Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 13-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Ascender
Confronting Someone About their Mental Illness

I will keep affirming that this person can at some point come to grips with the reality that they have developed a particularly complex and rare disorder and it has affected their entire lives. I am trying to explain face on so maybe they will get it someday.

I do care very much about them. But this denial thing is extremely self and OTHER-destructive of theirs. I could have ended up a victim in a dangerous way if I didn't keep working on distancing myself from them frequently.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:15 AM
Would it be better to talk with a guardian, parent or relative?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2019, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I will keep affirming that this person can at some point come to grips with the reality that they have developed a particularly complex and rare disorder and it has affected their entire lives. I am trying to explain face on so maybe they will get it someday.

I do care very much about them. But this denial thing is extremely self and OTHER-destructive of theirs. I could have ended up a victim in a dangerous way if I didn't keep working on distancing myself from them frequently.
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with this person.

Only a qualified mental health practitioner can make the diagnosis of a Mental Illness, despite how that person is behaving and they know this too.

If this person has already been diagnosed as such, only those who have received training in the mental health care field have the necessary skillset to work with such afflicted individuals.

I don't know what it is like in other countries except for Australia, but in Australia, we have a group called ARAFMI - Association of Relatives And Friends of the Mentally Ill.

Perhaps there are similar resources in your country?

However, as Miss H has stated, it is best to approach the primary caregivers of your friend to see if you can offer assistance.

They may tell you that the most caring and compassionate thing you can do for them is just walk away, but include them in your prayers nonetheless.
Old 14-08-2019, 07:10 AM
Seeker

Could you describe this more? How do you mean a victim?
Old 22-08-2019, 02:23 AM
Ascender
Unhappy Caregivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with this person.

Only a qualified mental health practitioner can make the diagnosis of a Mental Illness, despite how that person is behaving and they know this too.

If this person has already been diagnosed as such, only those who have received training in the mental health care field have the necessary skillset to work with such afflicted individuals.

I don't know what it is like in other countries except for Australia, but in Australia, we have a group called ARAFMI - Association of Relatives And Friends of the Mentally Ill.

Perhaps there are similar resources in your country?

However, as Miss H has stated, it is best to approach the primary caregivers of your friend to see if you can offer assistance.

They may tell you that the most caring and compassionate thing you can do for them is just walk away, but include them in your prayers nonetheless.

He is 53, he has no caregivers.
But I am concerned he will end up committed in the US as a patient Soon. I don't know what's best for him. I am sad and confused and wish he wasn't so sick.
Old 22-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
He is 53, he has no caregivers.
But I am concerned he will end up committed in the US as a patient Soon. I don't know what's best for him. I am sad and confused and wish he wasn't so sick.
Hi sweetie, I am so sorry for that pain.
Watching someone sink and being helpless to make a difference.

I have no advice, I have a close friend that due to childhood trauma that was never delt with has developed coping mechanism that likely are diagnosable as a disorder. Pain does that.

I did once encourage him to get help successfully, unfortunately at the time he wasn't ready so lied to the therapist. Regardless an attempt was made.

I believe partially why he saught help was because I had similar trauma and had gotten counselling about a decade earlier. Talked about how it saved my life which it did. Unfortunatley all therapist are not created equal. I had one that was like Budda/Jesus energy. Loving accepting non-judgemental, and just so able to help walk someone through their pain.

Anyways it's been 3 years since he tried last to talk to a professional and just last week I suggested now might be another good opportunity because things had changed and he would not need to hide anything. He didn't speak to me for a week but once we got intouch again I explained the suggestion was brought forward because he himself had wondered why he did destructive things. He suddenly let his guard down again knowing he wasn't being criticized.

He said "he is not ready" but that isn't a no. So maybe in future he will try again.

Perhaps instead of saying someone is mentally ill because quite honestly every human is a bit mentally ill, it might be better to phrase things in a way of helping them learn to cope with life in a new way.

Mind you if they are completely delusional that likely wont help and all I can suggest is prayer. It has worked for me in the past.

I will send one up for your friend this afternoon. ALSO if you are going to speak with them about it I highly suggest praying for help so you say the right thing. We don't always know what that is so no harm asking for help.
Old 22-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Administrator
I Would have to agree with shivani on this mental illness is a grey area. if you are not qualified to deal with them.
is he not under his doctor? they should have people around them who can deal
with anyone suffering from mental illness, who can give them support etc.

Namaste
Old 24-08-2019, 07:15 PM
Ascender
I asked them to consider going to a Dr. and being evaluated for a certain disorder they seem to be exhibiting. But it's so rare and confusing and has such a terrible confusing stigma, they cannot even consider it.
Just like they seem unable to consider the fact that I may be a real psychic either. *Lots of denial.
It's just painful to move on, right now, there's no one to move on to, or consider. I'm in a very strange location, a state I only plan to be in a for a few more days. (It went badly when I came to the state-frequent sexual harassment).
Old 29-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Newbie ;)

it is one of the most difficult to accept your illness with someone. You never know what will happen when you say about these type of complex issues. SO BE CAREFUL
Old 31-08-2019, 01:48 AM
Ascender
He and I really are not speaking anymore. I detach and let him go.