Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-09-2014, 07:51 PM
MichaelCheech

What happens when people with serious mental illness commit suicide?

Hi guys. I'm very curious about the spiritual afterlife and I'm starting to develop a real interest for it.

Just recently a friend of mine committed suicide. I have heard people who commit suicide are not totally free of their burdens in the afterlife. I have heard they must try and help their loved ones cope with the pain of their sudden death, among other things.

However my friend had very serious mental illness. He had depression, OCD, and anxiety disorder. All of which were very severe i might add. I've also heard people with mental disorders, get cut a break when they die, for lack of a better term.

So my question is this - What happens when people with serious mental illness commit suicide? Is he still suffering in the afterlife? What became of him?
Old 15-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Master
They would receive the help and healing that eluded them in life... It would help get them to a place of healing within themselves. Will they continue to suffer in the afterlife? That is up to them. It is up to them to heal, release, and let go of the attachments and pains they created, or received in life to be free of them. No one can do that for us. We must do that ourselves.

Last edited by innerlight : 15-09-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 15-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Master
I have been told that people who commit suicide go to the same place everyone else does. They will do some healing, and then, they have to work on their "lessons" and issues harder than others in order to progress. There is no punishment.

My Dad had a mental illness. He did not kill himself by suicide, but he died of alcohol abuse and cancer. He came to me to ask for my forgiveness for the awful life he had given us. He had two helper spirits with him. He died in 1999 - he came to me in 2012. He said he was happy and healthy - he was working on things. A guide told me that he had much work to do, so I was not to talk with too much. I think that's how it is for suicides as well.
Old 15-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Raphah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCheech
So my question is this - What happens when people with serious mental illness commit suicide? Is he still suffering in the afterlife? What became of him?
He won't be suffering if he was not the evil spirit that had control of the body parts before the suicide occurred.

Take the evil spirits that spoke to Jesus that day. The guy who was possessed was spiritually freed when Jesus forced all of the evil spirits out of their host body.

Then the evil spirits who have more fun by causing fear as ghosts decided to all go into the pigs and to gain freedom again, forced the pigs into the sea to drown.

So hopefully, your friends' spirit will be the same as the guy who was initially possessed when he met Jesus.

If yes, then he is now free.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Suspended

OCD is a nightmare, especially the Adrian Monk variety.
But, life has a purpose even with great suffering - which indicates great lessons to be learn't. Although, in the case of mental illnes [l mean really severe mental illness where the person has no control anymore] you have to wonder if they had a choice. But, it's also said that when a suicide reincarnates it will be in more difficult circimstances than he/she had in the previous life.
Anyway, l think your friend will be helped and shown compassion [there are helpers there who do this work].

Some Great Teachers have said this:

Quote:
The mystic healer of Cyprus, Daskalos, explained:

“Those who commit suicide may find themselves in a difficult situation when they enter the psychic world. Occasionally such persons may be trapped in the etheric [plane] of the gross material world, unable to move to the higher psychic planes. The individual will vibrate too close to the material world which will not allow him to find rest.” (25)

However, he writes further that this is not forever, and there are always inner helpers whose work is to comfort and guide along those souls until such time as their further upward progress may continue

Quote:
Vedantist V.S. Iyer rationally affirms the special value of the human body and the spiritual purpose of pain:

"You are born to know the truth and therefore the body is needed as a means of getting this higher thing, not as a means or mere pleasure. Suicide is unpardonable. Even those in great physical agony should not kill themselves for it is teaching them every moment not to be attached to the body. Hence although they are not able consciously to reflect on truth they are doing it unconsciously. Moreover it will drive them to seek that which is above the body and its pain."
Old 15-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
But, it's also said that when a suicide reincarnates it will be in more difficult circimstances than he/she had in the previous life.

I commit suicide in my last lifetime. I spent quite a bit of Earth time figuring out what I needed to do next. I chose to load the trauma in this lifetime. No one told me or suggested or made me do it. As a matter of fact, they tried to talk me out of it.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Administrator
Everyone who passes through suicide gets the healing they need to allow them to grow,it makes no difference if you were mentally ill or not they go into healing.like innerlight has said. they will receive the Healing that they maybe didn't get in life,

Namaste
Old 16-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Knower
We are governed by the law of carma which is cause and effect, so if it's some uncontrollable disease or mental disorder then I would assume it was meant to be that way for that person due to their past actions.

But also we have always had freewill that is where the law of karma comes in again as committing suicide we decide to do that whether it's due to money problems in the current life or other karma from past lives.

I'm not sure on the details as it is a weird one concerning if the person was always going to do suicide or if they made the choice. But either way, as I said we have always had freewill and this determines our karma so whether we delve into misery and suffering or following the path of light and love.
Old 16-09-2014, 08:12 PM
yumi14

I honestly don't know what happens. I have heard people saying that we pre-plan our birth and life. Some say suicide is in a pre-birth plan....tho, I don't know how one can truly verify this in life.

There are so many theories out there, its hard to know which ones are on target or not. Spirituality is about the most confusing thing we have on this earth :(

I harbor romantic feelings thinking someone with mental illness that is already a tortured soul and can't help their condition would go on and be healed in the afterlife. But again, everything is so confusing. Theory vs. Theory makes things so hard to grasp what is true.
Old 16-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Master

Yumi, do you believe we create our own reality while we are here on Earth?

If so create your own belief system. Same thing applies.