Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 29-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Knower

Children and ghosts

Hi guys

My son is almost 4 and he often wakes up frightened and almost hysterical. Well, last night he woke up and ran out of his room shouting "Help me" and ended up sleeping in my bed. Before he went back to sleep, he told me there are ghosts in his room, and they're red. I've told him not to worry, no one is in there (don't want to frighten him) but I wouldn't be surprised if there was. I've always seen/heard/felt spirits since childhood. I managed to just deal with it and mostly block it off. But I have absolutely no idea how to deal with this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance x
Old 29-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Could be just nightmares. As a child I was also afraid of the dark and stuff, but I don't remember seeing any real ghosts at all.
Old 29-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Knower

It is possible, as he does wake up suddenly screaming for help sometimes. I just know we have a lot of activity in this house and I encounter spirits daily. I'll keep telling him there is no one there, no one will hurt him etc and see how it goes.
Old 29-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Master
He might be calmer if he had control over the spirits or lack of spirits. Give him a small spray bottle. Put small amount of water in it. Bless the water. Or even without water, just bless the bottle. He can use the empty bottle to spray spirits that scare him. I know some parents had success with it by using the "magic" bottle.

My son used to get night terrors. I would have a glass of water in the room. Water transmutes negative energy into positive ones. I also used a citrine bracelet. Any citrine will do. It's protective. I placed it under his pillow. I got one from ebay for $3 or 4 years ago. I also gave him lavender baths before bedtime to calm him. A friend recommended lavender essential oils and potpourri for under the pillow use.

My daughter used to see spirits and she sees them in the rainbow colors so I would not discount your son seeing them in the red spectrum. I would see spirits in the tan colors. All the spirits she see would frighten her and she would scream or cry or cover her face. When she got older, she ignored them.

As for sleeping, I let my kids sleep on my bed or on the floor (toddler bed) for many years. They have never been clingy going to preschool and kindergarten and are actually very independent. They had that sense of security while at home. It's not for everyone, but it worked for me. I got my sleep and they got theirs.

I hope you'll find something that works for your son.
Old 29-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Knower

Thank you for the advice Berry.

I will take him out to buy a special bottle. I try to bath him before bed every evening, as he is a very active child. He never stops! So it may kill two birds with one stone if I start adding lavender to his bath, to calm and soothe him.

I don't want to let him believe I do not believe what he says, but I really don't know how best to explain what may be happening to him. I never spoke of it myself, as a child. I did see a lady last year for a reading and she told me my son is like me, and to learn to guide him but how do you do it? I don't want to frighten him.

He often crawls into bed with me at night, which I don't mind although I do appreciate the nights he does stay in his own bed. I know he will get to a stage where he doesn't want to get into bed with his mummy anymore ha.
Old 29-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
He might be calmer if he had control over the spirits or lack of spirits. Give him a small spray bottle. Put small amount of water in it. Bless the water. Or even without water, just bless the bottle. He can use the empty bottle to spray spirits that scare him. I know some parents had success with it by using the "magic" bottle.

My son used to get night terrors. I would have a glass of water in the room. Water transmutes negative energy into positive ones. I also used a citrine bracelet. Any citrine will do. It's protective. I placed it under his pillow. I got one from ebay for $3 or 4 years ago. I also gave him lavender baths before bedtime to calm him. A friend recommended lavender essential oils and potpourri for under the pillow use.

My daughter used to see spirits and she sees them in the rainbow colors so I would not discount your son seeing them in the red spectrum. I would see spirits in the tan colors. All the spirits she see would frighten her and she would scream or cry or cover her face. When she got older, she ignored them.

As for sleeping, I let my kids sleep on my bed or on the floor (toddler bed) for many years. They have never been clingy going to preschool and kindergarten and are actually very independent. They had that sense of security while at home. It's not for everyone, but it worked for me. I got my sleep and they got theirs.

I hope you'll find something that works for your son.

Good idea, Berry. I totally agree about confronting (or having direct control) of the energy rather than avoiding it. Heck, it works me as an adult. : D

We use the white light bubble technique ( something to google). My daughter makes an invisible bubble every night while laying in her bed, and she makes affirmations, ' it is her space and no one has permission to get in her space' ( only Angels and God).

I personally feel little boys are a lot more sensitive and take a little more time to mature, they can be clingy to mom. My son 6 still wakes up in the middle of the night and comes into my bed. I let him. He will mature on his own time when he is ready. Sometimes it's not even about what is around but rather the security of having someone there.
Old 30-08-2017, 01:43 AM
Guide

I used to get night terrors as a child, it was pretty scarey. Monsters would be coming out of my bedroom cupboard.

I would be quite active during sleep and because of this I was always covered in bruises, I remember one time waking in the middle of the night and I couldn't move my arms, I had long hair and all of my hair was wrapped round my arms and my earrings, was a scarey experience as a child.

I would sleep walk, sit up in bed suddenly then lie back down.

The only thing that helped was my step dad literally chaining and padlocking shut my cupboard doors shut.

Advice for your little one...... Is there anywhere the ghosts come out of that you could lock up? Maybe try aromatherapy in the room, I use frankensense and my go to oil nowadays, you can pop a few drops on some cotton wool next to his bed.
Old 30-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Pathfinder

I would just talk to him about it. My son tells me he see things sometimes too. Don't react negatively about it, just have a normal conversation about it. Maybe tell him your stories too. Might help him not be so scared.
Old 30-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kis
Thank you for the advice Berry.

I will take him out to buy a special bottle. I try to bath him before bed every evening, as he is a very active child. He never stops! So it may kill two birds with one stone if I start adding lavender to his bath, to calm and soothe him.

I don't want to let him believe I do not believe what he says, but I really don't know how best to explain what may be happening to him. I never spoke of it myself, as a child. I did see a lady last year for a reading and she told me my son is like me, and to learn to guide him but how do you do it? I don't want to frighten him.

He often crawls into bed with me at night, which I don't mind although I do appreciate the nights he does stay in his own bed. I know he will get to a stage where he doesn't want to get into bed with his mummy anymore ha.

For me it's more of observing and answering questions if my kids have any. I would ask them to draw for me what they see and tell me what they are saying. I learned not to make any judgments and to listen carefully even if I don't believe them. My son claimed to see our guardian spirits and I didn't believe him until a friend came up with the same conclusion. What my son drew just verified what she had said they looked like. I was able to see some of the guardian spirits with my physical eyes eventually. My daughter would see and converse with fairies. I didn't believe her until one sang for me in an ethereal voice. Another time she was laughing and said there's a cat climbing on my face and head. Again, I didn't believe her until I actually heard the purrs from my invisible cat friend. I was so surprised when I learned that my son sees auras all the time. He didn't know what it was called until he saw me read a book on auras. Your child will surprise you as the both of you learn about spirits and more. Luckily, my kids never discussed their sights with their friends or classmates.
Old 17-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Guide
My son was sleeping in room attached to our room and in between door & window is there opened so that child don't fear much.