Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Pathfinder
Astral Projection or a Dream?

Last week I had a experience where I was in a dream state I believe, I was laying in my bed and my body began to slowly levitate above my mattress and I was gradually going higher up. I was really nervous because this was the first time anything like this has happened to me.

Was I on the path to Astral Projection or was it just a Dream?
Old 14-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Hello

This does sound like Astral so if it happens again try and relax a bit more and try to move around the room a bit.

What could make it more a dream is that you did not come crashing back in when the nerves took over, or maybe you just felt that way and the event was OK with your body.

Its always hard to say when it just happens until there are more events.

Lynn
Old 14-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Knower

Hi! I cant seem to find where to post so ill steal your threaf:)
im lying comfortably on my bed and for the third time in two days my higher self has guided me to hold my breath, it feels like astral pro. (though ive never done it. My questuon is, can your physical body for example get up take a knife and stab itself to death while you project? (only thing holding me back, i think) -August! Answer deeply appreciated:)
Old 16-11-2016, 12:27 AM
Master

To August , most people would say no. Only your conscious mind could direct your body.
Old 18-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
Hi! I cant seem to find where to post so ill steal your threaf:)
im lying comfortably on my bed and for the third time in two days my higher self has guided me to hold my breath, it feels like astral pro. (though ive never done it. My questuon is, can your physical body for example get up take a knife and stab itself to death while you project? (only thing holding me back, i think) -August! Answer deeply appreciated:)
I have heard your body can't move when you astral p. It stays in the same position you left.
Old 28-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Knower

thanks guys! Could it be dangerous to hold your breath though?
Old 30-01-2017, 06:13 AM
Seeker
Are you thinking about doing that?

Casey
Old 30-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi
Your higher self might be guiding you to do some breathing exercise.
If you hold your breath you cannot hold it beyond a natural period of time because your body will automatically let the breath go and start breathing so it is not dangerous in any way.
I do some breathing work where I hold my beeath for 10-15 seconds and let go to slow my breathing and breath in from the stomach rather than the chest. You can concentrate on feeling your stomach fill and contract. You can also breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.
I don't think your higher self is meaning you to hold your breath for ever.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Last week I had a experience where I was in a dream state I believe, I was laying in my bed and my body began to slowly levitate above my mattress and I was gradually going higher up. I was really nervous because this was the first time anything like this has happened to me.

Was I on the path to Astral Projection or was it just a Dream?

I'll "steal" your thread too :) The similar thing happened to me. I had 3 lucid dreams last night. I would "wake up" from the first lucid dream, but just to find out I'm still dreaming and then the dream got lucid again, and again...I was in a loop of some kind.
I always fly in my lucid dreams. I run through walls and jump from the building to try to fly up into the space (I always dream it's night and see stars and I want to fly to them). But when I start flying, it gets harder and harder to float, and then I wake up.

Anyway, last night, after my three lucid dreams, I saw myself in my room, and my body just went up quickly, I god stuck on the celling. When I realized what happened I saw my bed underneath me and since I was flying again, I tried to turn around and see myself sleeping beneath me. But I couldn't move the way I wanted to. I don't remember what happened then, I guess I woke up.

Does anyone know why do I have these issues? And does anyone have some tips how not to wake up and move better, weather in a dream or astral?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
I'll "steal" your thread too :) The similar thing happened to me. I had 3 lucid dreams last night. I would "wake up" from the first lucid dream, but just to find out I'm still dreaming and then the dream got lucid again, and again...I was in a loop of some kind.
I always fly in my lucid dreams. I run through walls and jump from the building to try to fly up into the space (I always dream it's night and see stars and I want to fly to them). But when I start flying, it gets harder and harder to float, and then I wake up.

Anyway, last night, after my three lucid dreams, I saw myself in my room, and my body just went up quickly, I god stuck on the celling. When I realized what happened I saw my bed underneath me and since I was flying again, I tried to turn around and see myself sleeping beneath me. But I couldn't move the way I wanted to. I don't remember what happened then, I guess I woke up.

Does anyone know why do I have these issues? And does anyone have some tips how not to wake up and move better, weather in a dream or astral?

Reading all these experiences, It seems these episodes only lasts for a very small period of time. I don't last very long with mine. 1 minute tops.

Op sounds very much like an astral trip