Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I am not a Christian but I can relate to what you have shared, and I have similar beliefs. Although to me heaven and hell are not a place, for me they are a state of being, and yes the light of God is as a fire which burns away the dross so that we can fully embrace our divine nature.

I believe in reincarnation and that people return to Earth to further transform themselves so that they can complete, if there is any such thing, the journey and consciously merge with God. I also believe that heaven and hell became bedtime stories for kids and those stories changed over the centuries.

I do not believe in a devil; a great nemesis of God who punishes bad people. Ever wonder why bad things happen to good people; it may be just their karma, or something they reincarnated to work off. Yes, it is all speculation on my part.

The devil isn't the nemesis of God per say, meaning he is no match for God. Rather he is the only one who stands against God. It's like saying if God wanted to he could obliterate the devil, the devil is powerless against the one who created him, God chooses to let the devil exist in opposition of him as a symbol of his unlimited forgivness and compassion. He respects the devils free will to stand in opposition to him, and God offers his son as a way to evade the devil for any who want it. For those who dont want it, who want the pride of doing everything on their own, well they can do just that! and endure the suffering along the way as well.

It's like saying "God has no enemies, nothing can stand against the might of God. No anti-being entity, no Anti-God, no non-being. There are only those who choose to stand opposite from God, which the Devil/satan/lucifer was the first of.
--

Along those same lines, Lucifer doesn't punish which indicates there is some crime or reason for the punishment. We punish children we want to help become better adults, we torture those we hate. Lucifer tortures all because he hates all humans, regardless of if they deserve it or not he tortures all who let him in through their doubt in God or lack of faith and other good morals.
Old 23-12-2016, 02:07 AM
Seeker

Satan and devil are two different beings the Satan is a angel of god who is like a district attorney. The Satan originally translates as the tempter. The devil is a New Testament creation. The devil translates as the Adversary . Also the name lucid we which most people use from the Old Testament was referring to the king of Babylon. Also god says himself that he creates evil. Refer to Iseiah 45:7
Old 23-12-2016, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
The devil isn't the nemesis of God per say, meaning he is no match for God. Rather he is the only one who stands against God. It's like saying if God wanted to he could obliterate the devil, the devil is powerless against the one who created him, God chooses to let the devil exist in opposition of him as a symbol of his unlimited forgivness and compassion. He respects the devils free will to stand in opposition to him, and God offers his son as a way to evade the devil for any who want it. For those who dont want it, who want the pride of doing everything on their own, well they can do just that! and endure the suffering along the way as well.

It's like saying "God has no enemies, nothing can stand against the might of God. No anti-being entity, no Anti-God, no non-being. There are only those who choose to stand opposite from God, which the Devil/satan/lucifer was the first of.
--

Along those same lines, Lucifer doesn't punish which indicates there is some crime or reason for the punishment. We punish children we want to help become better adults, we torture those we hate. Lucifer tortures all because he hates all humans, regardless of if they deserve it or not he tortures all who let him in through their doubt in God or lack of faith and other good morals.

I really don't care I still don't believe that there is any such thing as the devil or Satan!
Old 23-12-2016, 06:24 AM
Ascender
Hell is on earth.
Old 23-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Suspended
Knower

No, both are different places and we have to go either of these two places on the basis of our deeds called karma. and we are treated quite differently in these two places. In heaven there is all the happiness, peace and satisfaction on the other hand we will get punished in hell and there is sorrow and pain all around.
Old 23-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Seeker

I never said anyone had to agree with me. I just share my belief to give others a new perspective. But if what I speak does not align with your spirit please ignore me and move on. What I have to say is not for you.