Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Says logic.

I'm not that great either but to think there are not these GENUINELY SPIRITUAL people in this world is to miss the wood for the trees.

Do we really think Jesus was a myth? That true love is a myth? We might say we are far from it, we are led by thought and logic, but to say it is fake is to project our limits IMO

Yes psychologically people think it means to be harmed, but it's not THAT EITHER. There are many stories of great forgiveness. I can't do it perhaps but I bet you 1000 times over those spiritual masters - their hearts are only beating with love.
That is why they are ascended and we stay until we grow ourselves.

The Dalai Lama tells the story of meeting with a Tibetan monk who'd just been released from years of forced labor and redoctrination in a Chinese prison camp. The monk's ordeal had left him in pretty bad physical shape.
While talking to the Dalai Lama, the monk let slip that he'd come close to disaster three or four times during his imprisonment.
"What happened?" asked the Dalai Lama, expecting tales of near-execution, torture, punishment.
"I nearly lost compassion for my captors," the monk replied.

http://allchannels.blogspot.com/2007...y-captors.html
https://www.wiseattention.org/blog/2...palden-gyatso/

Very nice story.

Peace.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Well, if anyone feels unconditional love for someone who harms them in any way, then they're mad.
At best, a doormat which is horribly unhealthy spiritually.

Are they mad? Or have they reached a stage where they recognise that there is no-one to be harmed, so nothing happened and there is nothing to forgive.

This is not being a doormat. It is being so strong in our spiritual identity that we feel only compassion for the ignorance of others.

Peace.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Well, if anyone feels unconditional love for someone who harms them in any way, then they're mad.
It may appear that way, but I think it’s possible if one is at a certain spiritual “level”, not that I am there, but intuitively it makes sense to me, and also that perhaps we will all undergo this at some point. From a materialistic point of view it looks terrible because we can be full of pride..

I do like Janielee’s story about the Tibetan monk. It’s inspiring and advanced, although I wouldn’t have the stomach for it. I do totally get where your point is coming from but I think it is possible. Doesn’t justify the abuse of course ((and something tells me loads of people misunderstand this subtle difference!!)) but from an individual point of view it could be beneficial..
Old 01-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Master
I've quoted these two films before re forgiveness, they are also in book format but with different titles. The films are called: Dead Man Walking 1995 and Pierepoint 2005. Both based on true stories. Well worth a watch, you'll need lots of tissues handy though.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What do you think about unconditional love?

Is there really such a thing as truly unconditional love?
If so, are humans truly capable of such a thing?
If so, why should there be such a thing? Most other human emotions can be seen to serve a purpose, but why should we love someone or something no matter how bad they/it may be to or for us?

I suppose so,
I suppose so,
why not?
and it is foolish to think you know what is truly bad for you; because you always eat the worst food and then call it the best.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:37 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is not being a doormat. It is being so strong in our spiritual identity that we feel only compassion for the ignorance of others.

Peace.

Yes,

Jesus said "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do"

Buddhism recognizes the core seed issue is ignorance and delusion. It's not easy or even possible to recognize the depths (and form) of compassion the Greats have (as it doesn't look just "nice") but it is because it is borne of love, wisdom and the truths beyond the heart/mind's seeing for now.

JL
Old 03-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Master
Quote:
If God did have conditions in God's love, what do you think they should be?

1. "I can't be held responsible for what happens when you don't trust me".
2. "I don't need you to love me for me to love you".
3. "Chocolate cake or ME...choose very carefully".
4. "Stop thinking the universe revolves around you...I would know".
5. "For the millionth time...I AM NOT YOU (unless you want me to be)."
6. "For all those who think my patience is unlimited...WRONG!"
7. "I can bend the laws of physics because I made them...I'd like to see YOU try".
8. "Even if Lucifer was right, my ego would never let me admit it".
9. "I don't know how I feel about you worshiping my Bull - I do enough of that for BOTH of us...or each of us...or neither of us..wait, was there ever an "us"?
10. "I can love you only if you love yourself (and learn to tell the difference)"
Old 03-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Are they mad? Or have they reached a stage where they recognise that there is no-one to be harmed, so nothing happened and there is nothing to forgive.

Peace.
Besides by very definition if your love has the condition of "being" only if someone behaves a certain way that would be conditional love.

Unconditional means just that no because, no reason, no parameters, no exceptions.

edited to say- to find that state myself meant stepping out of ego into the vibration of soul.

It took great trauma to require me to do that as I could forgive almost anything in ego, but was struggling very hard with one collection of betrayal that my ego could not get past. It was a gift as it truly forced me to move beyond this identity and see from a higher perspective that all there really was to feel for this situation was love and compassion for all. Even weirder perhaps a gratefulness for all that had been good/bad/joy/pain.

The more one moves to this place, the easier it is to bring it back and make it part of your ego. So it certainly is possible in 3d, it just requires moving out of 3d consciousness to bring it back.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:37 PM
janielee

Thanks TheGlow

And LOL @SD
Old 04-06-2019, 03:40 AM
Seeker

Quote:
What do you think about unconditional love?

Is there really such a thing as truly unconditional love?
If so, are humans truly capable of such a thing?
If so, why should there be such a thing? Most other human emotions can be seen to serve a purpose, but why should we love someone or something no matter how bad they/it may be to or for us?

People only criticize and hate in other people what they do not like about their own character. If we truly love ourselves in spite of all our God given weaknesses in our minds and bodies then maybe there's a chance people can be more accepting of other people in spite of their weaknesses in their minds and bodies.

To me unconditional love means loving someone without any judgments. But people love to judge other people. It's just a way of expressing self-hatred that can only be avoided through reflection and self-awareness of our own ways of thinking.