Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 AM
DellaRobinson1349

past life or me being crazy (newbie here)

Ok this is going to sound crazy.

My friend Alice told me to come here. I was around hers and she was spraying some lavender and I told her it smelt familer. I do love the smell of lavender but I know I have smelt it before and I can't remember where. It could be down to a memory of when I was younger but I am not sure.

Another thing is in Norwich in Castle Meadow I am convinced there used to be an herb shop with herbs in glass containers there. However when I asked my Mum about the shop she told me there was no shop and asked me who told me there was any such shop. I also told my friend about it and she told me to come on here as most herb shops like that were before I was born.

My favourite historical period is the middle ages. Especially the late middle ages.

My phobias. Well I hate being isolated. My friend once for a wind up cause I had conjunctivitis and he told me they put people in Isolation for it. At that point I believed him. What's worse is that when a teacher wanted to talk to me I totally panicked and ran off out the school convinced I was about to be put in isolation. I was just a kid and I thought nothing of it. However that fear hasn't gone and the thought still terrifies me

when I try to remember anything like when I close my eyes all I remember is the smell of lavender then my mind goes blank.

I just wondered if this is just the way I am or indeed a past life. Any explainations would be great. Thanks
Old 02-01-2014, 03:41 AM
primrose

Della, it sounds like past life memories.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:52 AM
Master

I agree, it does sound like something from your past. It could also be something that occurred when your were little or in the womb. Ask your parents if lavender was a scent they had around or try to recall if you have had any memories associated with the smell- if so then it may be your guides, or your mind in that same state. This would be the same if this occurred in your past life. When you smell lavender, how do you feel as a result? Now meditate on that feeling and see what comes of it. The whole experience/past life memory may pop into your mind or come to you in fragments. :)
Also- think middle ages. At that time, there was the plague. When people had the plague, they became outcasts, isolated so no one else would get sick. So if you had such an experience, or in this present life you had that memory of your friend scare you so badly that isolation became a phobia, then these images would be provoked of the middle ages as well because you can relate to them, and thud learn from them. Everything we like/dislike is the result of having experiences with them, otherwise we could not judge it bad or good. Thus, this fear would be associated with something very bad in your mind's opinion. The way to get past this is by showing your mind that it isn't that bad, or by reprogramming it first so you can handle the experience, then showing it.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 03-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum , yes this may be memories from past lives . You can use one of the many methods to regress back , or have some one do a reading for you . I can post some of the methods if asked.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Initiate

You definitely have reasons to explore that further. If it feels like a past life then it is. I think it's actually concurrent lives rather than past lives but that's just being nit-picky about the subject of 'time' and we have to speak of it in terms of 'past' on the earthly plane.
I've had soooo many dreams of what I believe to be all different past lives. But my first waking experience happened when I went to Tunisia. I was sitting in the room of the man who ended up becoming my husband and looked at his wardrobe and was hit very suddenly and dramatically with a strong memory that actually took my breath away. It was mixed up with dreams, several, that were coming into my head fast and furiously all in one time and it was so emotional. I saw a house and remembered the dream. I knew it was there somewhere, in Tunisia. But this was my first night there and I'd arrived in the dark and as I drove to the house I'd not had any recollection of anything until that moment in that room. My future husband thought I was a little crazy but he seemed to like that about me as he ended up marrying me! haha! But I insisted to him that I'd been there before. Eventually, on my fifth trip to Tunisia, I found the house I'd dreamed of repeatedly. My husband's eyebrows were very raised when it was exactly as I'd described it. I knew when I saw it from the road. And it was mostly hidden from view from there and we had to drive in closer to see it properly. And the upstairs window was exactly where I said it would be and had the exact distant view of the sea that I told him it would have. I also told him to follow me and I would find the shop way on the other side closer to the sea and sure enough it was there! The area had changed a lot since the 'memories' but it WAS the place. So I knew my husband before, we had a baby and were very poor. I also knew another place we'd lived and described that to him but we never found that one. The remarkable thing about that place was that I asked him, 'are there such places in Tunisia where complete strangers share the same house if they are very poor, since this other house there were people living upstairs and we shared the same very very poor kitchen which was hardly even a kitchen but a kind of makeshift cooking place.' He said they definitely do that often in Tunisia and my descriptions sound like many possible real places.
When he came to England for the first time I showed him a recipe I'd cut out from a magazine many, many years ago with a Tunisian recipe and I'd saved it because as I told him, 'I have craved to taste this dish so much that I saved the recipe but I could never get it to taste as I imagined.' By then I'd learned to cook Tunisian food, it was like second nature to me and even his MOTHER said I cooked it like I have always lived there, and I finally knew what the missing ingredients were in the recipe!!! I have no doubt at all about it being alternative lives. I had so much karma to work out with my husband. We have definitely worked it out now!!!!
Please tell me more about your experiences... anything more to add. You can explore this more, hypnosis, meditation... I think it's important because you posted here about it!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Initiate

You definitely have reasons to explore that further. If it feels like a past life then it is. I think it's actually concurrent lives rather than past lives but that's just being nit-picky about the subject of 'time' and we have to speak of it in terms of 'past' on the earthly plane.
I've had soooo many dreams of what I believe to be all different past lives. But my first waking experience happened when I went to Tunisia. I was sitting in the room of the man who ended up becoming my husband and looked at his wardrobe and was hit very suddenly and dramatically with a strong memory that actually took my breath away. It was mixed up with dreams, several, that were coming into my head fast and furiously all in one time and it was so emotional. I saw a house and remembered the dream. I knew it was there somewhere, in Tunisia. But this was my first night there and I'd arrived in the dark and as I drove to the house I'd not had any recollection of anything until that moment in that room. My future husband thought I was a little crazy but he seemed to like that about me as he ended up marrying me! haha! But I insisted to him that I'd been there before. Eventually, on my fifth trip to Tunisia, I found the house I'd dreamed of repeatedly. My husband's eyebrows were very raised when it was exactly as I'd described it. I knew when I saw it from the road. And it was mostly hidden from view from there and we had to drive in closer to see it properly. And the upstairs window was exactly where I said it would be and had the exact distant view of the sea that I told him it would have. I also told him to follow me and I would find the shop way on the other side closer to the sea and sure enough it was there! The area had changed a lot since the 'memories' but it WAS the place. So I knew my husband before, we had a baby and were very poor. I also knew another place we'd lived and described that to him but we never found that one. The remarkable thing about that place was that I asked him, 'are there such places in Tunisia where complete strangers share the same house if they are very poor, since this other house there were people living upstairs and we shared the same very very poor kitchen which was hardly even a kitchen but a kind of makeshift cooking place.' He said they definitely do that often in Tunisia and my descriptions sound like many possible real places.
When he came to England for the first time I showed him a recipe I'd cut out from a magazine many, many years ago with a Tunisian recipe and I'd saved it because as I told him, 'I have craved to taste this dish so much that I saved the recipe but I could never get it to taste as I imagined.' By then I'd learned to cook Tunisian food, it was like second nature to me and even his MOTHER said I cooked it like I have always lived there, and I finally knew what the missing ingredients were in the recipe!!! I have no doubt at all about it being alternative lives. I had so much karma to work out with my husband. We have definitely worked it out now!!!!
Please tell me more about your experiences... anything more to add. You can explore this more, hypnosis, meditation... I think it's important because you posted here about it!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:30 AM
CJ82Sky

tower of london

that was the first thing that came to mind when reading your post. any memories there? falsely accused, something to do with your father paying a tithing to his landlord, bad soil, borrowing a horse to get help, herbs to heal (he had cancer maybe?)

sorry i am getting bits and pieces and dribs and drabs so this is all fragmented. i also have a chest cold which doesn't help my clarity any (or the chianti haha). let me know if any of this makes sense.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:47 PM
DellaRobinson1349

I have asked my Mum about the lavender but she said she has never used lavender and she also said that it does smell sweet and that I seem drawn to sweet smells.
This is true as I seem attracted to herbs and anything sweet.

I also love the colour black. I guess if I did go back to the late middle ages I will be accused of witchcraft.

Well I went to Dragon Hall in Norwich and they had a plague event on. My mate wanted me to go but I saw someone dressed as a plague doctor and I screamed blue murder and ran a mile lol (they always did creep me out for some reason).
So I don't know.

Tower of London. I really don't know if that rings a bell cause I have never been. But I will give it some thought. Sorry for sounding like an idiot and thanks for reading.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellaRobinson1349
I have asked my Mum about the lavender but she said she has never used lavender and she also said that it does smell sweet and that I seem drawn to sweet smells.
This is true as I seem attracted to herbs and anything sweet.

I also love the colour black. I guess if I did go back to the late middle ages I will be accused of witchcraft.

Well I went to Dragon Hall in Norwich and they had a plague event on. My mate wanted me to go but I saw someone dressed as a plague doctor and I screamed blue murder and ran a mile lol (they always did creep me out for some reason).
So I don't know.

Tower of London. I really don't know if that rings a bell cause I have never been. But I will give it some thought. Sorry for sounding like an idiot and thanks for reading.
Sounds about right. :) try exploring this feeling then in the connection with the plague or that period of time, whichever rings your bells. You might get a memory of your past life surfacing. Often, when they surfaced you understand and then you'd feel peaceful with it afterwards because now you know and accept what happened as you are here and now, safe and sound.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/