Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-08-2019, 07:03 PM
BlackfoxNZ

Thought provoking question 1

When did we learn how to think?
Old 06-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Master
I don't think we ever learned how to think. More like we were taught what to think and how to think along the lines of that. Step out of those lines and you may find yourself in trouble fast.

The parents, school system, work system, religious beliefs, your peers, and even spirituality are meant to keep you along the lines of what to think. Even to say "i think for myself," or "i am my own person." Guess what. You are programmed to think that. Everyone thinks along those lines. It keeps one from going astray from the herd.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Knower
If you were actually asking : "when did we learn to think" - I'd have to say that we were "learning to "fit prescribed rules of thinking" - ever since being introduced to our "Bio-Social" environment (parents; schools; life in general).

Maybe you were trying to ask: "When did we become Aware?" In which case, there have been studies made since C.G. Jung's theories of psychology that indicate his suggestion of the "existence of archetypes" plays an important role - so much so, that our archetypes have existed "beyond time and space" which makes it feasible that we were born with an innate awareness since before our human births.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 06-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackfoxNZ
First humans ... about 10,000 - 20,000 years ago.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
First humans ... about 10,000 - 20,000 years ago.

They keep on finding earlier evidence of homo sapiens, so the oldest estimates are 200,000 years ago.

Of course, if you subscribe to the esoteric approach then humanity is far older. We could say that humans first learned to think when they began developing the mental body, but that was way before the accepted version of human development.

Peace
Old 07-08-2019, 02:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
They keep on finding earlier evidence of homo sapiens, so the oldest estimates are 200,000 years ago.

Of course, if you subscribe to the esoteric approach then humanity is far older. We could say that humans first learned to think when they began developing the mental body, but that was way before the accepted version of human development.

Peace
Those weren't humans in the modern concept. Even per wikipedia (which isn't 100% trustworthy): "Fully modern behavior, including figurative art, music, self-ornamentation, trade, burial rites etc. is evident by 30,000 years ago. The oldest unequivocal examples of prehistoric art date to this period"

Anyway, I used other references for my previous remark.

I wouldn't call "humanity" any older inhabitants of the Earth, maybe earthlings (?).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
if you're talking about in our life time. From birth to 4 years old for the main way we do "think". The details of how we think change over time as we mature and experience life.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I don't think we ever learned how to think. More like we were taught what to think and how to think along the lines of that. Step out of those lines and you may find yourself in trouble fast.

The parents, school system, work system, religious beliefs, your peers, and even spirituality are meant to keep you along the lines of what to think. Even to say "i think for myself," or "i am my own person." Guess what. You are programmed to think that. Everyone thinks along those lines. It keeps one from going astray from the herd.
I agree. Life does get crazy when you truly think for yourself because your out numbered. People who truly think for themselves are often label crazy and weird. And push by the masses into little corners because there different.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
As Tonto said to The Lone Ranger when they were surrounded by hostile Indians and TLR said, "We've had it, now, Tonto!"

"What do you mean 'we', Paleface?"

LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSu2PXOTOc
Old 07-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Deactivated Account

thinkĀ·ing
/ˈTHiNGkiNG/

noun
the process of using one's mind to consider or reason about something.

adjective
using thought or rational judgment; intelligent.

I would say we learn that around 2 years old. "How do I get another cookie?"
"How can I stop mother from leaving me at daycare?"