Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 22-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Master

I am learning Taichi but have not yet felt chi or the enegy component as the way I do when I do reiki. I have had attunements for level 1 and 2 and they opened a whole new world for me. I had no sense for energy work before or probably just repressed any sensitivity I had in that regard. My Taichi teacher says that reiki practitioners and other healers must learn Taichi to shied themselves from energy drainage and to be able to draw upon universal energy for oneself. I am still exploring this and would love to hear others' views!
Old 22-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The attunements basically takes all the need to be trained and need for personal talent out of the picture.

This statement confused me. Can you explain this a little more? So what exactly does happen during attunements?

Lora
Old 22-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
This statement confused me. Can you explain this a little more? So what exactly does happen during attunements? Lora
During the attunement, sigil(s) (energy structure) is implanted. The sigil is specially designed to channel Reiki energy in a safe and controlled way. It is also constructed in a manner to make it reliable. Pretty much it is an automatic healing device where the user (healer) need only activate it and point it roughly in the right places. Pretty much its only as hard and foolproof as unlocking and opening a door with the key.

In many (most?) healing modalities the healer has to access, control, and direct only the right healing energy where it is needed. This takes training, practice, and a a degree of focus. Though most of these modalities can be learned by everyone, natural talent affects who will be effective with the techniques.
Old 23-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
During the attunement, sigil(s) (energy structure) is implanted. The sigil is specially designed to channel Reiki energy in a safe and controlled way. It is also constructed in a manner to make it reliable. Pretty much it is an automatic healing device where the user (healer) need only activate it and point it roughly in the right places. Pretty much its only as hard and foolproof as unlocking and opening a door with the key.

In many (most?) healing modalities the healer has to access, control, and direct only the right healing energy where it is needed. This takes training, practice, and a a degree of focus. Though most of these modalities can be learned by everyone, natural talent affects who will be effective with the techniques.

OK--so I'm mixing threads here, but I just can't help but comment.

You accept that an "energy signature" can be "implanted" into someone and that that signature will forever ...uh, blemish a person.

But you don't accept that life needs consciousness to live. You don't accept that cells have consciousness of other cells near them, working in concert with them. I assume you will argue that cells perform just biological processes--chemistry-- and that, given enough time, science could figure out all the processes enough so that they could create the same responses in a lab?

Do you also feel that, since science is now creating viable esophaguses by stripping a pig esophagus of it's cells, leaving the ligaments, and can then grow a DNA-specific esophagus from it--that that is evidence that there is no consciousness in those cells that they are "esophagus cells"? Is it all just chemistry?

See--I hesitate to go down this road because at it's base, I feel that science will never get to the "basic units" of life and most who argue like you that life does not require consciousness--feel that science will get there. It is something that neither can prove at this time.

But the validity of this--the "implanted" energy signature--you believe immediately? Why the difference?

Can you show me where this energy signature is? Why not? Don't biochemical interactions control everything? You should be able to show me where it is "implanted".

Sorry, but I just see too many logical inconsistencies in your arguments.

Lora
Old 23-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:
You accept that an "energy signature" can be "implanted" into someone and that that signature will forever ...uh, blemish a person.
It is not a blemish, it does have specific affects. One can think of it as an energy version of a tattoo. Once put there remains for life. It is very difficult to restore that part of the body to its previous condition.

Quote:
But you don't accept that life needs consciousness to live. You don't accept that cells have consciousness of other cells near them, working in concert with them. I assume you will argue that cells perform just biological processes--chemistry—
Argue, no. State yes.

Quote:
and that, given enough time, science could figure out all the processes enough so that they could create the same responses in a lab?

Do you also feel that, since science is now creating viable esophaguses by stripping a pig esophagus of it's cells, leaving the ligaments, and can then grow a DNA-specific esophagus from it--that that is evidence that there is no consciousness in those cells that they are "esophagus cells"? Is it all just chemistry?

See--I hesitate to go down this road because at it's base, I feel that science will never get to the "basic units" of life and most who argue like you that life does not require consciousness--feel that science will get there. It is something that neither can prove at this time.

But the validity of this--the "implanted" energy signature--you believe immediately? Why the difference?
I will not be baited into a science debate. I do not agree with most of this. Please do not derail this thread on that topic.

Quote:
Can you show me where this energy signature is? Why not? Don't biochemical interactions control everything? You should be able to show me where it is "implanted".
I can but I won’t. You do not seem sincere in your wanting to know. For those that can see energy, it’s pretty obvious.

Quote:
Sorry, but I just see too many logical inconsistencies in your arguments.
Perhaps that is because I am not arguing. I cannot account for your ability to ‘see’ or to be ‘logical’.
Old 23-07-2014, 01:22 AM
Megamedes

I suspect that one should be quite capable of doing Reiki without the attunements. At least I cannot see any reason why not. If there is please enlighten me why. Maybe I should find some local Reiki master and do an experiment to see if it is possible (before I make any definite statement about it)
Old 23-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps that is because I am not arguing. I cannot account for your ability to ‘see’ or to be ‘logical’.

Yes, it's clear you are the only one who can do that.

Having a "tattoo" that permanently alters your functioning as an energy worker--simply doesn't make sense. We all have the ability to change and grow, and especially energy workers/healers. If they choose to move to another modality, there is not reason they couldn't. The concept of energy tattooing is rather barbaric. Why would one agree to it?

No need to respond.

Lora
Old 23-07-2014, 01:56 AM
energytherapies

Energy is Energy. Modality can offer a style or technique, ( and hopefully teaching) and/or they can offer restrictions of energy. Many times you will see changed names as a person becomes aware that the energy they were using can be expanded upon, which instantly shows it not to be 'universal'. The very fact many energy masters carry a variety of modalities tells it's own story.

Over the years i have met many untrained faith healers who do a great job, they don't subscribe to a modality but felt energy at some point in their life and wanted to lay there hands on others. through practicing they find the amount of energy they can bring through increases improving results. Many of these consider that god, jesus or angels are motivating the energy.

Reiki is a single frequency Modality offering second, third and even fourth frequencies building upon the first and then for those who discover other frequencies a name is often added, like rainbow reiki etc.

Seichim is a single frequency Modality which is clearly different from Reiki in how it feels and what it can achieve. It is not better as such. but is a more refined energy so works amazingly well on physical issues.

Aquarian Healing is again another single frequency, and so on

Pranic healing is body based, but does not limit frequencies, this is the single longest energy practice we know of dating back thousands of years with a basis of sanskrit energy practices (where we get chakras and chakra understandings from). This also has the single largest body component of any of the more modern forms of energy practices, so it is always a shame to ignore the origins. it is to be noted that many indian doctors (fully medically trained) also practice pranic healing techniques.

From a higher perspective, all energy therapies are an extension and use of something that is part of a whole and not the whole itself. As humans we function thousands upon thousands of energy frequencies in any second. Our organs have their own vibration, as do body areas (which the chakras represent). every tiny cell in your body emits energy, is run through with energy, translates it as information and emits this as light information. nothing is confined to the outside of the body, it is either going in, or coming out and usually doing both. Changing even the smallest thing as in genetic code, we change our energy signature which means we are all running and accepting slightly different groups of energy and frequencies this is what makes us individual. it also means there is no single frequency or even a group of frequencies that is a cure all for everyone. Having said that any energy input will make you feel better and the right grouping of frequencies can counteract, improve or create a better physical environment.

Attunements are not essential for energy practices, many of those who attune no very little about the body, muscles, disease or psychology. This means they are well placed to offer you what they have been taught. Most good practitioners do not rest with attunements they go on to learn about the science of human structure (or animals) from elsewhere or are adding to knowledge already gained. You can go online now and find free attunements everywhere if you want to expand. It is really not a big deal. You can sit and meditate and express an interest in acquiring a new frequency to add to the thousands already at your natural disposal and it will happen for you. If not you may need someone to help you along.

If you want to be a professional, diagnose, help and advise, there are many programs you can find to expand your understanding of the physical, energetic and emotional dynamic of your clients. As you are already a massage therapist, you will quite likely pick up information intuitively and i don't doubt you run energy from your hands as you work. Your hands tend to vibrate a rosy glow when you are working so you probably itch to offer advice beyond your remit or what your current working relationship allows. As i see it you do not have to dump one for the other, both have a valid place and if you can effectively use them together you will be a better practitioner of both energy and hands on therapies xx good luck
Old 23-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by energytherapies
Having said that any energy input will make you feel better and the right grouping of frequencies can counteract, improve or create a better physical environment.

With my own limited understanding, I agree with what you've said, except for this statement. There are people for whom more energy is damaging, as their main problem is too much energy, especially in specific areas. So there are times when more energy is NOT the proper healing modality.

I just researched today into what I had found regarding "light sensitivity" bordering on migraines and my own experiences on SF. I had asked for healings in the past and, despite what I told them about already being "over-lit"--all of them added more energy! It really screwed me up. I could tell when their energy arrived (as I saw a large orange orb in one case).

Here is the article I had just looked up today regarding migraines and adding energy.

http://self-healingsecrets.com/1234/...aling/#respond

The rest of the points you are making seem valid to me. If I can restate: It has to do with intent of the energetic healer and the ability to "go with the flow".

This would tend to dispute the need for specific training and/or energetic branding in order to learn a specific modality.

Lora
Old 23-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Deactivated Account
I was a bit skeptical about attunements until a few days after I was attuned to level 1 and without warning the energy activated and started pouring through me...it was a very strange but not unpleasant experience. I'm not sure why attunements work in honesty, but they do.