Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-07-2017, 04:55 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcacher
I couldn't figure out which thing to post this on. Anyways, up until recently I thought for the first time I knew where life was taking me. I was getting signs everywhere that change was coming my way, and I thought I knew what it was talking about.

A few months ago my mom had talked to me about hiring me to go visit my grandma for a few hours every day when we moved her to a home. I was excited to get my first job and even better it would be with my grandmother, someone I was very close with.

The day we moved her, she passed away. She had been fine when we moved her, we had the help of paramedics and an ambulance so they were monitoring her during the process. But a few hours later after I had left, my mom says she just fell asleep while my mom was talking to a nurse and she passed on.

I'm still obviously getting over losing her, I love her very much. But I'm also getting over a path I was excited to take. I had felt like for once I knew what to do with my life. I just feel sad, lost, and disconnected from the spiritual side of life now and I don't know what to do.

Jesus is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit

..just reach out to Him...
Old 02-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Master
do you have any interest in the arts Kittycatcacher?
painters, songwriters, authors, and maybe dress designers
don't seem to require a lot of contact with strangers.
Old 19-07-2017, 02:18 AM
Knower
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday
Read up on "Dark night of the soul." You will pass this swing of the pendulum many times in life. It always swings back the other way, bringing you benefit from the experience. All plants die after bearing fruit. From the fruit, new seed. A tree bears fruit, the fruit becomes a forest.

"Q: Have you ever experienced the dark night of the soul? Your teachings have been so helpful through this difficult period. Can you address this subject?

A: The “dark night of the soul” is a term that goes back a long time. Yes, I have also experienced it. It is a term used to describe what one could call a collapse of a perceived meaning in life…an eruption into your life of a deep sense of meaninglessness. The inner state in some cases is very close to what is conventionally called depression. Nothing makes sense anymore, there’s no purpose to anything. Sometimes it’s triggered by some external event, some disaster perhaps, on an external level. The death of someone close to you could trigger it, especially premature death, for example if your child dies. Or you had built up your life, and given it meaning – and the meaning that you had given your life, your activities, your achievements, where you are going, what is considered important, and the meaning that you had given your life for some reason collapses."

Ah yes the dark night of the soul. I think I've been going through it for about 7 years now? I am sadly very aware of it but I do thank you for the helpful information you wrote for me.

Thank you as well Yessy, I am slowly getting back into things but talking to God and my guides have helped.

Yes Horace I do! I have for a long time but I haven't found myself to be particularly good with anything and sadly I get discouraged easily. Recently though I have been interested in learning how to sew clothes.
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon
Old 05-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Dear Kittycatcatcher... I'm sorry that you find yourself in this dark place... I do believe that it is something that occurs for many people who seek their appropriate spiritual path...

For me, my spiritual path did become clearer after I'd been diagnosed with cancer (now 20 years ago, so it is past history, but at the time it gave me the opportunity to take time out to simply read and ponder...).

In addition to what others have said, I'd recommend two things that aren't too difficult. One is to simply take yourself back to your happiest childhood moments.. think about what it was you were doing when you became so immersed in the joy of that present moment that nothing else mattered... writing stories, singing, dancing, exploring the natural world, drawing, reciting poetry, doing sums ... something that as a child led you to joy. I believe that your life path revolves around whatever that was for you.. so, if it was art, do an art class or workshop etc... just allow your inner child the opportunity to reconnect with childhood bliss... things will happen when the space is created for things to happen :)

The other thing is to seek out a book by Dan Millman titled "The Life you were born to live" I'm not much of a numerologist follower, but Dan's approach is different, and he offers many more hints through the numbers as well as a list of what would be happening in your life if you're working positively with your birth numbers, or Life Blueprint, and what would be manifesting if you're working negatively ... He gives suggestions of suitable careers or paths for that number, and they seem pretty useful when i look at people I know well.

I wish you greater joy on your path, Kittycatcatcher.
Old 17-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Master
Hey Kitty,

Perhaps in her own way your Grandma made the decision for you. I'm not sure obviously how with it she was towards the end but in one sense it may very well have been the greatest gift to you she could spiritually give?

I can speak from experience that a certain generation really don't want people fussing over them - even if they need it.
If you were to ask them if they wanted their grandchild to be taking care of them or to go out into the world & experience all of the wonderful things in life that they had (or possibly missed) they would always pick the latter because they were raised in such an unselfish time.

Apologies if this offends you but I felt very strongly that this point should be made by someone - just incase ;-)
Old 31-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Knower
Thank you everyone for responding. I have been moving on ok thanks to everyone's advice and I hope you all have a wonderful day. <3
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon