Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
Did you ever think about,..to walk just into the wild, to leave behind the modern world, go and live a lifestyle somewhere ...as Christopher McCandless aka Alexander Supertramp did, if you didn't watch a movie called Into The Wild, you should for sure check it out. Would be an ascetic lifestyle something for you? Would you ever dare to do such or similar things? It's definitely very appealing to me, well maybe not the ''ascetic lifestyle '' part, I mean to live really without anything, which surely the ''total rejection'' of our crazy life style would bring...to some degree or another. I know for someone who decided one day to go around the world, without a single $.

The closest I came to doing this was when I paid passage to an uninhabited island off the coast of Cambodia. I did not even take a knife and/or a lighter. Fortunately or unfortunately, the boat took me to a populated tourist off the coast of Thailand...... Oh well.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Your first sentence, death? Is this the worst thing, I say a life lived in fear is.

No, not death. In that situation, i could only assume to many it wouldn't matter as much.

Having a vehicle would obviously make the journey easier.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:53 AM
Pathfinder
I also think that the movie point out the question, how to live our lives? What should be the point in it? It seems that in our current culture we only care about to stay alive, to be healthy, fitness, regular visits by the doctor, healthy food...to live long, certainly nothing wrong to care about one's health, but from my point of view there gives almost nothing about quality of life. As Alan Watts have said; '' Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way '' I fully agree with him on that.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Master
When you forgive you love clip:

https://youtu.be/vcLUWJGHE84
Old 02-08-2019, 01:45 PM
ImthatIm

You can do it,but you have to do it smart.
You cannot just run from society and plop yourself in the wild
and expect a good outcome.

Both society and the wild have their goods and bad.
I suggest training and small trips so you will see what it is like.
Then you can make a more informed decision.
Search out groups in your area that do similar type adventures
so you may learn in a group.

It is easy to romance about something without seeing the downfalls.
I highly suggest you dip the toe slowly.

There are all sorts of microbes that can take you out quickly.
Old 22-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Seeker
I came across the story of Chris McCandless and Fairbanks Bus 142 by chance, late one night in early 2008, when I was meant to be studying but got bored and started Googling random bus photos instead, as I’ve always been a bus geek to a greater or lesser extent. Somehow I stumbled across a photo of the abandoned Magic Bus, which led me to an article about Chris’s life story, and I’ve found it fascinating ever since.

In theory I love the Into The Wild idea, but in practice I know it wouldn’t work for me, for many of reasons already stated here!
Old 22-08-2019, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCrazyLion

In theory I love the Into The Wild idea, but in practice I know it wouldn’t work for me, for many of reasons already stated here!

I was brought up in the foot hills of a mountain range in the rural.

As for me, getting lost in our big woods, was just another adventure.

Taking off and doing what I wanted to do was something I always did as a kid.

As an adult, stepping into the unknown is just another adventure for me.

But then, I can see why some are hesitant...........

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.