Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Experiencer
Cat Your pets after they pass on...

Hi!

Do you think that even after your pets pass on, they can still feel how much you love and miss them in the afterlife?

It's been about four years since I lost my beloved pet of 15 years. I mourn/miss my cat almost everyday. (We literally grew up together. I was a lonely only child and I got her as a kitten when in elementary school. She passed my fourth year of college.) It's still really hard for me to even go in certain areas of my house that she would linger in all the time. Sometimes, I even catch myself still saying out loud to pictures I have of her "I miss you!" and I wish she could hear/understand me. I guess I'm just looking for a way to have some closure and to know that I'm still connected to her as a way to heal.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:14 AM
yumi14

I really hope they can still feel our love <3
Old 02-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Master

Yes, if you send loving thoughts, from the heart, to loved ones in spirit, they will receive them.

A number of animal NDEs, Bruce Bond's is the most famous, but this one is my favourite and, in my opinion, the most comforting ...

'Horses and dogs were playing together and when they stopped they seemed to stare a hole right through me. I was told they were checking to see if I was the person they were waiting for that had loved them while on earth.'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Guide
I see spirits of people and animals and when my father died in February two family pets died within the same week. The reason I am mentioning this is that both pets stayed at the family home for a few months. What I mean to say is that they kept coming back and staying with us sometimes for a long period of time and sometimes to just check in. My sister, one of the pets was hers, has had an incredibly hard time getting over losing her dog and he knows that. He still checks on her from time to time and I notice that when he is there her whole demeanor changes. She can feel his energy even if she doesn't believe the same way I do.

So in answer to your question, Yes they can and do. Their love for us, just like our love for them, does not diminish just because they are awaiting us on the other side.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 02-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Ascender
Great answers, Noble Knight and SpiritCarrier! All I can do is confirm what they wrote - that beloved pets can and do visit their caretakers after passing over, where the love bond was strong, even if the visits are not always noticed. True love never dies.

If you call out to her spiritually, she will surely hear you. If you open your heart, you may even hear an answer.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:43 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botticella22
Hi!

Do you think that even after your pets pass on, they can still feel how much you love and miss them in the afterlife?

It's been about four years since I lost my beloved pet of 15 years. I mourn/miss my cat almost everyday. (We literally grew up together. I was a lonely only child and I got her as a kitten when in elementary school. She passed my fourth year of college.) It's still really hard for me to even go in certain areas of my house that she would linger in all the time. Sometimes, I even catch myself still saying out loud to pictures I have of her "I miss you!" and I wish she could hear/understand me. I guess I'm just looking for a way to have some closure and to know that I'm still connected to her as a way to heal.

Animals have souls too. It is quite possible for the "ghost" of your cat to be near you. You may attract your departed cat easily. Just pretend that death never occurred. In heaven animals have their own areas and do not mix with human souls but a human soul can go to where animals are to visit sometimes.

After my pet passed on there were times when I awoke suddenly feeling her jump onto my bed. It happens. Bless it...

Finally reincarnation applies to all life forms, not just humans. It is very possible for the soul of your departed cat to be reborn to be with you again. Sure there are lots of variables in this. Don't forget we all have guides. It is possible for him/her to make the necessary arrangements. How do you know your new cat is the same as the old? You'll know. If it is, it is and if it isn't it isn't

Things like this are proof there is a God who cares.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Master

After losing a very special dog (German Shepherd Dog) a number of years ago to cancer, he came back to see me. I was at the bottom of the stairs with the vacuum and I suddenly looked up and there was my beautiful Kazan looking down at me. He looked well with his coat all shiny again and was so real and solid I felt I could reach up and touch him. He never liked the vacuum so I turned it off and started up the stairs and he turned and headed to our bedroom. When I got there he had gone but there was an indentation on the bed.

He's often around, even though we have a female GSD (or maybe BECAUSE she's a pretty female, lol) and I know the bond will never be broken.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator
Yes, my cat comes around.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botticella22
Hi!

Yes,absolutely. Even before i came back to this forum,i believed that. All minds are joined and telepathic and even after life on the physical realm,that connection continues.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 03-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
After losing a very special dog (German Shepherd Dog) a number of years ago to cancer, he came back to see me. I was at the bottom of the stairs with the vacuum and I suddenly looked up and there was my beautiful Kazan looking down at me. He looked well with his coat all shiny again and was so real and solid I felt I could reach up and touch him. He never liked the vacuum so I turned it off and started up the stairs and he turned and headed to our bedroom. When I got there he had gone but there was an indentation on the bed.

He's often around, even though we have a female GSD (or maybe BECAUSE she's a pretty female, lol) and I know the bond will never be broken.

Lovely that your dog came back to visit you and you were able to see him so clearly. It's true special bonds with loved ones, both animal and human are never broken.
I think my dog Toby (a border collie mix) came to visit me in a dream once. I think that spirits, both human and animal are able to do that. In my dream Toby was very real, I could smell him. I said 'Toby you've come back' but then I woke up.