Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 21-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Suspended
Removing a Dreamscape

About three nights ago, I had a bash at removing a dreamscape...just to see what would happen.

I was semi-lucid in that I knew I was dreaming but what I did next was pretty much unconscious.

I put my hands in a prayer-like pose and raised them very close to my face. This was so my hands became like curtains in front of the vista. Next I slowly moved my hands apart, hoping to find a new environment open out.

Three odd things happened.

Firstly, I felt a magnetic force trying to close my hands, in that it was a real effort to keep them moving apart.

Secondly, the new environment at first looked exactly the same but within a second or two, it started shimmering rather like a mirage.

Thirdly, once I'd opened my hands to about halfway, the environment stabilised. It was very similar but involved a whole load of animals that were "not quite right". The first dream environment involved animals, but these were your usual run-of-the-mill physical animals.

By "not quite right", they weren't deformed or anything...but they weren't earthly animals. I'm not talking aliens - they still looked like animals, but had unusual shapes or were tailless (where normally you would expect a tail). That kind of different. Oddly enough, I've experience these "not quite right" animals before at least one time.

It was all too brief an experience as by the time I was mentally digesting the animals, I lost lucidity.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Suspended
And then last night, I had another bash.

I was dreaming that my teeth were breaking up in my mouth. Ping! I'm lucid. (That's a classic dream trigger for me, but often I'll miss it.)

As much as I knew I was dreaming, it was hard to concentrate with bits of teeth and I spent a few minutes spitting them out and looking at my mouth in a mirror, wobbling any remaining teeth (they were all wobbly and about ready to fall out).

Giving one final almighty spit, I sat cross-legged and faced the environment. It was a room (my memory is hazy as to where I actually was). Behind me a woman was talking - not to me but to someone else.

I was very focused, calm and clear in my actions. I put my hands to my face and slowly opened them. No magnetic force this time (which surprised me because I half expected there to be one). The new environment was a replica of the room, but it was dark. Not completely black, as I could still make out the roof beam, but it had gone considerably darker. What was interesting was the voice in the background was still talking - there had been no interruption or break in speech as I moved my hands.

I made sure my hands had covered the whole of the vista before bringing them back to my face. My actions were slow and smooth as I thought any fast or jerky movements might destabilise everything.

With emotional detachment I did it again. Slowly, behind my hands it went completely black with a slightly purple blob in the middle. Exactly like what happens when I'm deeply relaxing. The talking behind me had now completely gone. Once I'd removed the whole second vista I sat for a moment or two watching the purple blob. The scene wasn't yet 3-D but I suspected I was on the verge of the void. Briefly I wondered whether to mentally zoom towards the purple blob, but that rarely works for me so I persevered with my hands.

For a third time I used the same method. The environment behind the 'flat void' was the same flat void.

With dogged determination, I did it again. I suspected I was going through layers and felt it was only a matter of time before I got through the void to the other side.

I was right. After the fourth time, a full colour scene appeared slowly behind my hands. It was amazing to witness - however I was so detached and focused I managed to hold on for another minute or two.

As my hands opened, I saw a street scene. A red London bus went past my vision right to left, sweeping around the corner of the road. The sky was blue, the sun was out, it was basically a lovely warm day in London. It was a flat scene and I knew I was looking at a screen. There was no sound, my only sense was visual. I wasn't "in" the scene, just an observer.

There were people walking about, going for a leisurely stroll or to the shops.

One couple arrested my attention. They were walking on the far side of the road from left to right. He was closest to me. They dressed well, almost Victorian in their attire.

What struck me about them is that they both were at least 12ft tall, maybe 15ft. They were in proportion and looked very much human, but they were giants! Everyone else was normal height and didn't seem to be surprised by the giant couple walking by.

By the time I'd fully opened my hands, sadly I'd come round without managing to enter the scene. It would have been nice to have chatted to them.
Old 23-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Master
Interesting technique, Squatch... opening your hands like that to change a scene or shift into another level. Hopefully I'll remember to use it sometime.

Xan