Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Meeting our deceased loved ones in Astral Projection

I started this thread to ask if anyone during an out of body experience or Astral Projection has met a loved one who "passed on" ? (people or animals)
And if so, did it change your life?
If anyone has any experiences they would like to share, please go ahead...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Suspended
Hiya Tobi

*puts hand up*

The experience that made me question everything happened a few years ago. The deceased person was someone I knew reasonably well from childhood, but wasn't that close to. He was a good 10 years older and when you're young, that's quite a gap. I hadn't seen him for many many years and found out he had committed suicide. The experience was probably around 5 years after he took his own life. I hadn't been thinking about him and if I'm honest, probably hadn't thought of him for years.

I had the classic OBE and went through the nearest wall to change the environment. I found myself on a very empty, but very clean and vibrant street. Everything looked like it had just been washed. I mentally requested that I meet 'someone' (meaning anyone, to chat to) and saw P coming towards me. He looked scruffy and unshaven and quite out of place with the environment. When I recognised him, I rushed over and gave him the biggest hug. We strolled down the street hand in hand and I asked him where he was, how he was doing and so on. We had a good natter. I asked if he lived here. He shook his head and told me he wasn't anywhere as nice as this...but he was in the best place for him at the time. This didn't worry me - in fact it felt very natural as he told me. We continued talking for a while and slowly but surely I lost lucidity and fizzled out.

I have seen him once more, a couple of years later. This was in a lucid dream in a bar. He was with friends. I spotted him and went bounding up so pleased to see him again. I think his friends thought I was a long-lost lover or something!

I asked him this time if he planned on coming back to earth at some point. He told me he hadn't made his mind up yet. He looked really happy with his friends.

Would love to hear your experience(s) too.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator
That is a lovely experience with your friend. I can't say -obviously- but it sounds as if maybe he was emerging from the terrible troubles that caused him to take his own life. Blessings to him, and I hope he gets happier and happier there.

I met my deceased dog during a very brief out of body experience in August 2012. It was truly wonderful to call her name and whistle, and there she came bounding into my bedroom! She got her ears scratched good-and-proper!
That made such a profound change in me it's hard to find words for.
I wrote about the experience in a short blog. (Link below "A dog's after death communications")
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya Tobi

*puts hand up*

Fascinating Squatch! There is so much afoot on "the other side" and I love it when we get these glimpses of what some of those going-ons are!!

Hi Tobi! Thanks for starting this thread! I'm very much looking forward to hearing more about the OBE you had with your doggy companion!

Mine took place about 3 years ago... It took me almost 2 years to tell the story to another without spontaneously forming tears and then having to work my way through those tears to the end... I really didn't talk about it often... most people simply can't relate to such a thing... and by default it opens the doors to all sorts of implications that most simply don't seem to be all that wired for! Many on this forum can easily attest to that... :^)

So about 3 years ago Max, our 5 year old Scotty, started seeming ill... It was an odd thing.. nothing obvious... it was just clear that something was up... We took him to the vet, they found nothing, he was eating, but barely (we later guessed that it may have been a chicken bone obstruction from the day he had recently gotten into the garbage and made a mess of the kitchen floor.. we shortly-after got us a doggy proof garbage can.. never wanted to repeat that again!)

Then one night he seemed off enough that we planned to take him to the vet first thing the next day. He didn't make it another hour... He was a most special dog to us... we have lost dogs before, quite a few over the years but even then it's never easy...

So the next day I was at work (I'm an interior trim carpenter) I had to run to the building supply store and while returning to the job site I could feel Max around me... just as clear-as-clear he was hovering in the cab of the truck as a very distinct vibration, just a hair shy of being physical. He was disoriented, deeply concerned about his current condition, it was like a part of him was overlapping into me. I drove up to the job-site, and happily no one else was there. I went to a back room of the house I was working on and sat on the floor with my back to the wall, relaxed, and said, okay Max, I'm here for you...

I want to spend a moment on what happened next because it says a lot about how we're now considering ourselves as being physical, locked to a body, and yet this body thing is conditional.. we are, and we aren't... we view through the eyes of a body, but should those strict bonds be fractured-while-awake, and we're then free to move separately... using our "energetic layer of self"... we're then exposed to something about ourselves that is fully undefinable in physical terms. I "do" know what it's going to look like the moment I die... I'll just move out of this most interesting shell, in much the same way that I did this morning with Max.

So I tell Max I'm there for him, and while still sitting I lean forward just a little and now I'm two... I can still see and feel my physical body, but now I can also see from another body that is now out of tandem with that one... still sitting... but not connected.... it was then that I saw Max... he was just to my right, he was looking at me cautiously, not sure whether to approach me or not, I could still feel what I was feeling from him before, but now I was getting the visuals.

I told him "Max, it's okay" and held out to him... he came to me a bit lighter and more comforted and layed next to me putting his head on my leg, as he'd done countless times while alive, and I heard/felt him sigh as he lay there. I put the energetic version of my hand on his head and rubbed his neck and ears lovingly, all the while marveling at how real this was (I clearly felt fur)... and feeling so ~honored~ that I was able to be here to comfort him in this way....

So here, we're bound lovingly in this quite wondrous exchange, and then something extraordinary happened that I couldn't have even remotely have anticipated...

Out from the left came bounding-in Teddy... He was the brother to Max who had died about a year earlier after jumping our fence via a snowbank and attacking a moose that had wondered-in close to our home (we lived in the country on acreage). ...and when I say bounding I mean, excited, focused, thrilled that I was there in such a way that was direct and for real. He leaped right up on my chest, and pushing me back a little, in the playful way he used to do often when I sat down to play with him while he was still with us. Again a "very" tactile exchange... fir, body, every bit as physical-feeling but we were all doing this in our non-physical bodies. I actually had to calm him down and maneuver him in such a way that he was positioned to lay down, head near my left leg, but he kept looking at me with this most wondrous smile, and was every bit as excited as I was...

So the three of sat there for about 30 seconds... Max feeling better, exhausted but notably more relaxed, and it felt as though he was about to go to sleep... and Teddy, just a ball of doggy integrity, most pleased with the moment, and grinning from ear to ear..... and my running my fingers through the fur around their ears just sitting there in awe, and feeling like I was witnessing the true meaning of what the word "magic" really is.... And then it faded... it broke-up as though a dial was being turned and the station went out of sync. And I was back in my body by myself in an empty room... but still feeling this deep awe and deeply humbled by this majesty of a most mystical exchange...
Old 10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
StephenK....that is just so profound and beautiful. It brought tears of joy to my eyes.

When I touched my Misty in my out of body experience, it was so amazing, and like you I was thrilled to feel how absolutely herself she felt to my touch. She was so warm! A real warm, living dog. Her ears got all bent back! and the last thing I said to her before I lost the moment and came back to my body was just what I usually said when that happened to her ears - "Shake. I 'm going right now, and when I've gone, shake so you'll straighten your ears out!"
Old 11-01-2013, 02:25 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
StephenK....that is just so profound and beautiful. It brought tears of joy to my eyes.
Actually, me to, as I was writing it. The interesting thing about writing these experiences with this type of focus on detail is that I'm needing to live it again moment by moment in order to track the particulars. My daughter called in the middle of my writing this which served as a nice break... this intensity of such remembrances can almost parallel the original experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
When I touched my Misty in my out of body experience, it was so amazing, and like you I was thrilled to feel how absolutely herself she felt to my touch. She was so warm! A real warm, living dog. Her ears got all bent back! and the last thing I said to her before I lost the moment and came back to my body was just what I usually said when that happened to her ears - "Shake. I 'm going right now, and when I've gone, shake so you'll straighten your ears out!"

It clearly proves that there's much more to this earthly plane than we're conditioned to be aware of.... when we step-out like this, just such an awareness becomes profoundly clear... and it seems to be much easier to do when a great deal of love is involved! :^)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Suspended
I absolutely adored reading your story again Stephen. I know I've read it before a long time ago...but it's such a beautiful experience and a total pleasure to re-read. Thank you for sharing it again.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Quagmire

Earlier this year as I was waking up my childhood cat came up to me with a letter. I remember being happy to see it and thankful for the message. Yet as I woke up it hit my mind that I had forgotten to read the letter so I re-entered the dream and read the message. It simply said: both paths will take you there. The profound thing was that I had just switched path to what I considered plan B.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Master

Interesting story, Stephen. Similar to Tobi and LPC.

Animals alive after death. To be alive after death means they have a soul as we do. Is it just these animals? No how could it be? It's all animals. ALL.
A revelation with the most profound implications.

The unity of all life, something reported again and again and again in NDE accounts, and by disincarnate spiritual teachers like Silver Birch and White Eagle etc.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-01-2013, 02:53 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
To be alive after death means they have a soul as we do. Is it just these animals? No how could it be? It's all animals. ALL.
A revelation with the most profound implications.

Indeed, but then wouldn't an animal having a soul not also be able to choose the life that it's entering into much the way a human would? Would an animal not also be choosing one of challenge at times, while at other times choose one of comparable luxury, as our dogs had chosen with us this time around?

Or is this something only we humans can do? Is an animal simply a victim of random occurrence? Is there a difference in the depth and quality of each? You open more questions than you resolve with this observation....