Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 17-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Experiencer

[QUOTE=blank], someone elses [QUOTE=...

Attention Lynn perhaps ~

STILL DON'T KNOW how to write a reply with one person's quote in a rectangle (the window with their post), followed by say the person that replied to their post. THEN I want to reply with both the separate person's quotes. DOES this make sense?? Please pm me if it's not!! I need help accomplishing take-ing directions to action.

Thanks, JOYCE
Old 17-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Master
You can put a quote within a quote. It looks to me like you've got the bracket thing down... so try it like this (reminder, use square quotes instead of the curly ones I'm using). I used colour so you can see more easily where each quote code should begin and end. You see how the pink quote is entirely within the blue quote? That's what you're going for.

{quote=JoeBlow}{quote=JaneDoe}Wow, that Joyce has some interesting things to say!{/quote}Yes, I agree!{/quote}
Put your reply here...

You can also do it this way but there will be more space in the quote boxes (because of the extra lines):

{quote=JoeBlow}
{quote=JaneDoe}Wow, that Joyce has some interesting things to say!{/quote}
Yes, I agree!{/quote}
Put your reply here...

Of course, if you use the 'quote' button at the bottom right of a post, you can usually get away without having to write in the code thingies yourself in the first place.

You can also put each quote into their own quote box, just make sure each thing you want to quote is not within another quote code thingy. Probably the easier, quicker option.

{quote=JoeBlow}Yes, I agree!{/quote}
Joyce, you'd want to put your reply here...

Hope this helps. It takes a bit of practice and fiddling at times, you could practice in this thread to see if it works or not. Go on! I dare you!

Old 18-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Hope this helps. It takes a bit of practice and fiddling at times, you could practice in this thread to see if it works or not. Go on! I dare you!
Thanks, JOYCE
Well teacher Kaere, here's my first dared attempt
Thanks. I'm going to send another one with different quotes.

Thanks so much for your very detailed and caring instructions.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Quote:
Of course, if you use the 'quote' button at the bottom right of a post, you can usually get away without having to write in the code thingies yourself in the first place.

You can also put each quote into their own quote box, just make sure each thing you want to quote is not within another quote code thingy. Probably the easier, quicker option.

how to write a reply with one person's quote in a rectangle???????
Testing two go . .

Answered my own question about colors in quotes.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
{quote=JoeBlow}{quote=JaneDoe}Wow, that Joyce has some interesting things to say!{/quote}Yes, I agree!{/quote}
[i]Put your reply here...
Seems odd how the first person to speak, so to say, goes first in the [QUOTE lineup, in order to be listed second, but then that first name appears on top with no quote yet.

I'm wondering if I can get your quote with the colors to appear correctly if I also include something I said from my second email.

Anyway, expect another Kaere and THANKS again!
Old 18-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Quote:
{quote=JoeBlow}
Yes, I agree!{/quote}
Seems odd how the first person to speak, so to say, goes first in the [QUOTE lineup, in order to be listed second, but then that first name appears on top with no quote yet.
Now, I hope I can do this right again. LOVE the preview button. I'd actually been on SF a couple mths when lemmex told me about his mistake and hit submit rather than preview. How I missed that is kinda typical

It is quite time consuming to get things done correctly, but I suppose the time lessens with practice.

Thanks, Kaere