of the money I won.. so I bought a ticket, and won another $1,500. I stopped playing after that.. didn't want to upset anyone in the office.

Similarly, I wanted a new TV for my daughter who was old enough to start talking about TV shows with her friends (we never needed a TV before). We entered a random competition, and two weeks later got a nice 45 inch TV.

Money isn't one of my lessons in this life.. If I don't have enough for something I want, I just ask for the money, and it comes to me. A couple of weeks ago, I got a $9,000 payment for minimal effort; just when money was starting to get a bit tight.

Having said all that.. visualisation isn't helping with my health problems. Which is another way of saying that I have something to gain from this experience that a 'cure' would prevent.
Old 25-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Master

There is quite a lot on this subject, and the question might beggar that those visualizing the glass of water needed it less than those who didn't. So when you don't actually need something, then the need to attain it becomes less, and what you truly desire becomes more, and will manifest all on its own... and all you have to allow it in by being i a state of relaxation. So maybe these people relaxed because that is the path of least resistance to the joy they desire, in whatever form they now so dream it to be... so maybe in the long run they actually would have generated more satisfaction than the other group of non-visualizer? If there comes a better study, then maybe we will get a better image, because if you over-power a system, its first reaction to you getting into balance with what you want is to relax, and from there when you are ready you will receive all sorts of inspired actions. It is quite beautiful really. If you are good at visualizing, and by that generating good feelings of it, do it! Otherwise there is the path of simple meditation where you let go of resistant thought to receive good feeling ones you then can respond to. Each person their own path to happiness. But thanks for the share
Old 25-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralProjectee
You's want to spend time visualizing but you don't want to take 5 minutes to look at a study which questions the very foundation of your time spent visualizing. Makes no sense to me.

In looking at this study I think the take home message is not that visualization doesn't work totally but that we need to spend our time visualizing differently. Proceed at your own risk though.

I was attracted by the subject; I read your opening post; I decided it's not worth the time to click on that link; I browsed the replies; I read your critique in this quoted post, and I decided to give it a try; as i expected it was a waste of time. You don't need, and can't, read all it's read on a subject to form an opinion on that subject. Quite often, from its title or its first paragraph you form a good impression when an article isn't worth your time. With the flood of information we're assaulted today, it's difficult to sort out the garbage without wasting a lot of time.

So, while I disagree with your first paragraph of this post, I agree with your second. As in most cases, a good idea is ineffective, even counterproductive, if implemented incorrectly. Quite often people don't understand the spirit of an idea, a method, a theory, apply it incorrectly, then conclude that it doesn't work.

A better read, in my opinion, is Bob Peterson's "Deja Vu, Synchronicity, Fate, Destiny and the Law of Attraction". Somewhere toward the end he writes:
If you want to attract positive things into your life, the key is to accomplish the spiritual goals of your Higher Self. As long as the lesson is learned, your Higher Self will be happy to shower you with anything you desire in life. In other words, you can do anything and have anything, as long as it doesn't interfere with the spiritual plans of your Higher Self. Half the battle is figuring out what you're supposed to be learning, but almost everyone has repeating patterns. Look for them.
Old 25-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
There is quite a lot on this subject, and the question might beggar that those visualizing the glass of water needed it less than those who didn't. So when you don't actually need something, then the need to attain it becomes less, and what you truly desire becomes more, and will manifest all on its own... and all you have to allow it in by being i a state of relaxation. So maybe these people relaxed because that is the path of least resistance to the joy they desire, in whatever form they now so dream it to be... so maybe in the long run they actually would have generated more satisfaction than the other group of non-visualizer? If there comes a better study, then maybe we will get a better image, because if you over-power a system, its first reaction to you getting into balance with what you want is to relax, and from there when you are ready you will receive all sorts of inspired actions. It is quite beautiful really. If you are good at visualizing, and by that generating good feelings of it, do it! Otherwise there is the path of simple meditation where you let go of resistant thought to receive good feeling ones you then can respond to. Each person their own path to happiness. But thanks for the share
The scientific method is only as good as the one that applies it. It takes a good scientist to devise a test that is not biased by its preconceptions. There are some scientists not worth their name, and there are that kind of journalists too. The Internet is a great drop of knowledge in an ocean of waste, unfortunately.
Old 25-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
The scientific method is only as good as the one that applies it. It takes a good scientist to devise a test that is not biased by its preconceptions. There are some scientists not worth their name, and there are that kind of journalists too. The Internet is a great drop of knowledge in an ocean of waste, unfortunately.
It sounds like it involved psychologists whose experiments are rarely less than suspect to me. The Hawthorne effect could be at work here. The problem with soft sciences is that the experimenters affect the outcome in several ways (far more than the hard sciences). These things are difficult to carry out in vitro, so to speak. Psychologists should stick to their collection of data about social norms.

Old 25-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Knower
Too much posts to reply too.

I am not here to say visualization is worthless. All I am saying is that be careful how you use visualization. Instead of only imagining yourself attaining your goal end your visualization trying to attain it but not quit getting there so that it will create more desire in you to attain that goal. After all the mind is like a muscle. In always imagining life being easy having your goals it's sending a dangerous signal that is OK to slack and have your goal. So use it like a muscle and give it periods of relaxation in having that goal, while also creating tension and desire to attain that goal. This seems like the smartest most balanced thing to do.
Old 25-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Master

Quote:
This seems like the smartest most balanced thing to do.

Nature is probably the laziest thing that exist, always doing things in the most efficient way. So relaxing and letting nature take its course seems like the smartest thing to do.
Old 27-03-2017, 03:57 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Too much posts to reply too.

I am not here to say visualization is worthless. All I am saying is that be careful how you use visualization. Instead of only imagining yourself attaining your goal end your visualization trying to attain it but not quit getting there so that it will create more desire in you to attain that goal. After all the mind is like a muscle. In always imagining life being easy having your goals it's sending a dangerous signal that is OK to slack and have your goal. So use it like a muscle and give it periods of relaxation in having that goal, while also creating tension and desire to attain that goal. This seems like the smartest most balanced thing to do.

I agree and disagree with what you're saying. I think people do have valuable lessons to learn, and we do learn best when 'the going is tough'. But the end goal of each life is for everything to be fun and easy. If you can develop enough to reach this stage, then enjoy it. Not everything needs to be a hassle or a burden.

If I can work and provide a beneficial service to my community and the world in general, then I'm fulfilling part of my goals in life. I shouldn't have to suffer unnecessarily.

In short, people don't need to be uncomfortable to reach their goals. When people are enlightened, life becomes easy. They don't need the hard lessons anymore; they can learn the easy way.. the fun way.

Visualise everything you want, however you want it (assuming you don't want to cause harm to others..). Visualise having that new job or promotion, having money easily, having a great love life, a beautiful family. Visualise your job being easy and fun. Visualise fun activities with friends, having holidays, and quiet nights at home. Visualise your friends and family being happy and healthy. Visualise a better world, the way you want it. Make everything happen!

You are the masters of your future.
Old 27-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
So basically Forbes talks about a study that was done which shows that when you visualize having your end goal that you loose desire to attain that goal then you don't actually do it.
And I look at who writes Forbes magazine, and intuit their motivation ~ me being right or wrong.

I find the results of what you posted to be slanted by Forbes. Why would they wish for people to help themselves? It certainly doesn't profit their business.

And I don't believe I'm just sinical; just wise to life I guess

Respectively, "To each his own" ~