Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Knower
Cat Lost

I couldn't figure out which thing to post this on. Anyways, up until recently I thought for the first time I knew where life was taking me. I was getting signs everywhere that change was coming my way, and I thought I knew what it was talking about.

A few months ago my mom had talked to me about hiring me to go visit my grandma for a few hours every day when we moved her to a home. I was excited to get my first job and even better it would be with my grandmother, someone I was very close with.

The day we moved her, she passed away. She had been fine when we moved her, we had the help of paramedics and an ambulance so they were monitoring her during the process. But a few hours later after I had left, my mom says she just fell asleep while my mom was talking to a nurse and she passed on.

I'm still obviously getting over losing her, I love her very much. But I'm also getting over a path I was excited to take. I had felt like for once I knew what to do with my life. I just feel sad, lost, and disconnected from the spiritual side of life now and I don't know what to do.
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon
Old 09-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Master
Hi Kittycatcacher. My mother died unexpectedly last year under similar circumstances; had just moved in with a relative after having lived on her own into her 80s. I spoke with her every day and was devastated. These sorts of happenings are why I appreciate every moment of life. Life is a previous gift.

What's your belief about afterlife? That helps. I know the soul lives on and will be born again. We arrive from spirit, we live and then exit life, then we arrive from spirit again. It helps knowing this in that it makes it clear people choose their time of death, in the way they choose their birth path. So I know she left when it was time for her, when it was right for her. That makes it a much happier departing.

It doesn't stop you from working towards becoming a care giver. That you can still do. She provided you with the gift of recognizing what you want to do with your life, that's special.
Old 13-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Knower
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I agree that life truly is precious and that every second is valuable.

I personally believe that the afterlife can go a few different ways. I believe you are given the choice to stay in heaven as long as you need or want and are allowed to reincarnate when you are ready. Or you can choose to stay here as a spirit for various reasons. I also believe that if a spirit is full of negativity and have done many sins that they go through a purification process that has a lot to do with reviewing what things they did that were truly awful.

Honestly I don't know what I want to do with my life. I didn't want the job because it was just a care taking job, I wanted it because I knew it was a job that wouldn't overwhelm me. I have extreme anxiety issues that trigger in many situations including social ones. It was more about the fact that it didn't scare or worry me.

Thank you for your kind words though, I truly appreciate it. :)
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon
Old 14-06-2017, 04:58 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcacher

Honestly I don't know what I want to do with my life.

:)

What kinds of things do you enjoy doing? What brings you joy?
Old 14-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Knower
A good question that is both easy and difficult to answer. I know of many things that give me joy but I have a hard time concentrating on any of them. I have a lot of sensitivity issues both physically and mentally that limit myself when it comes to working with animals or helping people. I would need a job that would be easy to work with a sleeping schedule that is erratic and unpredictable. It'd also have to be near me since I can't drive yet and am to afraid to take a bus or uber alone. There's a lot of issues.
-Sailor Moon
Old 15-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Master

Part of the spiritual path is loss and confusion, and that's the part many don't rave about or highlight. Each of us has to find our own way through it.

Many of us don't know 'what we really want to do' and can be led into thinking what we ought to or should do. At times thought I had it figured out, and then I was back to square one. It can happen more than once in your incarnation, so feel rather than think.
Old 15-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
A good question that is both easy and difficult to answer. I know of many things that give me joy but I have a hard time concentrating on any of them. I have a lot of sensitivity issues both physically and mentally that limit myself when it comes to working with animals or helping people. I would need a job that would be easy to work with a sleeping schedule that is erratic and unpredictable. It'd also have to be near me since I can't drive yet and am to afraid to take a bus or uber alone. There's a lot of issues.

I empathise your situation. You are between a rock and a hard place. Do you take anxiety medication?
Old 22-06-2017, 03:51 AM
Knower
Yes I do, I have been for a few years now.
-Sailor Moon
Old 27-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Pathfinder
Sorry to hear about your loss and sadness, Kittycatcatcher!

Have you tried meditation? Sitting down, closing your eyes, and just watching your anxiety
(or any feelings you happen to have) ... like a neutral observer. No judgement, no analyzing - just watching ...
welcoming and watching ... and also being aware where they are located in the body and how
the body feels there.

This kind of meditation has helped me enormously with my own anxiety ...
which I had quite a lot when I was younger ... although it probably wasn't as strong as yours.

Wishing you all the best!
Old 01-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Knower
Quote:
I couldn't figure out which thing to post this on. Anyways, up until recently I thought for the first time I knew where life was taking me. I was getting signs everywhere that change was coming my way, and I thought I knew what it was talking about.

A few months ago my mom had talked to me about hiring me to go visit my grandma for a few hours every day when we moved her to a home. I was excited to get my first job and even better it would be with my grandmother, someone I was very close with.

The day we moved her, she passed away. She had been fine when we moved her, we had the help of paramedics and an ambulance so they were monitoring her during the process. But a few hours later after I had left, my mom says she just fell asleep while my mom was talking to a nurse and she passed on.

I'm still obviously getting over losing her, I love her very much. But I'm also getting over a path I was excited to take. I had felt like for once I knew what to do with my life. I just feel sad, lost, and disconnected from the spiritual side of life now and I don't know what to do.

Read up on "Dark night of the soul." You will pass this swing of the pendulum many times in life. It always swings back the other way, bringing you benefit from the experience. All plants die after bearing fruit. From the fruit, new seed. A tree bears fruit, the fruit becomes a forest.

"Q: Have you ever experienced the dark night of the soul? Your teachings have been so helpful through this difficult period. Can you address this subject?

A: The “dark night of the soul” is a term that goes back a long time. Yes, I have also experienced it. It is a term used to describe what one could call a collapse of a perceived meaning in life…an eruption into your life of a deep sense of meaninglessness. The inner state in some cases is very close to what is conventionally called depression. Nothing makes sense anymore, there’s no purpose to anything. Sometimes it’s triggered by some external event, some disaster perhaps, on an external level. The death of someone close to you could trigger it, especially premature death, for example if your child dies. Or you had built up your life, and given it meaning – and the meaning that you had given your life, your activities, your achievements, where you are going, what is considered important, and the meaning that you had given your life for some reason collapses."