Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Lorelyen

They probably go to heaven if they've beehived themselves and said their prayers often. A praying mantis told me she thought it quite important.
Old 25-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
People who think they have been to heaven, but have they? Whose to say they were not just within their minds.

No idea, honestly. Maybe, maybe not.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:37 AM
bartholomew

Any mention of heaven has to begin with the idea of the spirit worlds in general. I was taught that "heaven" was a word that described where we humans go after death. I have a somewhat broader view now. Back up a bit and remember that the physical Earth is surrounded by less tangible (from our point of view) concentric shells. The lower, the ethereal, is one that is essential to physical life. We are always connected to it. All animals are too. Everything that is either biologically alive or not has an ethereal counterpart. The next up is the astral shell. Here, being connected to it, we humans and most other higher animals are able to express emotionally. The next higher is the mental plane. Higher animals are able to think only because they have close ties to this area in spirit. The highest part of the mental and other yet higher planes are those which enable we humans to think in abstract terms.

Now let's go back to higher animals. Can a dog imagine? Yes they can. They also dream. There are limits though in the degree to which they are thus enabled. A bit further down the scale are the domesticated animals. These have learned much from their association with humans. They can reason to a degree but are unable to reach as high up as can a smart dog or cat. Descend now to insects. The apex of their ability is to be emotional. Even though these feelings are prompted by pain or pleasure, smell or sight they thus interact in their world. It is much the same with the smaller life forms except that single celled animals react only in very limited ways to their surroundings.

Now visualize the Earth as a whole. The smaller globe is the physical. The next is the ethereal as was said. The Earth's ethereal plane has a curious center of dynamic activity, we call this a chakra, through which "matter" from other planes is channeled. Next is the Astral. It, too, has a chakra. The mental plane of the Earth does too. We can see now that the whole of the Earth is much like a human being. We are tangible through the etherea. We are emotional through the astral. We are mental through the mental. We express divinity and other higher aspects through those higher corresponding planes which also exist near to the Earth. It is out set of chakras that connects us. It is thus literally true that we are "of the Earth". The inquirer will soon discover that it is through these subtle connectors that all psychic ability and also telepathy is conducted. The various subtle Earth planes are the mediums through which we have the ability to intuit the world around us. This is a well known fact to esotericists but one which is seldom taught or spoken of.

The planes of the Earths are also the "heavens" of the Earth. When we pass we go to the astral where we abide for a time. Later we pass again and return to the plane of souls which is at the higher end of the mental plane. Higher animals do likewise but they stop at a lower sub plane on the metal if they are domesticated. Most other animals ascend only the astral. The simpler forms ascend too after death but they pass only to the lower astral where they, almost immediately are returned for another life.

We can see in the above that all biological life forms do, indeed, go to heaven but that heaven is a multi tiered place. This topic is one that is incredibly complex. What is given here is only marginally adequate. An interesting thing, though, is that when we are in our more permanent homes in heaven we can go to a place where we can have a visit with the souls of loved pets. Yes, all forms have souls, even insects. But this is only a visit because of incompatibilities.

The last thought is about the "why" of this apparent divisiveness when here on Earth we can mix so much more easily. This is related to the reason we have to come here in the first place. In the spiritual worlds it is not possible to be near to any forms with which we are compatible for more than a brief time. This includes fellow humans. In heaven we associate only with others who are very much like we are. But we can't gain wisdom this way. Wisdom is the result of meeting and overcoming adversity. Only here on Earth can we do this. That is the why of it all. And it is wisdom that frees us from the need to reincarnate.

It's all interesting to note how all this ties into the idea of spiritual growth. As we progress we "earn" access to higher and higher levels. A really smart great ape, like Koko the gorilla who recently passed, could well graduate to the human family... soon. She was clearly capable of the same kind of love that a human can express. At times a window of opportunity opens and lower forms have the opportunity to begin as higher. This is where the stories of animal souls becoming human comes from. Right now, in this time in the Earth scheme, that door is closed. The essential of spiritual attainment has one thing about it which is immutable. We have to begin at the beginning and work our way up.

There is one more dynamic to consider. The "spiritual" difference between one kind of life and another is the degree to which they have access. An insect has no personality. The best it can hope for is a bit more complex emotionalism. It, therefore, has access only to a sub plane of the astral which is below the midway point on a scale. A more complex animal, a lower mammal, for instance, has this access but is also capable of functioning on a lower level of the mental plane. A human can do all this but even more. Now consider that insects have chakras too. They have one that corresponds to our base, our spleen (body) center but their highest is the one that corresponds to our solar plexus. This means they can only connect to those of the Earth's chakras that correspond. See? The more complex the form the higher and more chakras they function through. And the master Jesus? He had greater access than any of us because he is more advanced. This great one is still with the Earth. His is the responsibility for our progress (but this is not a statement of preference for any religion).

The one essential thing that is not mentioned in this is regarding the "how" of it all. A major role is played by master and other advanced human souls as well as our friends the little worker spirits of the Earth.

Sorry about the wordy response. The short answer is yes, insects go to heaven it's just a lower heaven than higher animals go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
Do all insects go to heaven? Or only the righteous ones?

In all seriousness, the question to be asked is: Why do humans love animals more than they do insects and bugs?

(Technically speaking, according to entomology, an insect can be classed as an animal, but for the sake of argument, the word animal is herein used as the majority of people think of it to mean.)

In my childhood, there were schoolmates of mine who kept insects as pets. (As a boy, I always wished I had a faun or satyr as an interspecies companion, but that is another story.)

I remember one lad bringing his pet centipede to school in a small plastic container, for show-and-tell, so proud of it he was, of this uncommon insectile find. The multi-legged critter had a name, of which I forget. The lad told the class about how this tiny creature was his best friend in the whole wide world and I often wonder whatever became of this person. I picture him all grown up now, with wife and kids and presumably long-forgotten memories of the centipede that at one time was the center of this man’s entire universe.

For some grown-ups the attachment to a canine or feline is considered by the society at large to be a perfectly normal relationship for an adult to have. No one would think of suggesting to a dog-owner that she be placed on pharmaceuticals or of having her involuntarily committed. Yet for a man or woman to instead find interspecific companionship in, say, an ant or a ladybug, this is often sufficient cause to elicit reactions of utter amazement or downright derision. The ant-owner’s maturity or sanity may even be questioned. Ought it to be?

No adult in his or her right mind would ever think of hitting an animal, and rightfully so. For me, as with the majority of individuals, the very thought is unthinkable. Yet the majority of us think nothing of squashing a spider or other creepy-crawly to its guts-splattering end. Why is that? Is it a question of size? Is it a matter of looks? Is it just because some insects are minuscule to us and as such we consider them to be insignificant in Creator’s eyes? For a lot of people, hexapods give them the shivers. They’re not cute and cuddly like kittens and puppies so they think nothing of taking a swatter to them. Some people take in stray cats, but should cucarachas make it inside, it’s call in the exterminator.

Do you really think that Creator views insects and bugs as being inferior to animals, just because of their appearance and size? If “All dogs go heaven,” as the New Agey expression goes, why is the pearly gates not also open to earwigs and mosquitos, as well? Is it just because humans regard the latter as pesty bloodsuckers and hence we haven’t dreamt up a place in heaven for them? There are no sprays on the market to ward of animals or to poison them to death and rightfully so, but there are insect-repellents and lethal sprays for a lot of bugs and insects of the world.

I’ve never forgotten one article I read in a magazine years back, having to do with eccentrics. The article related the experience of a man who regarded his conscience to be of above-average human range. He took to rebuking anyone he saw harming a bug or insect, viewing such ones to be on par with murderers. The fellow ended up passing away in an asylum. It was during his confinement as a bedlamite that one day he took a pair of scissors to his hair (this in itself was a surprising enough occurrence for the hospital staff, considering the restrictions of such instruments), cutting every last strand until he was shorn of follicles. No one had understood the reason the patient did this until an analyst at the institution uncovered the motive, which had to do with the patient’s wanting his hair removed so that during his nightly repose there would be less chance of his inadvertently smothering to death a louse. Was this guy crazy, or more spiritually evolved than the rest of his contemporaries?

We often hear of “animal heaven” and dogs and cats that are spirit guides. Just once I would like to hear of a near-death-experiencer encountering an insect in the Tunnel. I reunited with my long-lost honey, and she was no longer a woman but a bee!

Last edited by bartholomew : 05-11-2019 at 08:54 AM.