Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Master
Sad on the other side

It goes without saying that we are sad when a loved one leaves us, but surely they are sad to have left us ?

A couple of movies (the names i cannot remember) i've seen shows people who have crossed over, wanting to go back to their physical life and wanting to be with their loved ones.

Surely, there's a case for that in reality as well ?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Master
Especially those who have left suddenly, for instance an unexpected and unnatural death ?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Master

I've read of some that crossed over unexpectedly or were unwilling to go cooperatively. And yes, some are angry or frustrated. They still have attachment to this plane and those they left behind.

But most seem to be happy to be on the other side. They can still assist their family members and influence their decisions and help them during a crisis.

I will be glad to have these trials put aside and will not regret my passing.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:56 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
It goes without saying that we are sad when a loved one leaves us, but surely they are sad to have left us ?

A couple of movies (the names i cannot remember) i've seen shows people who have crossed over, wanting to go back to their physical life and wanting to be with their loved ones.

Surely, there's a case for that in reality as well ?

From my own experience & from what I've read, the love in the spirit world fills the entire soul so that there be no need to go back to help loved one fulfill their destiny ...
Their love continues & the living learn to love them in spirit ...

My husband was killed suddenly & tragically ...
I felt him cross over; I also received an ADC at his TOD; we were miles apart ...
I'm certain he intuitively sensed something major was in store for him about a year before he was killed ...
Two weeks prior to his death his changed behavior was far more pronounced ...
He was serene lost in thought & wanted nothing more than to spend time w/me & our kids ...
Very unlike him; he was quite the social butterful & a talker ...
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Master
As other people have said, initially, those who die may be disoriented.

But the thing is--they aren't separated from us. They are well aware of where we are, what we are doing, what we are thinking. I think the only sadness on their part is that we are not able to be open enough to communicate with them and we are sad. Once you overcome that hurdle, you realize that you will always have them, whenever you want.

Lora
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Kotori

There is a certain medium who has always said "that our loved ones don't miss us the same way we miss them because our loved ones can be with us anytime they want." I believe what he says to an extent. The spirits can be with us anytime they want, but they can't interact with us, it's just not the same.

In the past when I've recorded EVPs I've asked spirits if they missed life on earth. The answer I received was "I miss my family." I believe the spirits miss spending time interacting with their family and that makes them sad.

About a month ago, I received a Class A EVP from a male soul who sounded like he was somewhere between his mid to late teens. His message was simple, he said, "Really my family. Jim it's Jeff." I felt so said for this soul, he obviously wanted to get a message through to his family and there was nothing I could do for him. A friend persuaded me to post his message on YouTube, so I did. She feels if his family is meant to see the message they will, because spirit works in mysterious ways. I really hope so, but it kinda seems like a needle in a haystack.

Last edited by Kotori : 03-12-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Well, yeah. There will definitely be spirits whose life ended when they weren't ready to, particularly if it wasn't on an exit point. I think those are the spirits that tend to reincarnate again the quickest.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Kotori

Well, I tried to post a link to the EVP, but I was told that I had to have at least 15 prior posts before I could post a link. Yet, I have 17. Oh well, I thought it would be nice EVP evidence that the spirits do indeed miss their family.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotori
There is a certain medium who has always said "that our loved ones don't miss us the same way we miss them because our loved ones can be with us anytime they want." I believe what he says to an extent. The spirits can be with us anytime they want, but they can't interact with us, it's just not the same.

In the past when I've recorded EVPs I've asked spirits if they missed life on earth. The answer I received was "I miss my family." I believe the spirits miss spending time interacting with their family and that makes them sad.

About a month ago, I received a Class A EVP from a male soul who sounded like he was somewhere between his mid to late teens. His message was simple, he said, "Really my family. Jim it's Jeff." I felt so said for this soul, he obviously wanted to get a message through to his family and there was nothing I could do for him. A friend persuaded me to post his message on YouTube, so I did. She feels if his family is meant to see the message they will, because spirit works in mysterious ways. I really hope so, but it kinda seems like a needle in a haystack.

Pardon me, but what pray-tell is an EVP?!
As for the whole needle in a haystack thing, I wouldn't necessarily knock the idea. If a spirit wants to use you as a vehicle to communicate with someone else, then they'll push you in the direction they want you to go.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Kotori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
Pardon me, but what pray-tell is an EVP?!
As for the whole needle in a haystack thing, I wouldn't necessarily knock the idea. If a spirit wants to use you as a vehicle to communicate with someone else, then they'll push you in the direction they want you to go.

EVP stands for electronic voice phenomenon. Basically, I record spirits.

I have been able to hear spirits , not thoughts in my head, but actually hear spirits with my ears since I was a small child. Sometimes I catch what they are saying, and sometimes it just sounds like mumbling, like a TV on in another room, but you can't hear the words.

After my son passed, I started recording these voices on digital recorders in the hopes of hearing from my son. I'm happy to say I have been successful!