Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Malathion

Tibetan Tektite.

Hello.

I've recently gotten into collecting crystals, minerals, and gem-stones for their metaphysical properties. I've read quite a bit about Moldavite on this forum and elsewhere on the Internet. I know that it is a Tektite with a high vibration that is overwhelming. Unfortunately, due to an insufficient budget Instead of buying a nice chunk of Moldavite I was forced to purchase an alternative to Moldavite known as Tibetan Tektite.

The owner of the Crystal store told me that it also has a high vibration like Moldavite as well as similar properties. It's an elongated black piece pitted with little holes; instead of translucent green like Moldavite. I have found little-to-no information about Tibetan Tektite, it's metaphysical properties, or it's likeness to Moldavite on the Internet.

I was wondering if anyone could share any information regarding Tibetan Tektite and it's metaphysical properties? I'm hoping that I didn't get duped by purchasing a piece of Tibetan Tektite instead of shelling out for some Moldavite.

Cheers,
- Malathion.
Old 13-11-2012, 02:35 AM
MYFIGO

I think you did all right and were not mislead. If you GOOGLE "Book of Stones Tektite" you can read a couple of pages straight from the book that I think will make you happy.

According to the book, Tibetan Monks referred to it as the "stone of Shambhala".
Old 13-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by malathion
Hello.

I've recently gotten into collecting crystals, minerals, and gem-stones for their metaphysical properties. I've read quite a bit about Moldavite on this forum and elsewhere on the Internet. I know that it is a Tektite with a high vibration that is overwhelming. Unfortunately, due to an insufficient budget Instead of buying a nice chunk of Moldavite I was forced to purchase an alternative to Moldavite known as Tibetan Tektite.

The owner of the Crystal store told me that it also has a high vibration like Moldavite as well as similar properties. It's an elongated black piece pitted with little holes; instead of translucent green like Moldavite. I have found little-to-no information about Tibetan Tektite, it's metaphysical properties, or it's likeness to Moldavite on the Internet.

I was wondering if anyone could share any information regarding Tibetan Tektite and it's metaphysical properties? I'm hoping that I didn't get duped by purchasing a piece of Tibetan Tektite instead of shelling out for some Moldavite.

Cheers,
- Malathion.

The problem with Tibetan Tektites (in the tektite community known as Tibetanites) is that most of them being sold as Tibetan Tektites are not genuine. They are real tektites but they are almost always the much more common tektite Indochinite, or Thailandite. Real Tibetanites fell in Tibet which as you probably know is close to China, but there is a difference between the two. They pretty much look close to the same they are very similar looking in almost every aspect but the locality of where a piece drops can totally change it in many ways. The variations in Moldavite of different localities alone is incredibly vast as well as most other tektites. Phillipinites come in several different variations as well. I imagine Tibetanite is a variation of a Indochinite, but it's still not the exact same thing. Where the piece falls determines it's elemental and chemical make-up and so there are differences between the variations of each tektite sub-group, and sub-type. The chemical make-up of a stone plays a huge role in it's metaphysical properties. One piece of Moldavite will have more iron in it than another giving it a deeper green color, well more iron in a stone gives it a different metaphysical property.

Real Tibetanites are worth quite a lot more than Indochinites as well as Thailandites. The real Tibetan Tektites that the books are speaking about fell in Tibet, not China or Thailand and were worn smooth by the hands of Tibetan Monks over generations of holding them and using them in their rituals. As you can imagine all this work the Monks did with the Tibetanites instilled incredible metaphysical properties and powers into the Tibetanites. Unfortunately 99.9% of the stuff being sold as Tibetanites didn't fall in Tibet, a Monk never touched it, and doesn't have the same mystical properties. All tektites have metaphysical properties but the Monks working with them for countless generations amplified their true power. Thanks for listening!
Old 13-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Malathion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
...Real Tibetanites are worth quite a lot more than Indochinites as well as Thailandites. The real Tibetan Tektites that the books are speaking about fell in Tibet, not China or Thailand and were worn smooth by the hands of Tibetan Monks over generations of holding them and using them in their rituals. As you can imagine all this work the Monks did with the Tibetanites instilled incredible metaphysical properties and powers into the Tibetanites. Unfortunately 99.9% of the stuff being sold as Tibetanites didn't fall in Tibet, a Monk never touched it, and doesn't have the same mystical properties. All tektites have metaphysical properties but the Monks working with them for countless generations amplified their true power. Thanks for listening!

Thanks for both of your input. It's good to know that this was actually a very good buy. It was a less than a third the price of Moldavite.

Here is a picture of my Tibetanite. It's smoothed out and fits in the hand with ease. I believe that it was probably from Tibet and/or used by a Monk, like you've suggested, Astral Explorer.

h ttp://s1285.beta.photobucket.com/user/Malathion1/media/TibetanTektite001.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Cheers,
- Malathion.
Old 14-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by malathion
Thanks for both of your input. It's good to know that this was actually a very good buy. It was a less than a third the price of Moldavite.

Here is a picture of my Tibetanite. It's smoothed out and fits in the hand with ease. I believe that it was probably from Tibet and/or used by a Monk, like you've suggested, Astral Explorer.

h ttp://s1285.beta.photobucket.com/user/Malathion1/media/TibetanTektite001.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Cheers,
- Malathion.

To be honest it looks a bit too shiny to me to be a Tibetan Tektite. Real Tibetan Tektites are cheaper than Moldavite is. The point is not that it's cheaper than Moldavite, the point is that you're paying a third of the value of Moldavite for a tektite that is worth less than a 10th of what Moldavite is worth. Your piece looks like a Thailandite or Indochinite dumbbell to me honestly. Tibetanites are much less shiny, their smoothness is more like a velvet smoothness. Thailandites and Indochinites are a shiny surface, Tibetan Tektites I am sure were shiny before Monk's hands wore them down into a velvety smoothness. I would be willing to bet all of my Moldavite that your "Tibetan Tektite" is a Thailandite or a Indochinite, not trying to be ignorant just honest. Thailandites are worth more than the cheaper Indochinite but both of them surely don't have all the metaphysical powers proclaimed in the rare Tibetan Tektite. I am going to show you some pictures of all of them so you can see what I am basing my assumption on.

Indochinite dumbbell:

Thailandite dumbbell & ball:

Real Tibetanites (Tibetan Tektites)

It's probably hard to see with the thumbnails on here. I would click on the Tibetan Tektite one and get a good look at it. They have what is known as a matte surface. Moldavites have matte surfaces that were passed through rivers and sandy river beds, etched Moldavite sat in clayey soil for millions of years and the acids etched the surface slowly. Indochinites & Thailandites have a smooth, shiny, and pitted surface. Tibetanites I am sure had the same surface before Monk's hands wore down the deep pitting into shallow pitting and gave them a matte surface exterior. You have to think about it like this there was only so many tektites that fell in Tibet that Monk's got their hands on, Tibet is only so big. The real ones were worn down over countless years and unless Tibet has an army of Monk's rubbing and meditating with tektites that fell in Tibet 24-7 to supply to the demand that is far greater than the supply. Then people are selling you Indochinites & Thailandites.
Old 14-11-2012, 12:13 AM
MYFIGO

I love it! The shape is perfect. I think it has a great deal of personality!
Old 14-11-2012, 12:32 AM
MYFIGO

I'd be interested in hearing what experiences you have with your new stone. Meditation would seem to be the best way to know what the stone is capable of.

Good luck with it and please post your experiences!
Old 14-11-2012, 02:26 AM
Master
Still waiting to hear from the guy about the Tibetan Tektite, no response yet so that may be a bad sign. He said his wife mentioned to him she saw one while sorting through their stuff, that it's probably one someone bought long ago and never paid for. So hopefully she was right, I really want to own a genuine one.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Master
OMG I am so upset. My Tibetan Tektite broke! Like a quarter of it shattered off somehow and now it has a huge glassy fracture. 35$ down the drain. I was using it a lot too now I can't cause it's sharp and would likely cut me in my sleep. Don't know what I am going to do, I am so upset.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Likes2Read

Oh no :( I'm so sorry!

Maybe you can use a medicine pouch during the night? That would keep sharp edges from cutting you and you could still have it near you, in your energy field. I've seen some lovely medicine pouches made from seed beads. But if you prefer a different style, it should be easy to find something that suits you.

When you're awake, I'm sure you'll be able to handle it safely. It's just the nighttime when you'd have to use a little protection to avoid touching an edge.

Given the history of all tektites (formed during a truly massive impact) and the length of time that Tibetanites have been owned and handled, it might have had internal stresses that no one could have seen, or have suffered prior falls that left it vulnerable to something like this happening. Sigh.