Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 16-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Master
Share your experiences as a healer or a healed person

I’m hoping to start a free-ranging discussion about our experiences with different sorts of spiritual and energy healing. I’m interested to learn about your experience, whether it is as a recipient of healing or a practitioner of one or more healing approaches (or as both a recipient and a practitioner).

Maybe I should say what I mean by “healing”, since confusion about the meaning has come up as a topic before here on the Spiritual Forums. Well, I’m thinking pretty inclusively… emotional healing, physical healing, or the reconnection of your conscious or creative self with your spiritual center or source.

Also, while I’m interested in what you might say about some “named” approach (like Reiki, Quantum Touch, EFT), I’m also interested in some healing method you might have learned on your own or from another individual who has never given a name to her or his approach.

Don’t be shy… please share.
Old 23-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Master
Good thread theme, Tanemon.

I'm glad you included the below statement as I see it as the ultimate healing... growing awareness in what is beyond the body and mind that often requires other healing of various kinds.

...reconnection of your conscious or creative self with your spiritual center or source.

Xan

Old 23-08-2012, 10:20 PM
purplesoul

I love this thread! Ok, I had a reiki healing a few years ago. I actually didn't expect much except to feel relaxed after the session. I had mentioned a lower back pain that I've had for at least twenty years. It comes and goes. Anyway, during the session I felt warm and tingly and at certain times I even saw colors tho my eyes were closed. The amazing thing was that after the session my back pain disappeared! I had had that pain for so long I felt odd when my back didn't hurt! It was a wonderful experience that has lead me to research healing further.

I requested a reiki attunement and was given information to call it down. I thought it was odd but I had nothing to lose. When I called it down, again I felt a tingling sensation in different parts of my body. Unfortunately, I didn't really know how to practice it so I haven't used it.

I have been exploring other healing methods and recently came across "Healing Touch" that a friend of mine is using in the states. She is about to get her certification. I also ran across pranic healing and went to a meditation recently where we used the Meditation of Twin Hearts. I really liked that one and have become more interested in pranic healing so I may take a course if I can find one. In the meantime, I downloaded a short MP3 on Twin Hearts meditation and try to do it at least 3 times a week. I have a crazy schedule so it's difficult to find time to meditate without being interrupted.

That's my story. Looking forward to reading more!!

BTW, I live in Ireland so if anyone can recommend healing groups or meditation groups, please share. Thank you!
Old 24-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Master
For me, I'd had very little inkling that I'd have any ability whatsoever as a healer - even though I practiced yoga meditation for years. People had always considered me a good and sympathetic listener, and so would often tell me their troubles, which I suppose offered them some relief or slight release. But on the physical-healing level, I had noticed no particular aptitude on my part.

Over the years, I'd received maybe four or five Reiki sessions from practitioners I'd met. At one point I took the basic theory & practice training in Reiki, and then got an attunement. I experienced a profound inner cleansing and re-organization from that, and it affected most areas of my life. Several physical benefits grew out of that. For instance, I'd had a condition of the eyelids (termed a low-grade infection) that cause the secretion of a fluid at the root of the eylashes, which dried into yelowish granules by morning, since childhood - after having it for over 20 years, that disappeared. Also, my resistance to colds and flu increased hugely.

Reiki connected me inwardly to a sweet and gentle sort of light, and other people could feel it in me even when I'd said nothing about my attunement.

I was now able to put my hands on people and provide to them a very relaxing "session" according to the customary Reiki approach. Often it was simply relaxing for the person, but sometimes when I did an in-person or distant session it cleared up a problem, such as an earache, etc.

I've experienced effects from the healing power that others have - both in-person and at a distance. In some cases this has been with some named method of some repute, and in some cases some nameless method that simply appeared in the healer's life. Due to this, I'm very interested in all the various modalities.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Henri77

Well I've had experience channeling healing over a period of years, both in person and remotely,
in spiritualist church services.
I feel this is a "gift" I came in with... and began before I understood such a thing existed.
Found I could quickly remove pain when my wife was troubled with diabetic complications.
Unfortunately I didn't understand the possibilities, or I might have been able to do more.

Lately I've begun to see humans as energy beings, remotely, and this is a step forward, for distance prayer-"healing"

The most interesting "healing" I'd received was on a local bus, years ago.
I was seated by the window, and "working"-praying for a woman struggling with parcels at the bus stop.

A woman sat next to me seemingly preoccupied with her grocery bags.
Quickly I was filled with a delightful champagne like energy like tiny bubbles of joy.
At the stop she got up and turned so I couldn't see her face, then quickly exited.

If angels in human form exist, she certainly was one...
Old 24-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Henri77

This could be a great thread as it's a chance to hear of possibilities-phenomena many of us may not realize are feasible-doable.

Things are rapidly changing, and miracles becoming more commonplace.
Old 25-08-2012, 03:15 PM
mightything

i have on aand off days as a healer. most time i heal pretty good. take away your headache by placing my hand over your third eye and swirling energy there.

im definitely more of a energy healer than a faith or emotional healer.
i use different techniques. the first i learned from robert bruce. its heart center healing. its like building so much energy in your heart it strobes(becomes overactive but in a good way) and from your heart down to your hands. i also try to channel harmless but hot heat to clean/"burn" out the body and allow the energy to take effect.
other times i send my energy all through out there body clearing all the important parts. revitalizing it with new energy.
they say most problems start in your energy field and then physically effect you so i reason most healings have to start in your field or energy body before effecting your physical body.
last but not least i used a kind of mental construct. im still trying to figure how good it works for healing. i usually use it with one of the above.

my two greatest healing sessions were one for my woman who has fibro. one time we were standing with arms locked or hugging and i started channeling energy straight from the earh and it reached her and quickly got ride of her pain. im not sure to this day what made this super effective. the posture or the energy?

the 2nd. was for a premature kid. who was having lung problems or something to that effect. i had never seen him or knew to much more than his problem. my woman had just told me about him and how his parents were struggling.
and my child was completely fine just underweight. by alot.
i cant remember how i did it but it didnt take a week for what ever was plaguing him (i just remember some kind of infection or something like that)
to clear away. they thought it was gona be bad for him im just glad i could help somebody else.
Old 25-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Newfreedom9

I have recently become really interested in healing. I have seen a reiki video before, and heard stories of a few healers. One said they pictured a white light coming down through the top of their head and out their hands. The white light was the healing energy.

Anyway, last night we got home from my son's birthday party and he was feeling really car sick. So he sat down and I just held my hands in front of his stomach and pictured the white light thing. I felt my hands grow warm, and after a minute or two he said, "mom, did you just heal me??" I hadn't said anything to him about healing whatsoever, it's actually not something we've talked about. Anyway, I said "yeah." And he said, "Thank you so much!" And he jumped up good as new.

I'm going to keep practicing, but if anyone has any advice about how you learn this sort of thing I'd really appreciate it.
Old 26-08-2012, 04:05 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
I have recently become really interested in healing. I have seen a reiki video before, and heard stories of a few healers. One said they pictured a white light coming down through the top of their head and out their hands. The white light was the healing energy.

Anyway, last night we got home from my son's birthday party and he was feeling really car sick. So he sat down and I just held my hands in front of his stomach and pictured the white light thing. I felt my hands grow warm, and after a minute or two he said, "mom, did you just heal me??" I hadn't said anything to him about healing whatsoever, it's actually not something we've talked about. Anyway, I said "yeah." And he said, "Thank you so much!" And he jumped up good as new.

I'm going to keep practicing, but if anyone has any advice about how you learn this sort of thing I'd really appreciate it.

You'll get lots of suggestions, but the best teacher is within you, for exactly what's needed in a particular situation.

You are the conduit, and often the less you "know" the better, if you can learn to trust your instinct-inner guidance. I'm constantly being revealed better ways to send healing, appropriate to my understanding-beliefs.

Old 26-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
You'll get lots of suggestions, but the best teacher is within you, for exactly what's needed in a particular situation.

You are the conduit, and often the less you "know" the better, if you can learn to trust your instinct-inner guidance. I'm constantly being revealed better ways to send healing, appropriate to my understanding-beliefs.
I'm sure you're right, Henri. Please share with us some of your experience... how has the path of healing opened up for you? And are there some interesting incidents, healing-wise, that have occurred along the way?