Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 AM
mattie

Laxative Overuse Dangerous

I don’t buy into we gain weight because we expect too. I have issues w/ what Hays said as well even though I respect her founding a publishing house for metaphysical subjects.

If constipation is an issue, it is likely that intestinal probiotics are depleted. When probiotics are adequate, laxatives aren’t needed. Garden of Life’s Primal Defense Ultra or a similar product w/ multiple types of probiotics can remedy this very quickly. Take probiotics an hour away from food (2 hours after eating a large meal) & don’t take w/ alcohol or antibiotics (natural or prescription).
This isn’t medical advice.

If laxatives are used for weight loss, stop using these. Even if you are having weight gain from stopping, let your body normalize. Eating disorders & overuse of laxatives can be very dangerous for MANY reasons.

Focus on being healthy more than weight. Incorporate gentle exercise like vigorous walks into your routine if you don’t regularly exercise. Resist the urge to compare your self to supermodels’ photographs. Often these are manipulated to make already practically emaciated models look even more rail thin than they are.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:00 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I tend to love myself the way that I am. I am averagely fat I could say. However, all my sister's are very skinny. I like the way that I look and I embrace my little 20 lb over weight. I don't like to look skinny and I love the curve's that I have. I am proud to say I love the fat I have.
Old 28-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Cultures/societies and their ideas can be silly from one to another.
My opinion....have some meat on your bones, for pete's sake, and
be content and enjoy yourself,
If it effects your health, that's another matter.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Newbie ;)

All my life I have been slim or athletic. Last year I had a psychotic episode that lasted quite some time. During this time I put on 20kgs and because of the delusion I had no idea. When I was discharged I looked at myself in the mirror with sane eyes for the first time in a year. I was absolutely shocked and mortified that I had, literally overnight to me, become fat. I started to diet that moment and now 12 months along I have lost the 20kgs
Old 06-05-2019, 04:35 AM
Knower
Fat people are fat because they are.

Skinny people are skinny because they are.

We are as we are.

There is no right or wrong in this universe, only cost, benefit, and change.

My mother-in-law is fat because of hormonal imbalances, poor dietary choices, and a sedentary lifestyle. Hopefully her new diet does her well, bless her heart. As to her depth of self-love, she often cautions my husband and I that "we can't love others unless we love ourselves", so I can only assume she practices what she preaches. My mother is fat because she thinks she is, although most people disagree; she's probably a healthy weight, just too neurotic to see herself clearly in the mirror. Same for most others in my family.

Me? I'm fat because I've been severely underweight for a good few years, and I've worked hard (sat on my rump and ate cake) to gain this weight. My "fat" is a healthy amount of adipose tissue, necessary for the immune system and nervous system, without unduly straining my heart. Both too little and too much fat can strain the heart. Some people, such as my mom, might see my enlarged teats and rump as too much. But nevermind her, she knows not what she does. Thus I'm fat because I DO love myself.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Well, I'm rather thin and I don't particulary like myself. Problem with some new age folk is the same as religious people, instead of bringing the devil into it they say everything is caused by karma and law of attraction or thoughts.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Knower
I'm a fat guy. I'm 5'6" and 235 lbs, I wear size 44 pants, and I like myself just as I am. I have to clarify and say I don't have one of those big round protruding or blubbery bellies that overflows my belt. I just have a very thick midsection, but I'm fat nevertheless. The scale number itself has to do with having been a powerlifter for a lot of years. I can't attribute the belly to the gym. I've dieted and done cardio (I was a runner and a mountain biker) over the years, with some success... depending on what one defines "success" to be. My health seems to be good, except for the not entirely successful lumbar fusion I had 3 1/2 years ago. So yeah, I'm fat and I like myself.