Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 27-04-2011, 06:54 PM
windwhistle

Nature Speaks

My mind was scrambling over the pointy rocks of the past then parachuting into the alien morass of the planet future...when all of a sudden...

... a buzzing bee interrupted my see-saw thoughts and said...

"Just Be."
Old 27-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Master
Are sure he didn't say "It's just me, Bee"? lol

Only kidding............I would say that is a smart bee and yet I am convinced that we can never "just be" without the influence of our past and our hopes for the future clouding what "just being" is.
We can try but I have not been succesful except in spurts.
It is as if our innocence is gone and we cannot go back to being a virgin no matter how hard we try.
Or it just is not suppose to be any other way than it is.
James
Old 28-04-2011, 02:04 AM
windwhistle

To bee or not to bee...that is the question!

Yes...spurts for me too in bee-ing!

Then what do you think of getting back to our original essence as in the Uncarved Block thing?
Old 28-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
To bee or not to bee...that is the question!

Yes...spurts for me too in bee-ing!

Then what do you think of getting back to our original essence as in the Uncarved Block thing?

I'm not reallly familar with the uncarved block thing but i am not so sure that we are looking at this essence thing correctly.
Our original state was innocent but that may not mean that represents our essence any more than the state we are in now. A state of memories and hopes and dreams and experiences to recollect.
Our essence is behind both states. It is the groundwork for all that exists.
That seems to make more sense to me because like I said "there is no going back".
I'm watching my grandson lose his innocence more each day and it is just as beautiful as before.
He teaches me so much!
This conversation has been helpful for me.....thank you.
james
Old 28-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Master
Luv it...I'll bee over here...

Old 28-04-2011, 02:59 PM
windwhistle

That is quite beautiful White Shaman...and it IS all beautiful. I love that you can learn from a child...my teenager has taught me so much lately...things that I don't know how he could possibly know...he knows.

I think past and future thoughts are part of the way we work too. Why try to fight it and live in the now at all times? I don't think it's possible to do that. As
long as I don't get bogged down in either past or future... I do o.k.

This thread has made me ponder. So often, I listen to the opinions of the 'enlightened' and come away feeling...I can never bee that...I can't get that far along to stay in the eternal present at all times. And then I feel less than and frustrated. But little spurts of nowness and bee-ing do come. And maybe it is a path for others...but as I accept myself more and more...I realize that the way I am is the way it IS.

This thread has helped me with discarding another belief. And perhaps, that in itself is a path to innocense.
Old 28-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
That is quite beautiful White Shaman...and it IS all beautiful. I love that you can learn from a child...my teenager has taught me so much lately...things that I don't know how he could possibly know...he knows.

I think past and future thoughts are part of the way we work too. Why try to fight it and live in the now at all times? I don't think it's possible to do that. As
long as I don't get bogged down in either past or future... I do o.k.

This thread has made me ponder. So often, I listen to the opinions of the 'enlightened' and come away feeling...I can never bee that...I can't get that far along to stay in the eternal present at all times. And then I feel less than and frustrated. But little spurts of nowness and bee-ing do come. And maybe it is a path for others...but as I accept myself more and more...I realize that the way I am is the way it IS.

This thread has helped me with discarding another belief. And perhaps, that in itself is a path to innocense.

Very nice! I have stripped away many beliefs and I do consequently see things without those faulty filters. Like you alluded to, it seems to be about balance. Embrace all that you are and your past and hopes of the future and your moments of presents, but don't get bogged down in any of them. Just enjoy them as they arise and let them go as they come to need to go.
I really like all that you said here.....Blessings, James
Old 28-04-2011, 07:02 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

It is my experience that by not attaching a value judgement to past or future, it stretches 'Now' to include both.. the past is present now, as memories and messages written or drawn through the languages of symbolism, and.. the future is present now, as intention, hopes and dreams..

Be well..
Old 28-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

It is my experience that by not attaching a value judgement to past or future, it stretches 'Now' to include both.. the past is present now, as memories and messages written or drawn through the languages of symbolism, and.. the future is present now, as intention, hopes and dreams..

Be well..

Works for me!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
LIFE

Yeah, you just can't escape the present no matter how hard you try.

The present is presence.