Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 22-05-2014, 02:07 AM
LadyTerra

It has worked very well for me--for the last 7 years--or so.
Old 24-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
This link lists the top five female gurus.http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews...29-cid-29.html

That is most consoling to know! Thank you.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:51 AM
SaskMick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I've met quite a few men who are great Tarot readers.

I met one who was fantastic
Old 11-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Phoenix-Healer

Well, speaking for myself at least, some of guys who are working on divination just need a bit more practice and development before we are ready to be so open and public. I personally don't want to take my rune-casting out into the open, yet, and give runic advice the equivalent of: 'you should put all your money into gerbils' or something like that. So, at least from my view, its not that there are no men at divination; but some of us need a bit more fine-tuning.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox

The way you type, it is easy to assume you favour the women above the men, yet you seek the power that only men can harness.

You have completely contradicted yourself with this statement. Me personally i genuinely believe women are more naturally psychic, if they embrace such things. Because of the feminine energy it is a high vibrational energy, where as masculinity is a lower denser energy and that's why it dominates in the illusion of the physical, which is the 3rd dimension! (the realm we are living in currently). Which is dominated by this illusion of materialism and the perceived physical nature. But anybody that know's anything metaphysics....they know that the universe is completely immaterial, non-physical, mind and spiritual.....even quantum physics states this very clearly. But of course the feminine and masculine energy has nothing to do with gender, because they run through both sexes! but maybe more in another which is a feminine woman!

But the fact of the matter is, the power you are talking about! in which men can harness is with the masculine energy. And we know where that dominates, it dominates the lower dimensions and within the illusion of the physical. Because its a dense controlling energy (All of its traits suggest and point to this), and it needs to be fed. From my perspective we know where masculinity dominates, and what happens when it gets out of control.

It looks to me now that, you are trying to harness the power that has naturally throughout history and time been more natural for women (Fact!) they have been murdered and raped/suppressed spiritually because of it. That's the power through divination, your trying to harness.

You have stated that some women may be jealous of the power that men can harness, well if they want to play the masculine game yes well they will be! that's why sometimes i smile when you get some of these feminist, basically just trying to be masculine.....(They are doing a injustice to themselves).

But what women need to realize is, their place and power that they can harness, if you look at all the characteristics and traits of the feminine energy! there place of domination is beyond the physical! beyond this illusion of the physical. The secrets to the universe are within vibration and frequency, and all the emotions and traits associated with the feminine energy are high vibration energies. In the higher dimensions, its crystal clear that women and feminine energy will dominate! plain and simple. In some ways, women need to sort themselves out! and realize these things.

I feel more comfortable listening to (some women), when it comes to spiritual things. And i have only ever taken advice on board here from a woman. I have no interest in learning how to read cards or give readings or whatever (I see that as a feminine thing its more natural for women). I don't even like the idea of being read, but on some occasions i have taken subtle advice from a woman.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:00 AM
Experiencer

I an quite good with a pendulum. I have carried it for a long time, and it has answered some very odd ball questions that I have posed over time, and I can't think of very many occasions where it has led me astray, but if it ever has I would put that down to me not the pendulum. I am hopeless however with the diving rods, I can't even get them to twitch! Virtually no one, not even my wife, knows about my divination, I keep it a very very close secret, I use it every day but not everyone thinks of it the same way I do... So it may be that there are men out there practicing it, but just not broadcasting it...
Old 12-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Knower
Does it matter I'm a man and have had good and bad readings of both, if you have the confidence, I do though think a lot of spiritual magazines and alike talk as if it's only females Who do it.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Phoenix-Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaAngel
Does it matter I'm a man and have had good and bad readings of both, if you have the confidence, I do though think a lot of spiritual magazines and alike talk as if it's only females Who do it.
You know, I did not stop and think about that until you just mentioned it. Darn that blasted media and its two way sexism, they limit everyone and anyone to s freaking status-quo.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:02 AM
Experiencer

I have known both men and women who are into divination (as well as other mystical practices).

The only difference is - plenty of mainstream women admit to being into this. I have known women lawyers and accountants who visit psychics. It's also somewhat more socially acceptable/accepted for women to read their horoscope, feng shui their house, et cetera. A man has to be a martial artist (i.e., a badass) before he's allowed to be a mystic.

The men I've met, who were openly into divination (or for that matter any other spiritual beliefs or practices outside of mainstream religion), were likely to be counterculture. And a huge number of mainstream dating books for women caution women to never admit to new boyfriends that they're into astrology, psychics, mysticism, etc. (Maybe if the woman in question just gets a reading done now and again, or reads her horoscope. This is not possible for me, spiritual stuff is too big a part of my life.)

Bring it up in a mainstream men's board and you'll get lots of dismissive "ha, that's fluffy and trivial Women's Stuff".

I think that a lot of what we're seeing is cultural; men have to put up an appearance of being "masculine", and in many cases, being into supernatural/mystical/occult type of practices might conflict with that image.

I have not had better or worse experiences with men vs women. I don't think there is any specific form of divination (at least the types most of us are familiar with) which is "male" vs "female", at least not that I know of.

FWIW, the very best and most knowledgeable astrologer I've met - in my life - is a man. He's a retired high school teacher, and has been practicing astrology since he was a teenager. He is not someone you'd picture as an astrologer.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxlumina
A man has to be a martial artist (i.e., a badass) before he's allowed to be a mystic.

I think that a lot of what we're seeing is cultural; men have to put up an appearance of being "masculine", and in many cases, being into supernatural/mystical/occult type of practices might conflict with that image.
Actually, I've known quite a number of men who are mystics.

One of my current good man friends moved into my community (a small rural community of about 2000 people) and spotted me one day and started talking to me and introduced himself. He noticed me "by resonance" I guess you'd say. So far as I know, he's not done anything other than check out or toy with divination - which is the same for me. BTW, he's a construction tradesman.

Also BTW, I'm not a martial artist nor are any of my mystic men friends. You're in the U.S., that may be more an American 'cover identity' than a Canadian one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxlumina
FWIW, the very best and most knowledgeable astrologer I've met - in my life - is a man. He's a retired high school teacher, and has been practicing astrology since he was a teenager. He is not someone you'd picture as an astrologer.
Interesting to hear this from you. But I was not peering into the acceptability of a man using divination, nor anything to do with "male image" etc.

I posted the OP so long ago that I'm not sure quite what was on my mind when I wrote it. I think it was the simple question (with no subtext). It may have had something to do with the fact that most people I've been around who're into angel cards or tarot are women, and that in one case I knew a male astrologer and in another case I knew a man into the I Ching. But, as I said, I posted so long ago I'm not sure what was on my mind.

But thanks. I enjoyed your post.