Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Master
Seven Main Chakras or Eight?

Actually there are many chakras... like 1008 of them, all over the body.

However, the ones people pay most attention to total seven; Muladhara, Svadisthana, Manipura, Anahata, Visuddhi, Ajna and Sahasrara.

I would believe that Sahasrara isn't really a Chakra because it is beyond all energetic influence and cannot be 'opened' without the impetus provided by Kundalini. It is more like the 'goal' and not 'the ball'.

However, that would leave only six main chakras in our own current 'level of awareness'.

I have been studying Patanjali's eight Yoga steps and the Buddhas Noble Eightfold Path and lots of other scriptures where the number 8 dominates over the number 7.

So, I can immediately notice how each of the stages of these paths and steps correlate and correspond to the spiritual energies of each chakra...from spiritual intent to spiritual realisation...however, there are eight, which doesn't fit at all...I had one left over.

Until I incorporated the Bindu Chakra in the whole framework and then everything just fell into place very nicely. Is it possible that in the ancient days, yogis and gurus etc noticed and referred to eight chakras and not seven?

Or maybe the Bindu chakra is the seventh and Sahasrara is the chakra beyond all chakras, still keeping it at seven?

What say you all.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Ascender
I read the other day on some website I can't remember that there were somewhere in the region of 88,000 chakras. Something I hadn't been aware of before. It made me think there were then 1 chakra for each god - I guess - the sum of all chakras in bloom would equal total enlightenment.

System 7: Planet 7 (son kite mix) is one of my favourite music videos.
The deity in the intro has many chakras that sparkle like stars,
so maybe the amount of chakras can also depend on how many arms one has.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Guide
Oddly enough, one of the reasons I joined SF was to raise awareness of an eighth chakra which seems to be ignored by the majority of books and literature. Although I’ve worked with my own chakras in some depth over the years, I knew nothing of this chakra whilst having significant problems with it. It is known as the Ananda Khanda and sits on the right side of the chest, opposite the heart chakra. It is known as the root of bliss. There is very little information on the net about this (as I’ve done a lot of searching about it) with most information relating to the main seven. I came to know about this chakra by synchronicity and via the Aura Soma system, as in aura soma the Ananda Khanda is really important and is about the feeling side of the being. It is represented by turquoise and according to my dowsing, it is a masculine energy which sits in harmony with the green feminine energy of the heart.

So if anyone is having problems with what they believe to be their heart chakra, it may well be with the Ananda Khanda.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
Oddly enough, one of the reasons I joined SF was to raise awareness of an eighth chakra which seems to be ignored by the majority of books and literature. Although I’ve worked with my own chakras in some depth over the years, I knew nothing of this chakra whilst having significant problems with it. It is known as the Ananda Khanda and sits on the right side of the chest, opposite the heart chakra. It is known as the root of bliss. There is very little information on the net about this (as I’ve done a lot of searching about it) with most information relating to the main seven. I came to know about this chakra by synchronicity and via the Aura Soma system, as in aura soma the Ananda Khanda is really important and is about the feeling side of the being. It is represented by turquoise and according to my dowsing, it is a masculine energy which sits in harmony with the green feminine energy of the heart.

So if anyone is having problems with what they believe to be their heart chakra, it may well be with the Ananda Khanda.
That is very interesting. It is around the region of the Vishnu Granthi, or the psychic knot of the heart chakra. It is connected with passion, ambition and assertiveness.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Master
Many think of it as 10 main chakras, with 3 above and 7 below. The 3 above give what I call cosmic consciousness or cosmic "sight" and typically have to be opened through conscious focus for most who can access them. These are sometimes referred to as building the crown.

But the heart chakra region does transform after the chakras are opened and pass back through the heart, with conscious service of mind and crown chakras to heart. This expanded heart chakra is associated not just with green but with rose or magenta. Truthfully all waves and colours of a person's energy and consciousness bend and pass back through the heart centre (the singularity), to emanate both inward and outward (so to speak) to all.

In some sense, the heart chakra is not at all the same before as after...as we realise the connection of the individuate consciousness to the divine is here, at the awakened heart centre. The point of singularity.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Deactivated Account
I would say there are seven main chakras:
John the Divine described them in the book of Revelation as a book with seven seals with the seven churches and seven lighters. Prophet Mohammed climbed up a golden ladder (spine) to the seven heavens. Saint Teresa of Avila described in her book the soul as a castle with seven chambers.

But, there is also the Tibetan Book of the Dead with the eight furious Gods (maybe a hint to a possible 8th chakra, I'm not quite sure about this).
Old 05-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwill
I would say there are seven main chakras:
John the Divine described them in the book of Revelation as a book with seven seals with the seven churches and seven lighters. Prophet Mohammed climbed up a golden ladder (spine) to the seven heavens. Saint Teresa of Avila described in her book the soul as a castle with seven chambers.

But, there is also the Tibetan Book of the Dead with the eight furious Gods (maybe a hint to a possible 8th chakra, I'm not quite sure about this).
I actually did think about the 'Seventh Heaven' and I was looking for more references for the number 7 than this, Yes, Revelation has Seven Seals...Seven Pentacles consecrated to Saturn in the lesser Key of Solomon...that was all I could come up with, but thank you for the reference to Saint Theresa as well..that was a new one for me.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Newbie ;)

I would agree with 7 main chakras, and 14 minor Chakras (which come off the central channel). Thought the Bhindu Chakra was a sub/minor Chakra affiliated with the Crown Chakra.
To do some personal research I found the frequencies of sound that activated the Chakra's (21 of them)Not say that their aren't a lot more.
I was definitely able to open the Crown Chakra by just focusing on the sound. So would argue that the Seventh Chakra is really a Chakra.
Because all the Chakras were in an octave of each other, as in it was the note of the sound not just the frequency that opened them. Led me to explore the frequency /note where the top of the energy system ends and the bottom begins. This is a very interesting frequency to listen to as it is something that takes you completely out of attachment with your own energy system(Not attached to any particular Chakra). (This might be seen as an 8th Chakra by some, Though I would call it a point of transition rather than another Chakra).