Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 21-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Hinduism is the only religion that... Hence best.
If this is about opinion, then choosing which religion is like choosing which cigarette. Best to quit altogether. The inner self-wisdom path, free from external belief tenets... that's the best.
Old 18-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Knower
I've recently begun to view Nirvana as a type of "immortal soul suicide" since, if you take the fact that many religions believe the soul is immortal to begin with, Buddhism and Hinduism basically propose that you unravel your personality down to its nuts and bolts until you stop existing!

That is not an immortality choice, that is the exact opposite. You "fuse" back into the Universe as undifferentiated consciousness.

Therefore, not good. Doesn't harm anyone else, but why in the world would you throw away the gift of experience and life, and this beautiful planet?

Of course, there are many characters of the two religions that choose to keep reincarnating because they want to help lead others out of suffering, but it's still questionable imho.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 18-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
I've recently begun to view Nirvana as a type of "immortal soul suicide" since, if you take the fact that many religions believe the soul is immortal to begin with, Buddhism and Hinduism basically propose that you unravel your personality down to its nuts and bolts until you stop existing!

That is not an immortality choice, that is the exact opposite. You "fuse" back into the Universe as undifferentiated consciousness.

Therefore, not good. Doesn't harm anyone else, but why in the world would you throw away the gift of experience and life, and this beautiful planet?

Of course, there are many characters of the two religions that choose to keep reincarnating because they want to help lead others out of suffering, but it's still questionable imho.

' Buddhism and Hinduism basically propose that you unravel your personality down to its nuts and bolts until you stop existing! '

Can you point out please where the Buddha taught anything like your comment...
Old 18-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't think any religions are scientific, unless you secularize them...
Old 20-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Buddhism and Hinduism basically propose that you unravel your personality down to its nuts and bolts until you stop existing! '

Can you point out please where the Buddha taught anything like your comment...

I think it was in a philosophy class. Or else it was somewhere online. But, from my understanding, that was more the way Hinduism described it than he did. But on the other hand, other people say he was merely laying out a different way to attain it, not a different destination.

I also remember reading of a particular sect of monks that would practice being detached from those suffering right in front of them. But then, every religion has its bad moments. In the grand scheme of things, I think that's a lot less worse than other things that have gone on.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 28-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
If that's the determining factor, then Buddhism would win 100% to 0%. It is the only religion that both accepts those laws and rejects unscientific beliefs of an external god as a controlling force.

Nature is like a big programmed machine operated by GOD. When you practice virtues, God sometime manipulates this Nature's machine to protract you and put you on right track for a tragedy free life and finally to immortality.

Buddhism leads to only one type of immortality ie. Nirvana as compared to 4 types in Hinduism, hence 90%.
Old 28-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Ascender

What a wonderful idea to grade religions. I was just thinking to myself today that there's not enough holy wars going on in the world.
Old 28-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Four Hexagonal Great Planes

Fullers Operating System of Universe is the jitterbug--- aka Vector Equlibrium{ VE } and/or cubo{6}-octa{8}hedron --- and is defined by its 24 circumferential chords, that, specifically define four hexagonal planes in 60 degree coordination, that, lead to the following:

8 regular tri-angles--ergo 24, 60 degree surface angles,
6 regular squares--ergo 24, 90 degree surface angles,

24 internal radii,when the VE is created by infolding of subdivided set of 4 great hexagonal planes ergo 24, internal regular tri-angles.
http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...igs/f5511.html

and the below graphic of jitterbug
http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...igs/f6008.html

The 4-fold VE shares its 12 vertexes with the 5-fold icosa{20}hedron.

The VE contains the three and only three three structurally stable, regular/symmetrical, polyhedra of Universe/Uni-V-erse;

the 3-fold tetra{4}hedron,
the 4-fold octa{8}hedron, and,
-----------------------------------------------
the odd-bird-out, 5{phi}-fold icosa{20}hedron.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 05-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
No, I am not biased. Hinduism is the only religion that provides a choice of 4 types of immortality. Besides it contains all necessary science and knowledge ( pl see my other threads ). Hence best.
I'm reading this thread with interest, but please tell me what are the 4 types of immortality in Hinduism when I thought there was only one, viz direct realisation of Brahman Absolute (Satchidananda) through Nirvikalpa Samadhi thus freeing oneself from the binds of Karma?

Other than that...yeah, Hinduism is the best religion, but then again I can freely admit my bias.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Master
r6r6r - for once I actually understand what you are getting at! I do much better equating Universal Constants with geometry than with actual math.

To our poster OPVerma, the fact that one needs to 'grade' and qualify other religions for their worthiness, meaning judge them is in itself an act only the ego could or would desire to do. The Divine see's all acts of Love as worthy regardless the religion associated with it. The Divine would not say this religion is better than that other, only man would do that. Judging is in itself an act of unenlightenment.
Surely you know this?

Baile some of your comments really tickle me! *Hugs*